SAU Community

Drag Combat QLD 21/02/2004 Pics

strutto

The green supra did 1 run at 10.6 and the blue 1 10.8.

I saw you a couple of times knore....but didn't know who you were :)

Apart from the fact that there weren't enough entries it was a good day. Not too crowded, every one could get a good look at what was going on....some very nice cars, even nicer girls and a good atmosphere.

From a personal side ...it was disapointing. We finally got 51jay back together at 8.45am Sat morning after a minor disaster on an attempted tuning drive about 1 am. So totally untuned ..but up and running we went anyway. High point of the trip out there was the Gold Coast contingent cruising past us....3 Nice Skylines in line astern...good one guys :) .

Mick did 3 runs around 11am with a best of 15 at 90!!! mph (he's now living in the cupboard under the stairs :) ) so we decided to withdraw and just enjoy the day. Absolutly nothing over 3000rpm at nearly 17psi and a pfc knock level of 3 to 8.

As I thought ...you could do as many runs as you could fit in so for anyone who was game it was good value for money.

I quickly worked out that the answer to the heat was soak your cap at every tap.

It was a little expensive for what you got but i think it is a good concept and with more support and entries from the Jap import community will only get better.

We will be heading for Sydney for the Finale...hopefully with a fully sorted car and yours truly back behind the wheel.....See you there???

PS Ive got 160 pics total 48MB if anyone can help me to get them up here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe yeh i was all over the place, didnt really stay in one spot for long all day because of the sun.

Ill be running in next years DC aslong as its not like it was this year (heat)

Will be planning some willowbank wed/sat nite runs to get some practise and tuning. Will make a thread and try to get a bit of a meet going :)

The green supra did 1 run at 10.6 and the blue 1 10.8.

I saw you a couple of times knore....but didn't know who you were  :)  

Apart from the fact that there weren't enough entries it was a good day. Not too crowded, every one could get a good look at what was going on....some very nice cars, even nicer girls and a good atmosphere.

From a personal side ...it was disapointing.   We finally got 51jay back together at 8.45am Sat morning after a minor disaster on an attempted tuning drive about 1 am. So totally untuned ..but up and running we went anyway.  High point of the trip out there was the Gold Coast contingent cruising past us....3 Nice Skylines in line astern...good one guys  :) .

Mick did 3 runs around 11am with a best of 15 at 90!!! mph (he's now living in the cupboard under the stairs  :) ) so we decided to withdraw and just enjoy the day. Absolutly nothing over 3000rpm at nearly 17psi and a pfc knock level of 3 to 8.

As I thought ...you could do as many runs as you could fit in so for anyone who was game it was good value for money.

I quickly worked out that the answer to the heat was soak your cap at every tap.

It was a little expensive for what you got but i think it is a good concept and with more support and entries from the Jap import community will only get better.

We will be heading for Sydney for the Finale...hopefully with a fully sorted car and yours truly back behind the wheel.....See you there???

PS   Ive got 160 pics total 48MB  if anyone can help me to get them up here

Well i have to say that i and the group of friends i went with to this years drag combat were very dissapointed with the entire event. With a whole 80 or so competing cars in the drag events i think it would have been more entertaining watching the test and tunes on wednesday nights. Sure it was a warm day to say the least but i suppose thats what you get for orgainising an event at Willowbank in the summer, what do they expect? . As for the $30 flat fee admission fee....... very rough! The day was a stinker with a bizmal turn out of people and cars (both racers and show) definately the 1st and last time i GEE myself up for drag combat.

Mind you i do applaude the efforts of the people who didnt ***** out because of the heat and still made the effort to show up......pity there wasn't more of us.

my 2 cents.....

(noice pics also)

Haro ;)

I just found out that the WHite R33. number plates PSI350 won the Autosalon or sumthin anybody confirm this for me.?? And what did u think of this car????

It didnt run at DC im pretty sure, well i didnt see it anyway

Yeh JAY, send them to me too ill host them, and if there already hosted, ide still like them anyway ;)

[email protected]

The day was a stinker with a bizmal turn out of people and cars (both racers and show) definately the 1st and last time i GEE myself up for drag combat.

I enjoyed the day.. few show cars to look at, some nice girls to look at, and most things - just the heat was the killer. The drag racing itself was pretty poxy, but it was 41 ****ing degrees.. who would bother? The point of drag racing is to get a good time and have fun, if you're not getting either of them, you're not going to run. Sitting in that heat, with a helmet and everything else, you'd have to be damn keen. So good props to those that did get out there!

Just bad timing, not much anybody can do about it.

anyhow, just got back b4 from my weekend.. will post my full thoughts and shots soon..

best i could do was a 12.07 at 118mph at 8.30pm and still 33deg.. farkin hot day.....

mucked up the 60ft time with a 1.84... i had been doing 1.7 60fts all day....

bloody close to that 11 sec i am wishing for...he he..

it was a hot day but had a good time ... they should do it a few months later next year. heaps more cars would have run...

Ok, thanx to strutto.. and problems with the SAU gallery :D here are my shots.. large size - but i hate low quality pix.. so you'll either have to bear with, or not look.

Will start with of course what people would probably like to see:

girls01.jpg

girls02.jpg

girls03.jpg

girls04.jpg

girls05.jpg

girls06.jpg

girls07.jpg

girls08.jpg

girls09.jpg

girls10.jpg

ok..well i think i'm in love with at least hmmm....all of them! :D now for some actual car shots....

on a honda:

airbrushed_girl.jpg

nice:

blue_streetmachines_r33.jpg

simple effect, but a nice one:

brushed_white_r33.jpg

carbon fibre all around!

carbon_fibre33.jpg

carbon_fibre33_front.jpg

While it was rough and you don't want to see the inside! it definitely had presence. An ex-Japanese pro drift car that was imported recently:

drift_rx7_001.jpg

drift_rx7_002.jpg

drift_rx7_003.jpg