SAU Community

Intercooler Choice For R34 Gt-t

rondofj

G Day,

Would people mind sharing there opinion on the below 4 intercoolers I have narrowed down to install on my 34 GTT with 12psi, full turbo back zorst, cold air intake, plugs etc. Looking to chase 280-300ish rwkw in future.

1. Blitz return flow cooler - best one but expensive at $699 from just jap.

2. Cooling Pro return flow - Priced at $499, gold color is crap, is this a cheap china core with crap functionality above 250rwkw?

3. Cooling Pro non-return flow - same issues as above, - cheap china? plus have to trim fan, make hole in chasis for pipe on drivers side etc - cheapest of the lot at $399 from Just Jap

4. HDI - good value mid range cooler at $545 plus 50 postage (postage from where, I'm in Syd??), but its a non return flow - lag etc and have to trim fan, make hole in chasis etc..

So those are my views, what would people recommend / experiences etc??

thanks RON

post-49401-1288421222_thumb.jpg

post-49401-1288421231_thumb.jpg

post-49401-1288421263_thumb.jpg

post-49401-1288421277_thumb.jpg

all of those are suitable and a on mild GTT they are fine

you will incur some extra throttle lag no matter what core you fit - its physics

go the blitz one given its price as it saves cutting the chassis to fit extra pipes

Get the Blitz. Its not much more money anyway. I have an ARC turnflow on my R34 and Im glad i spent the extra money. Just the fact everything fit so nicely made it worth it. My friend brought some dodgy china kit for his and nothing lined up properly.

G Day,

Would people mind sharing there opinion on the below 4 intercoolers I have narrowed down to install on my 34 GTT with 12psi, full turbo back zorst, cold air intake, plugs etc. Looking to chase 280-300ish rwkw in future.

2. Cooling Pro return flow - Priced at $499, gold color is crap, is this a cheap china core with crap functionality above 250rwkw?

3. Cooling Pro non-return flow - same issues as above, - cheap china? plus have to trim fan, make hole in chasis for pipe on drivers side etc - cheapest of the lot at $399 from Just Jap

4. HDI - good value mid range cooler at $545 plus 50 postage (postage from where, I'm in Syd??), but its a non return flow - lag etc and have to trim fan, make hole in chasis etc..

So those are my views, what would people recommend / experiences etc??

thanks RON

got the blitz fitted just yesterday..

car was puling 190rwkw and stuck cos i didnt have a cooler.........

put the blitz return flow and car is now @ 207rwkw..... with stock 34 turbo..

Hey personally, i think go the Blitz Return flow cooler, with the cooling pro and HDI, its a hassle to cut the fan and make the hole n stuff... Speically while cutting the fan blades,ull have to cut it so much that it defers the purpose of that fan...

Save the extra buck and get the Blitz Return flow, easy to install and great performance...

Of course number 1 go blitz but the cooling pro return flow are proven to be good to they are not dodgy cheap chinese ones Ive gone 275kw with it and its not a probelm and alot of people have gone more its just abit more work when fitting doesnt line up aswell as blitz.

thanks for the amazing response guys, I guess everyone including myslef have no doubts that Blitz is the go here, just wanted to know if the cooling pro return flow is suited for 250 to max 300rwkw or does it start crapping itself.. Have read heaps on coolers with mixed response so still have a bit of attraction for the cooling pro return flow due to its price, but I guess u generally get what u pay for - though not always.. :P

• 4 weeks later...

For those in the know, is there any mechanical difference between Blitz SE and CS?

Just Jap site says "CS Coating For Alloy Corrosion Resistance" but is that worth the extra cost ($699 vs. $749)?

Also, does anyone sell these kits locally in Melbourne to save the P&P?

Thanks

I went to check these out, the blitz one does have much bigger dia pipes, the one that runs back under the cooler, we placed the cooling pro and blitz pipes side by side and its like half an inch bigger at least and tapers down to the same diameter at the ends..does that make a diff to throttle response?