SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

1 hour ago, mr skidz said:

I can post back another log when I'm on E85 if people want?
although some people get all sensitive and upset when I post actual data. emoji23.png

How about you post up your dyno sheet of your 5's and a built 2.8L and Brett can post his sheet of his 8374 on a stock 2.6L and everyone can see how the lil 2.6L belts you by over 100kw everywhere from 4000rpm to 8000rpm? Now thats ACTUAL data! ?

20 minutes ago, Lithium said:

I'm sure no one could flame you for that, any reason I can think of which would make you do that suggests things aren't going well for you :(

He hasn't installed it yet. Too busy trying to sell his -5's with the plethora of them for sale ATM. Haha.

How about you post up your dyno sheet of your 5's and a built 2.8L and Brett can post his sheet of his 8374 on a stock 2.6L and everyone can see how the lil 2.6L belts you by over 100kw everywhere from 4000rpm to 8000rpm? Now thats ACTUAL data! [emoji14]

Sweet if it looks as stock and clean as my engine Bay does using an r32 airbox and using 98 I'm in57ba35dc4e61c38980476bc78dd67236.jpg

should provide a log with:

• MAP
  • RPM
  • TPS
  • Gear
  • VSS
  • Time

Then go for a drive shift 2nd to 3rd to 4th to 5th

Then we can analyse the RPM vs TPS vs MAP... what you will see is when TPS is 0%  and as TPS reaches 100% again in between gear changes that boost falls on it's arse and takes a few moments to come back on.

Actually looks cleaner to me.... Lets see how much of your "stock airbox" is left? Bet it looks like swiss cheese ?

Plus i bet his engine bay is alot cooler and easier to work on than yours ?

Pros and cons for everything i guess... Look stock go slow... Look modded go fast.... Its an individual preference and i respect that fact.

End of the Day you trying to make your car go fast? Im gunna bet the answer is yes. 

Reality is regardless of what your engine bay looks like if the PO PO is gunna pull you over they aren't gunna start looking for mods. They will just send you over the pits and you will be screwed just like the other blokes with the faster "non stock" looking engine bays.

20160723_162210.jpg

10 minutes ago, mr skidz said:

If you're boost still falls off that bad in between gears you need a new tuner..lol

Pretty happy with my tuna, I'm sure others are too.

12 minutes ago, mr skidz said:

Well DOSE if you're interested in drag racing data, Which I couldn't give two shits about emoji47.png
wouldn't you have the flat shift function enebled using a H pattern!!

Well Mr Skidz, I'm actually more interested in your transient response :) 

I'm not a drag racing kind of guy either, not sure if you haven't noticed at all?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I know of a guy that will buy them from you, damage them and then send them back for a refund 

Owch man! Haha.

speaking of which arrived today. Let's see how I sent them.

Anyone can buy anything and then complain 4.5 months later that they're buggered. Without ANY evidence, PayPal rules in the buyers favour.

I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN!

Anyway, back to EFR's!

Sorry guys can't help you with any logs I got a bit carried away

d2a8a73f4c.jpg

Good news is the complete bolt on 8374 setup is now available so you too can enjoy :D

4 minutes ago, reaper said:

Sorry guys can't help you with any logs I got a bit carried away

d2a8a73f4c.jpg

Good news is the complete bolt on 8374 setup is now available so you too can enjoy :D

Is that your car now? You don't much around, mate!