SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally found time to get on here. Work has been a bitch lately and just no time for fun stuff like cars and forums.

Car is sitting in the back yard, where it hasn't moved in at least 2 weeks or so. Battery on charge. When it's got power again I'll put it in and try and get it running on F-con. Hate driving it on the stock ECU now, uses 2-3L/100 more fuel and just doesn't feel as strong.

Now that the boost spiking appears to be fixed and I've got the Scotty actuator in, it should be ready for a retune. See if it can do any more on 17PSI, rather than about 188kW @ 7PSI last time :/

If I can't get the throttle fixed soon myself it'll be going back to the tuners for them to fix it - after all, they said they had F-con experience, should be able to get it working. I have some setup info from elsewhere that might help too. It's tuned on AFM and I really think it needs to be on MAP to work properly the way everything is setup and wired.

Anything else exciting going on in here? Alex has a 180, Spoolin's Stag has a new owner (what did he buy?) and Aaron is getting ready to buy a new Stag?

Craig has his car in bits. He has vowed to beat the Mexican 12.9 1/4 time.

Several have blown up AFMs. They are fast becoming the "RB25 coilpacks" of the NM35. Maybe someone should try a 350z unit, and run it up on dyno to see if the scaling is useable?

Spoolin has had a Golf R for a little while now. NFI about Aaron, saw he was selling the Emo today. Probably will buy something with VTEC to be more flatcapper.

350Z has same connector etc? If you get it cheap of Amaya (or whatever it is) almost be worth taking the punt.

Golf R would be fun. Big fan of the Golf.

Aaron will buy another Stagea. Unless the bastard is getting a new A45 AMG.

How's the 180 going? I have seen no updates in too long.

Connector is different, but it would just be a case of figuring out the wiring and chop/connect. Think its the same amount of Pins. I think Craig might have a VQ35de harness with plug hanging around. Take someone with balls to do it! You'd have to run it up, and see if the scaling of the AFM is similar, and the AFRs are safe. NM35s may well have a higher reading AFM from factory, and it will be incompatible. I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Doing a bit of stuff to the 180...... :)

I'm not sure it's an airflow thing that's killing AFM's; mine pegged it a few weeks ago, and all I did was change lanes and give a little accelerator (barely 40%) and it just rolled to a stop. Mine has never hit airflow cut.

I did get yelled at by a guy in an XF falcon though; so that was fun.

For the $110 delivered that a new one cost, after 120,00km; I think it did ok. The only real issue was having to wait for it to arrive; I should've bought 2 then the next person could've had one sooner.

Several have blown up AFMs. They are fast becoming the "RB25 coilpacks" of the NM35. Maybe someone should try a 350z unit, and run it up on dyno to see if the scaling is useable?

I agree, they seem to max out at around the same power so the sensor may be similar. Even the 35 GTR one may work.

Or you could just piss it off and go MAP sensor... :P

There's a bit of a thread about using the 35 GTR ones in the Forced Induction thread isn't there?

Guys using them on SR's and RB's; although I thought it was less about resolution, and more about availability than anything.

Because of the inability to scale it, it would be a trial and see what works best I think.

You can use anything if you can scale it using tuning software. Unfortunatly, that's not an option for nm35s.

I'm not sure it's an airflow thing that's killing AFM's; mine pegged it a few weeks ago, and all I did was change lanes and give a little accelerator (barely 40%) and it just rolled to a stop.

Mine died starting the car this week. I didnt have the luxury of sitting around waiting to get my car back on the road so I had to pick one up locally. Problem sorted now though... Might go and buy a 2nd one as a stand by at this rate.

• 2 weeks later...