SAU Community

Damaged Red R35 At Auction

repairable write-off

Someone correct me here, but I thought a write off was the situation when the repairs are more expensive than the agreed value of the car?!

I can't see how a new roof and shit, even considering it's a brand new, top of the range car, would cost >140k.

Yeah? No?

Someone correct me here, but I thought a write off was the situation when the repairs are more expensive than the agreed value of the car?!

I can't see how a new roof and shit, even considering it's a brand new, top of the range car, would cost >140k.

Yeah? No?

give me a second and I'll log into the shop :D I have current LOCAL and JAP FAST loaded there and I can acess a price database fairly easiily.

ok:

G3112-JF0MA - roof panel $1500

731D0-JF00A - roof reiniforcement $1000

73910-JF21A - Roof lining $1000.

79700-JF30B - rear Glass kit - unable to price.

thats a starting point. I have about half a page pf things that 'could' be damaged on it.

in reality I can see $10k in parts myself. especially if it got into the SRS and electrical system.

given that the car has curtains and seat bags and that the curtains are bolted from the rear of the car I'd suggest that they are also part of the write off quote.

power to someone buying it and fixing it. it certainly will not be a cheap evercise.

Guys, both quarter panels are gone, they are welded to the chassis, boot is gone, spoiler gone, roof gooooone, windscreen, interior is completely ruined including seats, glass has scratched the thing to pieces - at $60 k the repair would have to come under about $55 k to make it worthwhile. The car has had a very big impact so suspect some chassis damage, I wouldnt race it with that sort of damage, and at $60 k, do the math.......

get the angles right on camera and you could look as nuts as the boys off jackass...taking a chainsaw to the roof

when you're done hacking it off, whack an awesome cage in it (easy access), and then do a full carbon fibre roof.

job done.

edit - previous owner says it's bent like a banana....dream over.

Edited by tk80

looking further at that - rear quarters both sides ( I had these pegged for replacing.) and prettly much all the hardware attached to them.

G8100-JF0MA - REAR FENDER RH - $2600.

G8101-JF0MA - REAR FENDER LH - $2600.