SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Starter Motors - Insane Expensive

PetroDola

well i just got off the phone to nissan parts.. sobering very sobering.

apparently the 2002 nm35 stagea vq25det part number for a starter motor is this :- 23300-AL600 -$1400 3 weeks to order none in country

the j32 maxima does not suit.. the guy was looking at the bolt pattern its different again.

there was also a 2002 350z one with the part number 23300-AL900 that was $1495 - none in country and also 3 weeks to get in. (the 02-07 350z have 4 different part numbers and he wasnt sure)

i did mention the vq25dd and he said it was the same part number. so that blows that out of the water.

hmm.. looks like starter motors are more of a bitch than once thought.

also that part that you quoted me iamhe77 the nissan parts guy said it was a bolt :( - unless he was clueless - or didnt take the part number correctly.

looks like second hand or import monster as a backup option for now..if i can find one.

Jetwreck - wanna make some money on your old motor ?

Edited by PetroDola

also that part that you quoted me iamhe77 the nissan parts guy said it was a bolt :P - unless he was clueless.

;)

Son of a.... looking at the picture, I was after the part number for the entire unit, which is pictured in the top corner, but it is not completely bordered in (which I missed)...

Long story short.... my f**k up. Sorry :(

I guess you will be looking at Yahoo Auctions then... or local wreckers

;)

Son of a.... looking at the picture, I was after the part number for the entire unit, which is pictured in the top corner, but it is not completely bordered in (which I missed)...

Long story short.... my f**k up. Sorry :(

I guess you will be looking at Yahoo Auctions then... or local wreckers

All good mate.

looking but doubtfull.. the yahoo search isnt hugely functional.. from import monsters page.

might check ebay also :P

Edited by PetroDola

import monster have several on there. ive seen them. unfortunately you need to go through over 100 pages of stuff. risky because you end up buying other stuff too :down:

anyway, go through ALL the pages, there will be some very cheap starter motors, and some very expensive ones. just put them on your watch list and select the most cost effective ones.

OK Auckland wrecker has M35 Stagea 2.5L starter $195 + 15% GST with warranty - postage would be less than $100 I would guess. Anyone want it? (You would have to pay in advance as I am currently broke until next payday - thursday). If you want I can go there, take a photo, write down any part numbers.

I come up with a cheaper price ;)

i was actually going to call you about that Chris because i had a feeling you might!

btw our date for a new stereo is not forgotten, just thought this other car would be sold by now! - you will howver be getting a random call from me when it is.

Just bid on one for $129 on import monster - hope it works ok - thanks for the link craig - conclusive photo with part number!

(hopes to get this 80k contract next week!)

Edited by PetroDola

OK Auckland wrecker has M35 Stagea 2.5L starter $195 + 15% GST with warranty - postage would be less than $100 I would guess. Anyone want it? (You would have to pay in advance as I am currently broke until next payday - thursday). If you want I can go there, take a photo, write down any part numbers.

in regards to rebuild

was advised by others they are non rebuildable if the copper coil inside them goes. - and had heard on the grape vine people had spent money to get them assessed to find it a dead end.

sorry only just saw this Kiwi! - thats a reasonable price because im paying about the same from import monster including shipping but yours would evidently get here alot faster. owell!

thanks for the reply though.. but good to know..thinking someone should just buy it anyway as theyre rare as hens teeth it seems.

thanks for the leg work and offer also.. appreciate it ;)

Edited by PetroDola

i was actually going to call you about that Chris because i had a feeling you might!

btw our date for a new stereo is not forgotten, just thought this other car would be sold by now! - you will howver be getting a random call from me when it is.

Just bid on one for $129 on import monster - hope it works ok - thanks for the link craig - conclusive photo with part number!

(hopes to get this 80k contract next week!)

let me know when y ou are ready. price I have is a NEW price btw. locally there are a few reco ones. have you tried repco or the like?

that said I do know a few guys that can rebuild them as well. best is new though.

U can get them fully reco'ed, most auto elecs will and can do them. Ive had a few done over the years, its worth it considering if you buy a second hand one you dont really know what your buying. It could shit itself and they dont usually come with any warranty where as if you reco then they normally give you a 12 month warranty with it. I know what id be doing.

Edited by sturb25

U can get them fully reco'ed, most auto elecs will and can do them. Ive had a few done over the years, its worth it considering if you buy a second hand one you dont really know what your buying. It could shit itself and they dont usually come with any warranty where as if you reco then they normally give you a 12 month warranty with it. I know what id be doing.

Really!!!

• 8 years later...
On 10/07/2019 at 5:43 PM, Sprkyy said:

Hi my starter motors stuffed and im having issues sourcing parts, 2nd hand or a new one. Just wondering if one from a 350z would be compatible with the nm35 stagea ?

350z bolts straight in, I have one in mine