SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

Well last week the m35 was fiited with a custom 3inch stainless full exhaust, high flow cat, and magflow muffler. As a result, i now need a boost controller to keep check on boost levels. this is booked in for next week. I have also replaced the stock 17' rims with much better 19's. and plan new suspension with the intention of lowering the car. if any one knows what suspension works on the 2001 rs4's can you please let me know!

Edited by bechopps

Pics please?

I have BC coilovers in my NM35, height preload and damper adjustable for around $1200 -$1300. Will run from stock height to snow plow. But there are quite a few other options. Good luck!

I went to see Sam, RED513 yesterday. It is nice to talk with like minded souls.

Anyway I took the plenum off today and secured all the water lines as Sam suggested. Tomorrow I will relocate the fuel filter and relocate the relocated oil filter. Also give the cold start a good clean and clean the injectors.

I buggered the plenum gasket so will get a new one Tuesday. Hols tomorrow. Then its back together Wednesday.

Cleaned and polished headlights. Lots of japanese air grime came off. I think i might need to do it again soon though. Whilst rinsing, i noticed i missed a little bit. Have to do it once i regain strength in my arm (damn circular motion)

put splitfires and new plugs in, changed oil and filter, replaced oil breather lines from head and tried but failed to put a hard suction line in

picked up 3" mild steel exhaust cat back from an R32 member and fitted it up - drove around for a day before deciding it was too loud and the drone was killing me...

Went to hitech mufflers and after being ripped a new one by lambros I now have a 3" stainless steel dual tip exhaust which sounds much nicer.... still need to replace the mid muffler as its still a bit loud for me...

Anybody else find their aftermarket exhaust is droney around the 2k range??

Yep, I do.

It doesn't matter how many resonators you fit, it wont cut down the drone. You need a large body muffler fitted to remove that frequency.

If you check out the Japanese full systems they have some weird ways of getting around the drone with dead end mufflers etc.

Anybody else find their aftermarket exhaust is droney around the 2k range??

Nope.

Fujitsubo Legalis FTW! :D

Yep, I do.

It doesn't matter how many resonators you fit, it wont cut down the drone. You need a large body muffler fitted to remove that frequency.

If you check out the Japanese full systems they have some weird ways of getting around the drone with dead end mufflers etc.

The Legalis has a "dead nd" resonator which I assume is the reason for the lack of drone.

Brilliant design which has impressed more than one exhaust "professional" lol

Edited by iamhe77

Nope.

Fujitsubo Legalis FTW! :P

The Legalis has a "dead nd" resonator which I assume is the reason for the lack of drone.

Brilliant design which has impressed more than one exhaust "professional" lol

you mean there's two of me!!!! :D

Yep, I do.

Im starting to think I should of just forked out for an off the shelf jap exhaust... Unfortunately its too late for me to turn back now!! Large body muffler? WHich part are you referring to? the mid muffler? Any brand / size you can recommend?

Just recived my BC coilovers and fitted 2 out of the four, ( my friend want to have a look at them before i can fit them all )

just a word of warning, dont pull the original BC box out of the delivery box because sometimes its not taped up which means every thing lands on the floor and your nice shinny coilovers are now scratched

and chipped :thumbsup:

just need to get some wheels and its back on the road :)

ps anyone have a set of instruction for these things? yes mine didnt come with

Im starting to think I should of just forked out for an off the shelf jap exhaust... Unfortunately its too late for me to turn back now!! Large body muffler? WHich part are you referring to? the mid muffler? Any brand / size you can recommend?

Any Jap Jasma labeled exhaust is perfect as it has passed their noise test laws at the factory.

Its just the muffler you need to replace, the larger the body the more it will dampen the drone noise. I havent found any suitable ones in Australia yet, They seem to cater to the Ford and Holden crowd that want a nice rumble. I will probably make my own when the time comes.

Punk72, I have the BC's fitted to my M35 but they didn't come with instructions mate, they didn't even fit, I had to modify them. How was your install?

Just recived my BC coilovers and fitted 2 out of the four, ( my friend want to have a look at them before i can fit them all )

just a word of warning, dont pull the original BC box out of the delivery box because sometimes its not taped up which means every thing lands on the floor and your nice shinny coilovers are now scratched

and chipped :)

just need to get some wheels and its back on the road :D

if you need a hand let me know and i can come round and tell you what i know

i've adjusted a few coilovers b4 but im no pro, if you get everything setup near to how you want it just take it to a good suspension place and get a 4 wheel alingnment done

scotty nm35 yeah they fitted really easy 10 min on each and they are in, I was just cleaning up all the boxes they came in and i found the instruction, they must have fallen out with everything else.

They are set about 60mm to short so i have got a fair bit of adjusting to do.

pipster11 Its going to be a couple of weeks before i get the wheels organised so i should have it all sorted by then. thanks any way, doesnt mean we cant catch up so i can show off the setup :D

cheers

and chipped :)

just need to get some wheels and its back on the road :D

id be very interested to get some impressions from you about these coilovers as im thinking of buying a set for my gtr. they look like to good value for money to not at least try them out