SAU Community

The Official Deca Wrap Up Thread

180Roman

Another Awesome DECA gone by

Thanks to the sponsors, organizers and volunteers for making this day happen.

I had lots of fun, even though I bent a tie rod on the skidpan towards the end of the day

Post all the photos and videos here :ermm:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Deca, Looking forward to seeing the results!

Thanks to Bec, Ryan, Leon, Wayne, Anna, Sandeep, Mick, Joey and all the others that put up with the sun so we could all drive. Champions!

Without you we won't be having deca's!

Another awesome DECA done and dusted, Glad Grant walked away from his accident and is ok.

Currently I am supposed to be studying and writing a Statement of Advice for my course but the hangover is killing me...

Thanks to Bec, Ryan and everyone else for their behind the scenes work to get this up and running. Its definately appreciated!

Leon- I'll see if I take you up on that offer for a ride in the orange mobile next DECA, gotta work up to these things!

See you all again in Feb :ermm:

Anna

Edited by NUTWGN

Top weekend as always...

I was having some boost issues and hence a good 5-7 seconds off the other GTR's :ermm:

And on the way home I've sprung a dirty oil leak so it was a smokey drive home, but overall it was a top weekend.

Thanks to all the volunteers who sat out in the Sun. I've done a Nov DECA in 30-35 degree heat too and i know it's certainly not an easy task, so many thanks!

another great deca and i had a front row seat and got to watch everything from up close. hopefully we can get some more volunteers next time. you can learn a lot by watching all the cars from up close, seeing how the faster drivers do it. plus free food and drinks.

$60.00 in fuel and a 400k round trip for 2 free hot dogs and a couple of bottles of water and a sunburnt red neck and R.S.I from picking up that witches hat 200 times.Thats my deca review and i still had fun helping on the skid pan all day..
another great deca and i had a front row seat and got to watch everything from up close. hopefully we can get some more volunteers next time. you can learn a lot by watching all the cars from up close, seeing how the faster drivers do it. plus free food and drinks.

Thanks again guys, was good to see some people who have driven a few times in the past and either missed out or couldnt enter come anyway and volunteer :)

I know it is said so much but the day doesnt run without volunteers

Ya I had oil issues too, still running winter weight oil. Not a good idea..

And I managed to overheat/overfill powersteering and damn near set my car on fire :).

Still as grant points out.. could be worse.

Can't wait to see my times either, really stoked with all my runs!

cheers, to all the sau crew and all the guys & girls who stood out in the burning hot sun to make it all possible

had a awesome weekend and had heaps of fun on all maps got to ride in some sickkkk cars and meet some kool dudes

buy my last few runs i had to retire cos i could not concentrate any longer in that heat :)

cant wait for the next one!!

Most awesome after-DECA Saturday night I remember, well worth the trip. And somehow I'm not sunburnt! Hangover was killing me on the drive home though, lunch in Yea a good 3 hour sleep when I got back fixed that.