SAU Community

Servicing Your V35 - List Of Whats Needed

Well its taken me hours to do this but here for those wanting to self service..

2 more goals i want for this potential sticky is

- DIY link for each thing - I have most, i will put in later

- Who in each city; 1. knows the V35, 350Z, 2. does not rape you on price when you provide the materials...

Alot of us know how to do it, but need a qualified mech to sign off our extended warranty cards..

So yes you can search, but who has hours to read through the whole forum. I had to, here is what i found. Much easier for people when all info is in one place

Fluids: 1 gallon = 4 quarts, 1 quart = .98L

Brake fluid:

Brand: Penrite SIN 600 (super DOT 4), Motul RBF 600* (DOT 5).

Amount: 1 quart, more if you keep getting air in the lines

Replace: Every 2 years if normal driving, if track or hard driving then every year (higher humidity = change no longer than a year)

* DOT 5 means you CANT mix with old fluid, you have to completely flush out old fluid.

Clutch fluid:

Brand: Penrite SIN 600, Motul RBF 600

Amount: 1 quart

Replace: Same as you break fluid

Engine Oil:

Brand: Mobil 1 5W-30, Mobil 1 5W-30 EP*, Mobil 1 5W-30 HM**, Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP***

Amount: 5-6 quarts, get 6 to be safe – you will always be able to use it for next change, top up.

Replace: Mobil 1 is good for up to 15,000miles/24,000kms but i would do it every 6-9000miles/10-15,000kms

*EP = Extended Performance (better protection, longer service interval than standard)

**HM = High Mileage Vehicle (for cars with engine 75,000miles/120,000km or more)

***ESP=Emission System Protection (for Euro cars, 2008+ with strict cats regulation)

Oil filter:

Brand: Nissan OEM or Mobil EP M1-108

Replace: Same time as oil

Power Steering Oil: Dexron III Compatible

Brand: Mobil ATF or Mobil 1 ATF (can't tell difference with Synthetic so non Mobil 1 is fine)

Amount: 1 quart will do 3 flush/top ups. Full system if drained needs 1.5 quarts

Replace: No set time frame but once a year, its cheap and prevention is always better than fixing.

Gearbox Oil: API GL-4

Brand: Redline MT-90 (75W-90) GL-4

Amount: 4 quarts

Replace: If you have owned the car and know you have used good oil then every 30,000miles/48,000kms. Otherwise do it sooner if you dont know the history or you feel problems with transmission.

Diff Oil: SVG GL-5

Brand: Redline Gear Oil (75W-90) GL-5

Amount: 1 quart

Replace: If you have owned the car and know you have used good oil then every 50,000miles/80,000kms. If you use good synthetic oil (Redline, M1) then it can go longer.

Spark Plugs:

Brand: NKG Iridium IX - #4469 LFR5AIX-11

Amount: 6x

Replace: Every 60,000miles/100,000kms or sooner if you inspect them and they are full of carbon, oil in cylinder, 2mm gap etc..

Battery: 400-420 CCA

Brand: Optima deep cycle AGM, any really

Replace: When it dies! Or early signs like struggling to start after car sat with ACC and lights on without motor running for only short period of time

The above is just advice, info i have pulled from everywhere so it's your own risk by not looking into it more in depth.

Cheap places to buy:

Oils: http://gllubricants.com/

Spark plugs: http://stores.ebay.com/autodinamics

Oils & Sparkplugs: http://www.performan...b.com/index.htm (not cheaper than the 2 above but they have both items.

Edited by R6n350GT
  • Like 2

Just thought I would chuck in a few DIY VQ links

Engine oil http://m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63

Spark Plugs http://m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64

Belt Change http://m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88

Have a Diff (piss easy) and a Transmission (easy) thread to put up, but have not yet gotten around to it.

Accessing Fault Codes http://www.m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11&p=44#p44

Error Code List http://m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12

Great, new forum upgrade but still cant edit previous posts...

Single post is just the one post w/wout pics and no other posts

Original thread is all posts plus OP

Video is a video ...

DIY Servicing:

Oil & Oil filter change: Single post

* Video

Power steering: Single post

- Original link

Battery: Single post

- Original link

* Before disconnecting the battery, lower both the driver and passenger windows

Transmission Oil change: Single post

- Original link

* Video

Clutch Oil change: Single post

- Original link

* Video

Diff Oil change: Single post

- Original link

* Video

Brake Bleeding: Single post

* Video

Spark plug change:

Ait Filter replacement:

* Video

Radiator fluid replacement:

* Video

Drive Belt replacement: Single post

* Video

Other DIY

Modifications:

* Video links

Electrical & Audio:

* Video links

Heater & Air Con:

* Video links

Air Bag & Body Exterior/Interior:

* Video links

Suspension, Brakes and Tires:

Video links

OEM Accessories Installation Guides:

Links

Engine Codes:

Links

Service Manual link group via servicing type

Links

Mechanics

Goldcoast

Nerang

Goldcoast Mobil Auto Care 5502 2000 $65 for oil filter and oil change (when materials are provided). This is also to check for other items in 30,000k service but price reflects that all checks do not need to be corrected. I called about 6 places and most were $170+ ... Will use this guy (Brett) and report how things went.

Also, if you can show your thank by clicking on green + and not making a post (unless it has other DIY or good well priced mechanics that would be great).

Can a MOD sticky this? Thanks :)

Edited by R6n350GT
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from another member: newv35owner that i summarized

CVT Oil

Nissan KTF fluid KLE51-00004.

Amt: 8L

Replace: Every 100,000 or some so 80-90,000

Note: Do NOT use Nissan NS-2 fluid which may be suggested. CVT in the V35 is the Extroid which is different from Maxima that uses NS-2.

Price: Via NZ $1,222.31 AUD (8 litres), o-ring and gasket, and the instructions on how to complete the transmission service delivered.

5% duty and 10% gst to Australian Customs when importing into Australia. This brings the total to $1,493.04 to have the fluids, parts and instructions delivered.

Edited by R6n350GT
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question in reagrds to the spark plugs

NGK in NZ recommends a different type of plug compared to what is recommended here.

It may be different with the VQ30DD vs the VQ35DE

Here you recommend the LFR5AIX-11 while the NGK site recommends for the VQ30DD a LFR5AQP

The big difference is the price the one you recommend is $9 each and the one NGK say to use it $50 each

Any advice would be appericated as here in NZ Skylines Downunder don't have much to do with the V35 series

• 2 weeks later...

The fuel filter is intergrated into the fuel pump, inside the tank, I believe it can be replaced but it isn't an easy job, or a safe job for that matter. I don't know any part numbers.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The ryco page is wrong, I have raised it with them before, but they haven't done anything about it.

Look up the 350z if you want the correct oil filter type.

Z445

But the Z547 will also fit and is 20mm longer.