SAU Community

Iracing

zebra

Hey guys,

Digging up an old thread here..... but are any of you guys still on iRacing?

last year we did a championship, which was moderately successful. http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/452253-2015-sau-vic-iracing-championship/

Tony is busy with other club things, so someone would need to step up to organise.

Personally ive developed a strong dislike for iRacing and how it operates, so I dont plan to renew in a few months. Project Cars is a lot cheaper, enjoyable and huge variety of tracks and cars. While it may not focus on as-hardcore elements as iRacing, i think it makes up for it in hundreds of other ways.

Fair enough.

I've switched over to iRacing because the online element in other games i've played like Forza, Project Cars, F12015 etc

is terrible! becuase the other guys have nothing to lose by taking you out it's a very regular occurence. Yeah you still get

some dicks in iRacing but i have found them to be fewer and far between. Sometimes I go back to the other games and

put the AI on the highest difficulty but it's just not the same. iRacing is quite expensive though.

I have signed up to the SAU league on iRacing. Hopefully it starts up again.

Project cars online is like forza online.... absolute mayhem! lol

I suppose if you set up a group of guys that actually wanna race cleanly but still hard it would be good.

I've seen the V8SCOPS series. looks good. i think i might give it a go next season. The V8 seems

to be pretty hard to drive from i've been told.

I'm currently running in a GT3 series and running a few other of the "official" races just to get some more practice.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah I stopped my iracing subscription, dont feel like paying over and over for things.. then you just get rammed or taken out online anyway causing license to go down.. the v8's seem like they're on ice.. been playing other games that seem more 'fun' hell even forza drift mode is awesome fun, f1 2015 career etc 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I’ve been thinkin bout gettin iracing now that I have a computer to run it on. Let’s revive this thread and I’ll b more motivated. If ur thinkin rn bout project cars rn then let me ask u this. Did u know project cars 3 is out? If no it’s cause it’s complete trash but if yes I have another. Does anyone else in the world really know it’s out? The answer is no. Everyone that knows bout it is hiding this arcade game from everyone else cause they went so backwards in development. Ig u have to go back to iracing. Unless u guys know of something else that’s better? Might also get forza. Also I need wheel suggestions and I don’t want to spend to much on it but I don’t want to go to cheap on it at all. 

Assetto corsa is good as can mod it, jump on Racedepartment and have a look there. Depends if you want to get serious or just a bit of fun. Wheel depends on budget really. I've had g25/27 then went to a fanatec porsche gt2 wheel and basic pedals to now Fanatec v2.5 base, mclaren wheel, v3 pedals & shifter. I found the porsche wheel good bang for buck but upgraded a few years ago when it was on sale. 

• Like 1

I had a lot of issues with my Logitech G27 with Assetto Corsa, but I friend got me onto LUTGenerator to fix the issues. Haven't tried it yet.
Its hard to find a decent racer (with decent UI) that supports VR. Project Cars2 runs like absolute garbage in VR.

• Like 1

I had assetto corsa on PlayStation and that game was so garbage. I hate it so much. I felt like I had no control of the car. 
@robbo_rb180 do u think I should go with the mclaren wheel then? Is there a newer better one? How do I even use the wheel like do I have to get the whole setup with the chassis and the seat and the shifter and pay how much for it? Is $1000 a good budget?