SAU Community

Garrett Medium Frame Gtx Turbos

SimonR32

11 hours ago, Lithium said:

Good power!  But yeah, solid point @Dose Pipe Sutututu - its what, 100kw at 4000rpm???  That is possibly the least power I've ever seen from an RB30DET at those rpm! :O

it had a rajab intake before, last time when i saw a swap from that to this intake, the power curve changed from concaved with rajab to convex with this one, and from memory

this intake took over at 5500 ish rpm, id have to check

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2017 at 8:04 PM, infomotive said:

Then some E10 vs E58 1.36 AR  ( part run )

GTW 1.36 E10 vs E58 part run.PNG

Hi @infomotive - cheers again for sharing all this :)  Is this car all done now?  Was this 655kw the final figure?

If so, was the GTW3884R a drop in swap for the T04Z - possibly even using the T04Z turbine housing?  I have a friend looking for ~1000hp @ crank (will be tuned on an engine dyno) on E85 with a 25/30 and already has a T04Z, this looks to me like this could be the most cost effective upgrade.  I assume this has pretty big cams too?

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, Lithium said:

Hi @infomotive - cheers again for sharing all this :)  Is this car all done now?  Was this 655kw the final figure?

If so, was the GTW3884R a drop in swap for the T04Z - possibly even using the T04Z turbine housing?  I have a friend looking for ~1000hp @ crank (will be tuned on an engine dyno) on E85 with a 25/30 and already has a T04Z, this looks to me like this could be the most cost effective upgrade.  I assume this has pretty big cams too?

No problem. I did some runs with E78 but found the traction limit unfortunately. Don't think there would be a-lot of peak power left but expect to be able to bold the curve further as still no timing added over pump E10 settings. Normal 3 port controller maxed up top.

Identical turbo bar the compressor wheel. I simply removed the Z core and put W in for true back to back test.

Cams are small but not much of the head really comparable to typical RB.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got any real world data or results on the new GTX3076 gen 2? I've heard anecdotally from friends that they are quite impressive and people are achieving good numbers with surprisingly small turbos, but I've not seen any actual results.

Has anyone got any real world data or results on the new GTX3076 gen 2? I've heard anecdotally from friends that they are quite impressive and people are achieving good numbers with surprisingly small turbos, but I've not seen any actual results.

Got a mate im just waiting on to tune his gtx gen 2 3071 if that helps. should be soon. On a built rb25 neo