SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Non factory paint on 20 year old cars is not uncommon.

One of my rear guards defineately has more mica in it from a previous repair and one of the front guards at least has also been painted.

Those Harrops would be awesome though!

As for the indicators I was looking a couple of years ago as one of my lenses is slightly cracked (my bad) and I thought I read they were the same as the ADM 300zx. Trying to find pics on the net.

Check out this link they kinda look familiar from a distance.

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310734

Edited by gtr fan

On to the clear indicators, Ive no idea why they were changed nor do I know why one of the previous 2 owners had the brake calipers sprayed gold although it might have been to match some wheels, either way, silly move. Its just another one of the things I will rectify when time (motivation) permits.

what colour are u going to paint the calipers? gloss black always looks nice, although, the factory finish is closely matched to the wheels (deep gun metal grey)

Hi guys , John has the dirty car (chassis no 16141 )and it has had a repair in the front b4 he bought it and is planing a full respray, but they do look very different in person . he has photos of the car from targa that show the Harrops and Simmons wheels so we think its been there

on another note I think I've found some new centre aerials out of the UK

Edited by brad_gtr

Hi guys , John has the dirty car (chassis no 16141 )and it has had a repair in the front b4 he bought it and is planing a full respray, but they do look very different in person . he has photos of the car from targa that show the Harrops and Simmons wheels so we think its been there

Does he know who owned the car whilst in Targa? Or is the a rego number in those photos?

I have a targa book which spans the first 10 or so years and thers a couple of GTR's in there. Might be able to identify which it was??

Brad, is john on the forums? If not he should be! Any chance of getting the targo photos put up? gtr fan might recognise it.

Ill grab one! Was it Aerpro by chance?

Marko, Ill just find a pair of gunmetal calipers at some stage.

Aerial wasn't Aerpro , Autoflex, they said they had 4 in stock, so will see when they get here, 2 will be for sale then

john not on forums yet, hopefully he will send me the photo to show everyone

Hi guys.

I am the owner of the filthy red/maroon car next to the clean one. I can confirm it was dirty.

I have owned it since 2004 and have done about 60.000km since then - ODO has a grand total of 201,000km on it.

The orginal logbook was with the vehicle when I bought it and it said the following:

Delivered directly from Nissan Australia to Fox Transport Pty Ltd.

The service history for the first 60,000km of it's life is blank and only started about 1995 or 96 (typing this from memory) at which point Gary Rogers Nissan began it's regular servicing. My suspicion is Fox's mechanic was doing the servicing inhouse but have not been able to confirm this.

The Harrops are unbelieveable (even after all these years). Have had it around Queensland Raceway a couple of times and no fade whatsoever.

Also has had an engine oil cooler fitted that looks like its been on for years.

It had Simmons on it when I bought it (Harrops too big for the standard wheel) but they were stuffed (cracked)

As far as the Targa goes - a mate showed me the official video of the 1993 Targa and there is a very similar car with Simmons and a painted bumper lip driven by one K Bartlett. A guy from Octogaon (who runs the Targa) seemed to think mine was the car but I've never been able to get any confirmation

Glad to see the old beast has created some interest.

Welcome John,

I take it your car was a former Linsay Fox car?

From what I can see Kevin and Peter Bartlett entered the GTR in Targa 1993 and were assigned Targa number 720. It still has the non painted lip.

Also Jim Richards and Barry Oliver were running another Burgundy GTR (#832), which looks the same (same sponsors etc)but I can't be sure if the shot is in 1993 or 1994 targa.

I think both these cars ran in 1994 as well. I have the dvd so I will see if I can see Kevins car and if it has a painted lip.

Both cars running aftermarket wheels, can't get a clear shot on Kevins car but Jim's wheels are definately simmons.

• Like 1

I found a very bad quality video of the 93 Targa and Barletts car didn't have the painted lip as you said - bad memory on my part as I hadn't watched it since 2006. Jim Richards was driving a Porsche 968 in the video and I think rollcages were required after 93 after some BIG shunts in the 93 Targa (300ZX, Austin Healy, 911)

I have no idea if it has had a re-spray but someone must have painted the front lip and did a dodgey repair of the front left (part of the bumper reo was missing).

i found the original delivery docket and i was pretty close:

Manufactured: 28 June 1991 (Chassis 16141)

1st registered: 12/10/1992 with victorian rego

Owner: Linfox Transport (Aust) P/L

Dealer: Nissan Australia, Burwood Road, Hawthorn

Colour Code: AH3 Burgundy

Given the colour differences with the other photos and the prang (which I intend to get properly repaired) it may very well have had a respray before I bought it in 2004.

Be great if i could see a clear shot of the wheels on Bartlet's car because I think that's the key.

Good to see there are still a good number of ADM GTR's being enjoyed and preserved

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

It's very refreshing to find someone honest in regards to their car and its history.

Over the years I've encountered plenty of people that swear on a stack of bibles that "their" car was different and made that way........... Blah Blah........

These Aussie delivered R32's are very thin on the ground so it's nice to know who owns what etc....

Cheers,

Bob.

Kevin Bartlett also helped design an ECU chip for ADM GTR's. I had one in my original ECU replaced it years ago with power fc as it started to play up.

I think a Guy who owned or worked at Eagle Automotive Asquith NSW had something to do with Bartlett and this chip. I only remember this through someone I knew at the time and that before I owned my car it was maintained there. But I never got in touch with this shop.

Also John I would think your probably was the targa car. With the Harropps, Simmons and oil cooler. Were the simmons painted / colour coded to the car with the lip polished alloy? As I am pretty sure thats what the wheels looked liked.

Edited by gtr fan

We should get a list of known aust gtr's as I'd like to know how many are still in 1 piece...in this thread there are about 5 gtr's right?

The other aust gtr's that I know of is the falken promo car and kier wilsons silver 8sec gtr. What other known examples are out there?