SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Congratulations on the result, but the No.s seems low for what its got.

I have a Garrett GT2871 56T in .64 rear in my 180SX SR20det with Tomei Pon cams and that made 260rwkws on 18psi with pump 98 fuel. 261rwkws on E85 is propabably just pass 230rwkws on pump. Whats that turbo equivalent to in Garrett range?

Cheers!

Couple things to consider about the number, 1st, I have a leak somewhere, so I'm bleeding boost, I peak at 17 but drop fairly quickly down to 15, ergo, it's not running at its potential. When I get that leak located and sealed, I can run 17-18psi the whole range, and probably pick up a good handful of kw.

Second, it's on a Mainline. The Willall dyno is a pretty hungry little thing. I could roll up on the nearest DD and pick up 20kw on the same day.

Hell, for all I know I'm running out of fuel. I was too excited when I picked it up to worry about such small things as injector dc...

As to its equivalent in Garrett... Shit. I don't really know. Equal parts 2871 and 3071. But it feels so much better than either of those.

I dont understand the comment re a small number, it is an EFR running 17psi...... Arent these things designed around massive PR's? I think its doing a great job, knowing you have E85 up your sleeve you should definitely squeeze at least another 5psi out of it.

How much can be expected from something thats 'all in' at the 3400rpm level on a baby SR? LOL. IMHO Your motor is going to free up too, a years worth of sitting around will make it pretty lazy off the bat.

Well. I like your results. They make me wonder if the GTX still have their place on a 4 pot, and your not at full tune yet. Good work!

P.S. f**k YOU BORG WARNER, hurry up and make these things readily available :P

When I get the leak sorted, I'll think about an extra few psi. I'm not sure how much fuel my tiny little 850's have left in them though...

I don't think I'll ever be able to go to Garrett as a first option on a Nissan, hell, on anything after this. Everything just feels so damn good about it.

Defs glad I ordered mine when I did.

And now for what everyone has been waiting for. I got tired of waiting for the readout to get emailed to me, so I did the typical internet thing and took a photo of the printout.

IMG_9047.jpg

I dont understand the comment re a small number, it is an EFR running 17psi...... Arent these things designed around massive PR's? I think its doing a great job, knowing you have E85 up your sleeve you should definitely squeeze at least another 5psi out of it.

How much can be expected from something thats 'all in' at the 3400rpm level on a baby SR? LOL. IMHO Your motor is going to free up too, a years worth of sitting around will make it pretty lazy off the bat.

Well. I like your results. They make me wonder if the GTX still have their place on a 4 pot, and your not at full tune yet. Good work!

P.S. f**k YOU BORG WARNER, hurry up and make these things readily available :P

I've only ever seen 1 legit 2871 result come close to this in terms of response and outright power. It was all in in the low 3's, peaked around 270 and rolled off after 5500. Pretty sure it was running 50/50 98/e85 or something with the cams cranked way over to get response.

Anyway. The potential is obviously there. For a baby "bolt on" to have that sort of power with mid 3's response is extremely impressive.

If you aren't out of injector already you will be once the leak is fixed. ID2000 time.

Haha I'm serious lol the Toyota can eat a dick for all I care ATM

Keep finding s14s for sale and seeing what an effectively bolt on turbo can do excited my pants

Haha I'm serious lol the Toyota can eat a dick for all I care ATM

Keep finding s14s for sale and seeing what an effectively bolt on turbo can do excited my pants

Come drive mine once its off the rollers next, if it turns out as per the last one that I did with this exact setup (this motor has .5:1 more CR, hopefully its not a negative thing) it should be ballistic.

Ive already got it pushing me back at 2000rpm. Praying it works in full this time.

If you aren't out of injector already you will be once the leak is fixed. ID2000 time.

Missed this. That is a concern, but I'll just deal for now. Should be enough left in the injectors when the leak is sorted. After that I'm just gonna drive it and enjoy it for a while. ID2000's, more boost, 4.11 rear, etc may come later, but before I even think about that, I'm thinking BM50.

BorgWarner SX80 turbocharger (rated at 1300hp) with 1.1 a/r ceramic coated exhaust housing with oil supply filter

file://localhost/Users/davidbarrow/Documents/curve.jpg

Someone must know something about the EFR 7163. The only hints at real-world use are a password protected entry on the Perrin blog and a video that has been removed from Youtube. Has BW changed their mind about releasing it and trying to destroy the evidence or something?

I know that I have a pair sitting in my garage at home.........

So without dwelling on it too much more what turbochargers were you using and what was overall opinion on the twin configuration? It was a very packed engine bay with it all in there.

Having been through the twins already, retropectively would you have gone a single EFR or would you in future?