SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

I fitted a Boost gauge to my stag at work tonight. drove home, standard solenoid standard turbo - 10 psi. strange. now i just gotta try and work out why it's running so much boost, either a faulty gauge or it has an rb20det boost solenoid fitted.

I fitted a Boost gauge to my stag at work tonight. drove home, standard solenoid standard turbo - 10 psi. strange. now i just gotta try and work out why it's running so much boost, either a faulty gauge or it has an rb20det boost solenoid fitted.

i grounded out the solenoid via a switch so i can run low or high boost which happens to be about 5-7 for low and 10 for high

i also have an electronic boost gauge and would happily swap it for a normal one

where did you guys take the boost reference from? mine is plugged into the drivers side rear of the intake manifold right next to the brake booster piping. might try putting a t- piece into the boost sensor hose and see if it reads different.

very surprised it didn't fit - every skyline brake bit I've put on mine bolted straight on....I've run gtr front and rear brakes on it now?

what was the problem, did the adapter hit on something? Either way Im sure UAS will refund.

Hi guys with slight mod they do fit . But once on the spacing is 11mm off . Even with a spacer the disc wont fit under the caliper without fouling .

did an oil and filter change today

guld western s6000 sougi - awesome stuff

car runs sooooo smooth

$68 and its the same spec as motul 300v or royal purple (shits all over penrite, nulon, castrol etc)

Hi guys with slight mod they do fit . But once on the spacing is 11mm off . Even with a spacer the disc wont fit under the caliper without fouling .

You are running the skyline disc to suit that kit not the stag one right? They need to be changed as a pair

Spent 8-9 hours at custom exhaust shop standing around and helping out getting new front pipe made, cut and reweld my new exhaust which was bent in 3 places and new/modify intercooler piping to suit new turbo and front facing inlet plenum

You are running the skyline disc to suit that kit not the stag one right? They need to be changed as a pair

I am using a 324mm skyline gtr disc & sumitomo calipers off a skyline . So i think am using right parts but any advice would be appreciated.

Well today I have finally finished the Front Facing Plenum fit out complete with a FMIC. It has been quite a long project

as being 50ks from suppliers is a bit of a drag. Every time you need a bit it is a 100k round trip.

Anyway I am happy with the way it has all turned out. I will have pics of it next week when we do a road test. My boys are off to Eastern Creek tomorrow in the 25G.

Spent an hour last night relocating (slightly) and refitting the handbrake assembly, for my modified manual console surround (grafted the Stagea auto surround and an R34 manual surround together). It all fits and now I just need to improve it cosmetically. Got some leather boots for the stick and handbrake with red stitching coming from ebay, and I'm also fibreglass puttying up the console to sand it back to a smooth finish.

:ermm:

Spent an hour last night relocating (slightly) and refitting the handbrake assembly, for my modified manual console surround (grafted the Stagea auto surround and an R34 manual surround together). It all fits and now I just need to improve it cosmetically. Got some leather boots for the stick and handbrake with red stitching coming from ebay, and I'm also fibreglass puttying up the console to sand it back to a smooth finish.

:down:

Pics please!

Well I thought I would kill a couple of birds with one stone. I needed a new GPS and car kit.....easy answer Garmin 1490T(great unit)....but I also wanted an Greddy Infometer.

It had been mentioned to me that Garmin will be coming out with an OBDII port dongle....http://www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/ecoroute-hd/

Anyway that day arrived yesterday and as I received the much awaited package and unwrapped with excitement then hooked it up. I soon came to the conclusion the ecoroute-hd didn't work. F#$KING M35's!!!!!!

I did decide to test it on some other cars though......much to my joy :down: (not to my mates)....it doesn't work on a V6 commodore either....and I cannot even find the OBDII port on another mates Mitsashitty 380.

Pity this would have been awesome for the price

Plenum in. Started the Stag. Took a few turns to get the fuel up. Ran like a dream up to 2500, then total misfire. WTF.

Checked all connections and found AFM plug not in socket properly. Clicked in and PRESTO. Music to my ears.

Get the wheels on then off for a drive.

Polished up the brembos today and they are in awesome nick! no marks at all :D very happy.

All the braided lines (approved) are here, just waiting on the rear caliper bolts to come through Nissan from Japan.

Clean pic below!

post-4475-1274338547_thumb.jpg

Edited by bbenny