SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Received this today out of the UK very cheap.

post-29-1291032511_thumb.jpg

I need to find a cheaper than a $1000 Carbon Fibre bonnet with no ricey vents,,,maybe a cheap S2 factory or a fibreglass bonnet. It will be painted so if anybody has one thats needs some work I'm your man.

Cheers

Neil.

Neil, can you send me the details of where to got the bonnet catches please I want to get a set. If you find a cheap bonnet let me know cause I have been looking for one for a while also.

Got them from uk ebay mate,,,heres the link,,,he is not the only shop,,,there were a few,,,but I've used him before,,,I've bought stuff for the Radical off him.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Yea bonnets are a bloody pain,,,I only just missed out on a slightly damaged Carbon Fibre one from Just Jap,,,Duncan sent me this joint,,,very ricey place,,,but it might be worth a look for you. I'll keep my ear out to the ground for you,,,you need a S1 don't you?.

http://www.carmate.com.au/

Cheers

Neil.

Sweet thanks yer my car is a series one, the bonnets are very cheap I will let you know if I get one. I just want something light with minimal vents and shit.

Ryan,,,their shop is like 5-10 minutes away from where I live,,,so if you need me to go and have a look for you thats cool. Just ask mate.

Cheers

Neil.

Received this today out of the UK very cheap.

post-29-1291032511_thumb.jpg

I need to find a cheaper than a $1000 Carbon Fibre bonnet with no ricey vents,,,maybe a cheap S2 factory or a fibreglass bonnet. It will be painted so if anybody has one thats needs some work I'm your man.

Cheers

Neil.

Have you had a look at www.musecret.com.au

I believe they may have what you are after and most of them are under 1000

Have you had a look at www.musecret.com.au

I believe they may have what you are after and most of them are under 1000

Thanks mate,,,I'll ring them tomorrow.

Cheers

Neil.

The mail man's been getting a work out lately and so has ebay. I paid $271 landed saving $108 bucks. Roll cage foam here I come.

post-29-1291362668_thumb.jpg

Pity seats are so bloody expensive to ship,,,looks like they will be a local buy.

Cheers

Neil.

hey Neil, your steering wheel is not round. how do you expect to do sick drifting?

any progress this weekend?

Correct Duncan my new wheel is not round,,,did you what to drift Cheryl???.

No actual work on the car this weekend,,,Nice to have a rest,,,lots of researching work done though.

I can tell anybody that wants to know that buying roll cage foam out of the States at a good price isn't going to happen. Unless you want it sea freight(12 to 16 weeks). This was looking great,,,till we had a talk about shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170568669191&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I've decided on an ECU for the moment,,,we are going power fc

Cheers

Neil.

Picked this up tonight,,,I spent literally hours on the net looking for a good one,,,found one on e-bay that I liked only to be out-bid in the last 15 seconds,,,sucked in to whoever beat me,,,you paid to much money.

Hge disappointment,,,so I logged onto SAU and what was sitting in the "New Posts" another bloody PFC. Quick call and sold,,,nice bloke to boot with some really cool Staffie dogs and pups. He made 230 kilo's so it will have a good starting point.

This will do for a while as I really do want motec.

post-29-0-54858600-1291626323_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

Neil do you want a Wide Band oxygen sensor setup?

Well actually Yes,,,what did you have in mind?.

post-29-0-25583200-1291884598_thumb.jpg

I've seen this puppy in a certain GTR,,,just not the gauge.

Cheers

Neil.

Innovative LM-1

inn-3723_w.jpg

With an LMA-3 Data Logging Kit...

LMA3_web3.jpg

PM me if you would like to make an offer. It's just sitting at my Dad's house. I'd say replace the O2 sensor with a new one, as O2 was always in the dump pipe, but unit was rarely connected...

Lemme know and I'll try bring it on Sunday.

Innovative LM-1

inn-3723_w.jpg

With an LMA-3 Data Logging Kit...

LMA3_web3.jpg

PM me if you would like to make an offer. It's just sitting at my Dad's house. I'd say replace the O2 sensor with a new one, as O2 was always in the dump pipe, but unit was rarely connected...

Lemme know and I'll try bring it on Sunday.

Nice,,,but at this stage,,,a simple cheap system will do for the time being if I even bother. While it would be great,,,in my big picture using Motec will do everything I need after the engines are done. The entry level M84 at rrp of $2420 is great value I think.

Cheers

Neil.

Spent Saturday,,,researching again. I'm chasing a 2nd gearbox so I can run an after-market gear set. Bloody hell every bastard wants them,,,for SR powered cars and VL's. $1500 for a second hand un-known one is serious rubbish money,,,I'll keep looking but,,,I've just about decided that I have 2 options,,,ask in our wanted section for a crunchy one or look at importing a car.

Sunday,,,started at 8.30 and had to stop at 2.00pm,,,I'm getting way to old to put in a full day in this heat. I started with cleaning up again,,,it's so easy to make a mess. I decided I needed to start covering the holes left after the sound-deadening fun we had. I found 3 of the 4 big steel plugs and after removing 5mm of crap off them,,,I welded them in. I couldn't find the 4th one so we ventured down to Clark Rubber to buy some rubber grommets to block the firewall holes,,,floor holes and the hycass hole in the boot,,,or should I say I bent over and got raped. $40 buck for 13 grommets just isn't fair,,,What would they cost them,,,20 cents each. Anyway as Mel said on the way home,,,"You needed them so cop it on the chin my love".

post-29-0-51840900-1292130665_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-92365900-1292130683_thumb.jpg

Started looking at removing the carbon canister and all it's pipes and hoses,,,but I need 2 peeps to do to properly.

Cheers

Neil.