SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

17 hours ago, Victory said:

It is great to hear from you Neil.

It sounds like country life agrees with you and to have a proper shed as well as a garage for your street cars is a dream that we all have.

Thanks Charles, we are very happy living up here. Hope all is well with you guys. Later on in the year Cheryl will get some much loving.

15 hours ago, Duncan said:

funny how you forgot to mention the rb30 swap!

And, if we aren't going to get any car pics, at least you should post up some shed pics :)

Kel mentioned Tamworth round is confirmed cancelled as well? Looks like I'll need to do club rounds at huntley or sdma

The rb30 swap was never ever going to happen. We have over the years enough wins and podiums to suit me fine. Cheryl will be used for club stuff and the odd Morgan Park sprints.

I know we all love big power numbers, but they don't translate to quick times, I have enough trouble with wheel spin as it is or was. 

Car pics, bloody hell I rolled her out the other day for a wash (with tank water as we are on level 5 water restrictions) and that's all she's got since we moved up here.

Shed pics, really?, does anybody actually care how I design my shed.

Kel's right no Tamworth state round but they are talking about running a club round instead.

15 hours ago, fatz said:

I can also confirm Neil's joint is  good accommodation and storage for skylines when you crash them ( beer fridge always stocked like a good boozer)

I try my hardest buddy. Greta liked your car.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Popped down to Sydney on Saturday to pick up my 3 pallet loads of parts and my girls refurbished motor, Cheryl's engine is now home, thank god. I have to control myself as my plans at the moment do not include getting her in and running quickly, just nice to have her home.

20201004_095921.jpg

20201004_122345.jpg

20201004_122351.jpg

20201004_122403.jpg

20201006_153242.jpg

20201006_153254.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, BOZ22N said:

Glad to see you still have this buddy. 

Yea Buddy, Cheryl and I are joined at the hip. 2022 will see her back racing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is certainly no update, I get asked all the time for pics of her cage and the originals don't work anymore so I thought I would post some I took from today. Sorry she's a little dirty but it is what it is. If you need any more just ask and I'll post them.

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would do a simple little job installing inner door grab handles.

Well bugger me the stupid owner hadn't lightened the drivers door, so out with the hydraulic punch set from Hare & Forbes CHP-60, 3 different size drills and much work. Two day's later and with some blood I ended up with this, why I think it's a good idea to try removing metal swarf with my fingers is total stupidity, but I got it done. 346 grams is no indication of the weight removed as that doesn't take into account all the drilling swarf also removed, more like 400-430 grams, so not far off 1/2 kilo.

So out with the door lock electric actuators which weight 130 grams each with the wiring will get a weight loss of about 700 grams. I'm a little annoyed, I really wanted to see a Kilo. 

door trim1.jpg

door trim2.jpg

junk.jpg

holes1.jpg

holes2.jpg

• Like 2

On 17/07/2022 at 10:34 PM, MBS206 said:

Are you going back over those holes with a dimple die to make it stronger than it originally was?

The thought had crossed my mind, but my passenger door still hasn't sagged so I think I'm safe. Have you seen the price of a dimple set, I'd only use it once and then it would sit on the shelf forever, So basically that's a nah. As Duncan would say "That's 2 tyres".  

On 7/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, Neil said:

The thought had crossed my mind, but my passenger door still hasn't sagged so I think I'm safe. Have you seen the price of a dimple set, I'd only use it once and then it would sit on the shelf forever, So basically that's a nah. As Duncan would say "That's 2 tyres".  

Have seen guys 3D print them and get over 1000 uses from one die before needing to reprint them.

At about a $1 a set... I plan to give it a go!

• Like 2

On 18/07/2022 at 10:21 PM, MBS206 said:

Have seen guys 3D print them and get over 1000 uses from one die before needing to reprint them.

At about a $1 a set... I plan to give it a go!

Please post your results in your build thread buddy, I can always re-visit the holes down the track.