SAU Community

Iracing

zebra

Dev series.

I'm a hack with the wheel, so wouldn't qualify

Ah yeah, my mate just finished 2nd in the series. I won that series 2 seasons ago. Would have liked to have another shot though, coz it's a lot harder outside the Dev haha

• 1 month later...

I will not give iRacing HDD space as it is IMHO Shite compared to other racing simulations available especially when you consider your required to buy most of your content.

The way the cars behave is about as believable a a $3 note as well

Just sayin

What other sims are you comparing this to? I haven't tried Iracing, but from all accounts it is reported as having pretty good physics.

Which cars are you talking about?

In the sims I drive, I prefer the older cars that move around more. Maybe that's just because a sliding car has always felt more natural to me from gravel rallying. I'm currently running a historX series in RFactor. The 1970 Camaro was a lot of fun around flowing tracks (like Amaroo, LAkeside, Warwick Farm etc) although it was easy to overheat the tyres with too much sliding.

The Phase 3 Falcon is also lots of fun around Bathurst. When I get into a modern sports / supercar the grip is too foreign to me, and I find the driving style is unrealistic (IMO) to be competitive. I rarely drive anything with lots of grip (won't even touch an open wheel formula car - *yawn*)

iRacing physics do suck balls compared to the newer gen sims

but its still plenty of fun....Its about the racing..not tyre wear.

This ^^

I actually prefer Assetto corsa physics but they need to get their online play sorted. It's still quite a way off compared to where iracing is.

iRacing physics do suck balls compared to the newer gen sims

but its still plenty of fun....Its about the racing..not tyre wear.

Ah arcade racing then. Glad I didn't waste my money on it.

Bit more to physics than tyre wear.

Ah arcade racing then. Glad I didn't waste my money on it.

Bit more to physics than tyre wear.

Showing it's age shit man iRacing was never IN the race, rFactor with the newer mods is still way better than iRacing, it IS that simple.