SAU Community

Iracing

zebra

Hey guys I just started after I'd given up on LFS due to too much bitching and people taking it way to seriously.

iRacing seems to be a much better game overall, but some of the driving by the new guys leaves a lot to be desired (got taken out twice by the same guy in one lap last night lol)

So who plays and for how long, what do/don't you like about it?

I personally am not a fan of the Safety rating and after the last race I did last night my SR is nearly back to where I started :whistling:

anyway feel free to add my as a "myracer"

Andrew Greentree

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to do a fair amount of online racing, I have used iRacing a bit a few years ago, made it up into B grade but then PC passed away, then some never really got back onto into it. I will put up some pics of my set up. The SR rating can go south if your are in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that's racing I guess.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi see an old post but thought id give it a shot.

Recently started an I racing account. Loving the game, have been promoted to B licence only after 2 weeks. Love the game, am now running in the skip barber F2000 car series. I also run alot in the MX5 single series events and for a bit of carnage the Oval series hahaha. Man i always get punted ionto the walls in that hahaha best finnish was 3rd, and best in road is 3rd. Still a noob but enjoying the Wheel and everything for my PC just got a basic ferarri wheel with 2 bedals and padel shift.

Feel free to add me

Luke Emerton.

also if anyone wants to add steam account its luke_emmo02

Or xfire oznightmare

Good race before tony, i only really am racing mx5 atm to get my rating up to get next license, ive raced the open wheeler but they are much more difficult :P

Trying to get next licence then ill be doing V8 supercar ;)

• 7 months later...

Anyone still doing this, since last post have won 2 weeks in a row in the official V8 supercar series and have had a stack of top 5 finnishes. My iRating is now up to almost 2000 at 1954. Oran Park this week and then one more week next week.

Bathurst is also being released in 2 weeks time so all you motor heads should come have a look.

1 month subscription to play is 15 but if you bulk buy for 12 months its only 70. Worth it if your a big racer like myself. Loving the game. Starting to also work on my oval license.

If your interested in watching the top V8 simulator drivers the Monday night races are broadcast live starting at 845pm EDST and the main race is on Live at 9:15pm EDST. Great to watch with commentary and all. As i said Oran park this week, some action always guaranteed.

Link here http://v8sonline.com.au/

Hope to see you all out on track.

• 2 weeks later...

Also a fellow sim racer here. Mainly LFS monday night racing league but get on iRacing everynow and then. Bathurst released this morning for iRacing, have it downloaded this morning. Can't wait to get home and turn some laps!!

• 2 months later...

Yep I'm still going at iRacing. Loving the Mount now they have it! Have made it now to A class in road and now trying my hand at oval racing. Don't think I'll ever get sick of this Sim! Bought GT6 a few weeks ago and the novelty wore off quick and went straight back to iRacing. And again if anyone wants to add me on iRacing feel free :)

• 4 months later...

bought Phillip island track last night and the VW tdi for some FWD love :P felt right at home. flat shift sequential is pretty cool too. just a shame diesel means the gear ratios and revs are all over the place.

I can't see Bathurst on the track list, is it released?

bought Phillip island track last night and the VW tdi for some FWD love :P felt right at home. flat shift sequential is pretty cool too. just a shame diesel means the gear ratios and revs are all over the place.

I can't see Bathurst on the track list, is it released?