SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

So thats a 0.82 on a 2L Evo? Thanks for posting.

I am simply going on the single example I have seen in person and then reading various sites, and as per that link i posted some pretty detailed testing vs the 3076. I am asking questions here more than making statements.

And yes transient response is ace...but I am a poor bastard and whilst I would love to have all the power and response in the world...my budget means I need to compromise somwhere...to invest what is about 4.5k in a 7670 installed on my car....well I need to really warm to the idea if it going to make the same power as what just came off

Yes thats on a 2L emo mate. The thing with these EFR's is (yes im repeating myself) but the dynosheet really does these things NO JUSTICE whatsoever! I guarantee if you threw an EFR on your car and drove it before you looked at the dynosheet you wouldn't care what was on that sheet cos you'd already won! 

These things literally respond to throttle input like an N/A its honestly the only way i can describe it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Yes thats on a 2L emo mate. The thing with these EFR's is (yes im repeating myself) but the dynosheet really does these things NO JUSTICE whatsoever! I guarantee if you threw an EFR on your car and drove it before you looked at the dynosheet you wouldn't care what was on that sheet cos you'd already won! 

These things literally respond to throttle input like an N/A its honestly the only way i can describe it. 

Agreed.

You can't go past a 7670 for your Sr20, however, make sure you go twin scroll, and use small cams (256 or 260 max).

If you want to keep cost down, go the twin scroll internal gate version.

The only other thing is to factor in turbo shaft speed sensor (and ecu that can read it). EFRs are very sensitive to overspinning and will suffer catastrophic failure operating outside recommended max range. For example, max recommended for 7670 is 140,000rpm. This equates to around 30psi on my car. Might be slightly more on a 2L.

Think its 127K Joey??  But no idea on psi lol. Wait n see next week on Nicks car when results are in ?

Then get ya ass over to my place for a piss up in a few weeks! ?

Edited by Mick_o

2 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Think its 127K Joey??  But no idea on psi lol. Wait n see next week on Nicks car when results are in ?

Then get ya ass over to my place for a piss up in a few weeks! ?

I agree with everything in the above ?

Psi would depend on how well you engine breathes, would it not? 127,000 rpm is max for the 8374. Might be an idea to drop a speed sensor in it depending on how hard you wanna push it.

18 minutes ago, GTR_JOEY said:

ECU is running out of inputs lol, will know once you and Nick have a full tune ?

That old chest nut! Lol

you can buy a display.

Such a Jew lol

youve been away for a million years. I'd lend you mine but I ain't pulling it all out.

either way, you should get a good idea with the wogs car and my car.

3 minutes ago, GTR_JOEY said:

Lol! Buying more houses, which is what you should be doing.

yours won't be ready for ages, I know what your like ?

Not really. Exhaust has started. I had to wait for Dennis to finish up a few things and get some cars out. Everything is up there, just a matter of welding it together. Then tow to Insight for ECU wire in. It won't be long. :).

On 30/07/2016 at 8:31 PM, GTR_JOEY said:

Anyone know what the max RPM for the 83/74 1.05 and what's does that equate to in PSI approximately 

For the record, compressor RPM and pressure are not related... at all. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2016 at 3:58 PM, Mick_o said:

Honestly a GTX isnt even remotely similar to an EFR. They are next level shit! Ive Driven Petes 6266 and an 8374 and throttle response and transient response arent even comparable man it is THAT much better! I thought my GTX was good & while it was i then moved onto a HTA and that was alot better than the GTX i think the precision was very much the same as the HTA but EFR chews them all up and spits them out! As Johnny said a normal shift feels like a sequential box it really hits that hard again when you swap cogs. ?

Micko, you know I had a hiccup with the Vcam ECU setup and it was sorted last Thursday, the car is much different down low and gets going nicely, totally different to when you drove it at the BBQ :)

I was very impressed with Bretts response with the 8374 on his 26 and was wondering how the 8374 would be on a 3.2.

I believe the 8374 turbine wheel is much lighter than my 6266 Gen2 wheel, so it will spin earlier, I wonder if anyone has a back to back between the 2 turbos. They are both rated at 800ph , so i guess the light weight turbine wheel is the major difference ?

We spoke about my motor needs to breathe better, I left everything as it was on the car before the initial 3.2 build, including the .84 rear housing.

Would a 1.00 or bigger rear housing help on my 3.2 , keeping in mind I do not want to loose any bottom end.

The exhaust is 3.5" from dump to tail, not eager to change it as it seems to work well and not too noisy , but would a 4" dump make any difference ?

14 hours ago, Piggaz said:

How long, Pete?

Whats on the list to do?

trying to low mount it?

Few months.

Aim is to get the manifold done while I'm out at site for the 3 weeks now, then need to sort all the wiring, fuel system, oil lines etc, just he minor finishing which will take a little bit of time, but I'll have a week off to try bust that out After that just need to sort out a tuna and book it in for first startup and run in !

Low mount is the aim. Not going to be easy but not going to be easy to do a top mount either. Using 1 5/8 inch tube as well which doesn't help

I'm not sure it would clear 32 aircon as the unit is longer and the line for it heads straight back. Additionally this is pretty cost competitive and either way know it's a perfect fit.

Good point on the clearance, anyone for a clue on a good amount to leave?