SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Going off the position of the povit, being closest to the turbo. I'd say that is exactly how it works..

Be intresting to see if they become available to the public.. And what they cost..

Pitty they seem so large though..My turbo would be all most rubbing on my bonnet with that fitted under it.

Just like this :)

Sorry the link has pretty rubbish pics.

http://www.dieselpow...3t4-flange.aspx

Google turbine diverter valve for more images.

Edited by --Redwork--

• 1 month later...

Looks nice, looking forward to hearing how this goes - what is the engine spec again? Is it being tuned on pump gas, or something alcoholic?

It's a Tomei 2.8l running 87mm bore,9.3:1 comp on E85. Has all the goodies to make the power.

Oh that's right, it all comes back to me - hadn't they (they being since demised units) already been run up and outspooled and outflowed the GT2871R-10s, at least while they lasted?

Oh that's right, it all comes back to me - hadn't they (they being since demised units) already been run up and outspooled and outflowed the GT2871R-10s, at least while they lasted?

That's correct although I'm hoping these ones hang around a little longer. Wasted money on coating them if they don't.... :wacko:

They look like a pain in the ass to fit :(

Any reason why you didn't use a mettalic bend off that front turbo instead of silicone?

They become easier the more you do it....

No, other than when we first put them together we were under time restraints so just went with what was easier. Just using the same over this time again...

• 1 month later...

They become easier the more you do it....

No, other than when we first put them together we were under time restraints so just went with what was easier. Just using the same over this time again...

Have you had a run on the dyno yet to see what power you got out of the new turbos?

Have you had a run on the dyno yet to see what power you got out of the new turbos?

No not as yet. When it was obvious we weren't going to make WTAC we took our foot off the pedal. Should be running in 2-3 weeks.

• 1 month later...

I've set a time limit of end of November. If there are no 7064 .92's available, I'll get a GTX3067R with an ATP divided .82 housing or a Tial .63. Full Race should have T3 .82 7064's in stock now with T4 1.05's due in about a week and T4 .92's due about a week after that. I'll believe it when I see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to report back after my tuner has had a good play with the info from it.

It's just an optical sensor like the crank trigger.

A friend of mine has just installed the same on his RB, it was a first for Haltech apparently. Haltech spent sometime with both Ross and the tuner involved and loved the info from it. I believe they are going to write it into all their ecu software from now on.

I've set a time limit of end of November. If there are no 7064 .92's available, I'll get a GTX3067R with an ATP divided .82 housing or a Tial .63. Full Race should have T3 .82 7064's in stock now with T4 1.05's due in about a week and T4 .92's due about a week after that. I'll believe it when I see it.

i feel the same way. fortunately we've got tracking numbers now so the situation has improved

Just logged in to see if anyone has gotten the 7064 yet.

regarding 7064: the t3 singlescrolls have good availability, t4 twinscrolls shipping again

Happy to report back after my tuner has had a good play with the info from it. It's just an optical sensor like the crank trigger. A friend of mine has just installed the same on his RB, it was a first for Haltech apparently. Haltech spent sometime with both Ross and the tuner involved and loved the info from it. I believe they are going to write it into all their ecu software from now on.

good to hear things are working for you john, eager for you to get some seat time and finally experience the turbos at full song. btw did you guys get the ets-pro going

Edited by Full-Race Geoff