SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Congrats on the purchase! Seems the flipping has occurred twice now with Shannons cars (if you count the one on carsales now from the trio that were sold).

Also your car was originally listed at 85k as OZGTR when first sold so you are still ahead :)

Guys got a question about  the adm plate under the hood, could it be wrong as there is something up with my engine number.

Block number matches the vehicle warranty and owner  identification copy. But on the aussie vin plate the engine number has a 3 instead of a 9. Rest of the numbers match

Edited by Jingpong

12 hours ago, Jingpong said:

Guys got a question about  the adm plate under the hood, could it be wrong as there is something up with my engine number.

Block number matches the vehicle warranty and owner  identification copy. But on the aussie vin plate the engine number has a 3 instead of a 9. Rest of the numbers match

Ok, please be a bit more specific......

My Nissan Tag, block and my engine number in the owner's manual are all the same per attached photos.

What does yours say?

Clipboard01.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

2 hours ago, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

Ok, please be a bit more specific......

My Nissan Tag, block and my engine number in the owner's manual are all the same per attached photos.

What does yours say?

Clipboard01.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

My engine number matches the owner identification copy but not the vin plate. Only one number different 

Screenshot_20181221-092520_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181221-092512_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Jingpong

• 4 months later...

Hi All

I am going to sell #56 as it is not used anymore. Very good condition, just a few stone chips. 140k's. Every thing works, even the cassette deck. Thought you guys might like first go. I'm thinking $120k but if someone waved cash at me (as in $100 notes) I would consider a 10% discount.

Regards

John

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF9048.JPG

DSCF9034.JPG

Hi John,

I was only thinking of you the other day.... This poor old forum is like a ghost town now.

Everybody is now on the R32 GT-R Facebook page.

I'm a bit saddened to see you will be putting her up for sale but certainly understand where you are coming from.

Mine's been unregistered for over 5 years and been in storage since last year. Out of sight, out of mind.

Anyway, good luck with the sale but I suspect your best bet will be Carsales.

Cheers....... Bob.

Hi Bob

Good to hear from you. I think your right about facebook but at 75 years I'm not really into that. No hurry for a sale but would like it to be appreciated by someone. Not getting completely out, still got the r30 which goes far too fast for my reflexes.

Cheers  

John

RIMG0065.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hi Greg

Afraid it may disappoint. It has a couple of 6 cyl motors, two and three liter, several gearboxes, 911 brakes, Toyota steering, bits of R33 front end. Only used for sport so no trim etc. Good fun though.

I'm jealous of your 1600. Was trying to buy one when the 30 came along as a wreck.

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry John, don't get on here much! I'm not fussy about what is under the skin, in fact i love modifying. As long as the mods are executed well and improve the car then I say go for it. My biggest issue with my R32 is that I can't modify it! I think the people who have owned and put their mark on a car through it's life are as much a part of the cars story as the people who put it together at the factory. Most don't agree though looking at values of original, documented vehicles vs the modified versions. 

I bought my 1600 back in 1990 as a body and parts from an engine builder who worked at HRT and then went on to work in F1 with the Arrows team. He had started to prep the car for the track but found HRT took up prety much all of his time. Not sure where he ended up. I rebuilt it back then - it's now about 30%1600 - the rest is 240K, DR30, 180B, 260Z, Hilux, R31 - even Pulsar! Mostly brand faithful, but most of the 1600 bits are gone..

I'm now giving her a refresh, fixing up the awful job I did back in the early 90's! 

But hang on this is all about ADM R32's. Did you sell your Silver car? Market was looking pretty good last time I paid attention.