SAU Community

R34 From NZ

i am trying to bring in an r34 from new zeland however obviously with no compliance plates available at present i assumed it wouldnt be possible and that was the vibe i got from several compliancers i got in touch with, however i got a reply from Direct Imported Auto Brokers in Queensland (anybody know anything about em?) saying if it (the r34) has been owned for more than 12mths i can apply to import the car into Australia as a 'personal import' which would mean very basic compliance and cost under A$1000. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this because I dont want to buy the car if i cant get it complied and if this is correct who do i talk to about applying to bring the car into Australia this way?

thanks guys!

I dont want to buy the car if i cant get it complied

So obviously you have not owned it for more than 12 months in NZ. Thus you cant import it under the PERSONAL IMPORT rule. That only gives you the REVS Low Volume Import rule.

So back to looking for someone who has a compliance ready. You can try ringing 1800 815 272 DOTARS and ask them who has if any, R34 plates. I doubt anyone has them yet.

Good luck.