SAU Community

Clicking From A Relay In My R32

jonmowa

i've got a 91 r32 gtr and there has been a clicking noise coming from the boot of my car i traced it all the way back to a relay switch which is located right next to the boot latch behind all the trimming. say i'm driving at night time and the clicking from that relay starts every time it clicks all the lights at theback of the car turn off right as the click is heard and then come back off its like as if the click is a switch and goes off for only like 0.5 of a second. does any one have this problem or know what is or how to fix it.

actually it is the fuel pump relay, the other one is the attessa pump relay, anyway anything that causes your electrical system to loose juice is normally traced back to the source i.e battery/alternator

05022010547.jpg

• 2 years later...

I'm experiencing the same problem. I hear a loud clicking noise and it's to the very rear. When I hear the click, the volt meter and lights flicker (if they're on).

I thought I needed a new battery so I had it checked today. The mech told me that the battery and charging system (aka alternator) is fine.

Warm and cold starts are fine but it doesn't like reving higher than 4-5k. Do I need to replace my fuel pump?

I don't think its a faulty relay. I've narrowed it down to:

Fuel pump,

Atessa accumulator

Air in the hicas/4wd

I might just take it to Nissan so they can diagnose it and I can change it myself. Lol.

Sent from my SC-03D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi I have a gts 4 coupe my relay switch has been clicking in boot now my car stalls hard to start is the fuel pump gone 4wd working fine all new pipes done does anybody now

Edited by Tony55123
Wrong