SAU Community

Suspended Vic License, Can I Drive In Qld?

MUZT3K

Hey guys like the topic says, my vic license is suspended, does that mean i cant drive only in victoria or all of australia because im going up to qld for a few weeks and might visit a few friends while up there n drive there cars around.

thanks.

so is queenslands database linked up to victorias? because the way i looked at it is, if a cop pulls you up in qld and you show him ur vic license, they cant check if you've lost it or not? only that it hasnt expired..

true..you can...but now i THINK they updated their system and its all linked....i know for a fact it was possible coz one of my mates did that...he even got a nsw licence made up and drove it without any troubles here in vic when he lost his licence for a year...

If the officer feels the Need, they can and will Check to see if your License is current,

its not as simple as looking it up on their in car computers,

they have to Radio into base but then your f**ked

They can check it, i'm pretty sure theres one state thats not linked, its SA OR WA, QLD is definately linked.

To get another licence illegally is get a new name, get a passport & address and you can re-licence.

I recently lost my license and i'm on the border of VIC/NSW (Albury/Wodonga) the copper told me I was right to drive in New South (as work's there) but don't get caught on the way over to work whilst I was in Vic, I think the best bet is double check with Vicroads

err last time i checked you're meant to hand over your license to vicroads when it's suspended. what are you gonna show the officer that pulls you over in qld and asks for your license? your nuts?

same in QLD - they take it off you and keep it especailly if you have it pulled whilst in court.

drive around without one up here and you get one of two things:

locked up for a few days

further loss for two years or more.

been there done that - not nice. though if you still wish to be an idoit and try - by all means bring a big jar of vaseline. you are going to need it.

further point to all of this, if you fcuk up and damage a car orkill someone whilst driving around up here unlicenced the owness is on you to pay for your fcuk up and not the insurance company.

if you do decide to still do it - stay the hell away from me and my kid.

err last time i checked you're meant to hand over your license to vicroads when it's suspended. what are you gonna show the officer that pulls you over in qld and asks for your license? your nuts?

went to court for it..got a letter saying my license was suspended but nothing saying to hand over my license. It did how ever say I was banned from driving in VICTORIA. It did not say anything about other states. But il call vic roads to double check.

i cant imagine that one state suspending you from driving would not be taken into account in all other states, effectively you have NO licence while its suspended you cant drive anywhere without a licence so whats the difference?

went to court for it..got a letter saying my license was suspended but nothing saying to hand over my license. It did how ever say I was banned from driving in VICTORIA. It did not say anything about other states. But il call vic roads to double check.

weird. i've had my license suspended 3 times and have recieved a notice telling me to hand in my license for each time

i wouldnt risk it.

NO.

You can't drive in another state.

You can't get a license in another state.

You can't drive overseas.

The only thing I have ever heard of working is if you go overseas, live there and get a license then bring back the international license and get an Australian one on top of it... although that probably doesn't work either.

Gawd, haven't you ever lost you license before? :P

NO.

You can't drive in another state.

You can't get a license in another state.

You can't drive overseas.

The only thing I have ever heard of working is if you go overseas, live there and get a license then bring back the international license and get an Australian one on top of it... although that probably doesn't work either.

Gawd, haven't you ever lost you license before? :P

haha yer once before..n i got a letter saying to hand over my licence that time :S

here i got the court paper right infront of me about the suspention, il quote it word for word. "If all of your Victorian Licences and Permits were cancelled, disqualified or suspended YOU MUST NOT DRIVE any type of motor vehicle or motor cycle in Victoria during this time, even if you hold an interstate licence or permit."

so from what i gather, its ok to drive in another state?

haha yer once before..n i got a letter saying to hand over my licence that time :S

here i got the court paper right infront of me about the suspention, il quote it word for word. "If all of your Victorian Licences and Permits were cancelled, disqualified or suspended YOU MUST NOT DRIVE any type of motor vehicle or motor cycle in Victoria during this time, even if you hold an interstate licence or permit."

so from what i gather, its ok to drive in another state?

based on everyones comments above id say not, call vicroads to be sure.