SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

yeah they will happily make power to 9000rpm on your setup :)

Remember the dyno dymanics stuff always looks more responsive as the extra weight of the rollers adds extra load, we just spent a fair amount of time liaising with another shop and found the normal baseline run we do of 9sec from say 1500-7000 has less low end load applied. So its more equivalent to 12-13 seconds.

Jesus, might happily make power... and break a oil pump, shatter the valvetrain and snap a few rods?!?

I'll try get another run when the guys get back from the xmas break... Would doing a 1500-7800 run over 9sec be similar?!? Obviously with this turbo it wants to rev a little more :)

Jesus, might happily make power... and break a oil pump, shatter the valvetrain and snap a few rods?!?

I'll try get another run when the guys get back from the xmas break... Would doing a 1500-7800 run over 9sec be similar?!? Obviously with this turbo it wants to rev a little more :)

haha i said turbo will be happy... nothing about the engine... dont think id try either :)

1500-7800 @ 9secs (on the lowest power correction mode so it gives me conservative results SAE J1349 (2004)) is what i use to tune (after all the f3 and f2 tuning is finished) then i do a 14sec run as a heavy check @ the end. Customer never gets a 14sec printout as its unrealistic response wise.

This 9sec run gives near on identical peak rwkw to all the new Dyno Dynamics but without the inflated low and mid. The 12-14 sec run will give you the same response as the DD but about 4rwkw more peak.

WOW great results. i have also brought this turbo. Similar bolt on parts spec, just getting a few more parts together. Will be going on a Neo spec Rb25det.

Simon did you have you 6 boost made specialy? i have trial fitted my turbo using a matse 6boost but it fouled on the cam cover.

will be getting tuned on a mainline, i will post results for a comparison, but not till late jan

great work....

WOW great results. i have also brought this turbo. Similar bolt on parts spec, just getting a few more parts together. Will be going on a Neo spec Rb25det.

Simon did you have you 6 boost made specialy? i have trial fitted my turbo using a matse 6boost but it fouled on the cam cover.

will be getting tuned on a mainline, i will post results for a comparison, but not till late jan

great work....

No I didn't have the 6boost made custom and the housing didn't foul when we put it on but when we rotated it to the desired position it did start to hit... So the angle grinder knocked a few mm off the cam cover (I'll try to remember to take some pics for you)

What fuel are you going to use?

haha i said turbo will be happy... nothing about the engine... dont think id try either :)

1500-7800 @ 9secs (on the lowest power correction mode so it gives me conservative results SAE J1349 (2004)) is what i use to tune (after all the f3 and f2 tuning is finished) then i do a 14sec run as a heavy check @ the end. Customer never gets a 14sec printout as its unrealistic response wise.

This 9sec run gives near on identical peak rwkw to all the new Dyno Dynamics but without the inflated low and mid. The 12-14 sec run will give you the same response as the DD but about 4rwkw more peak.

Cool might give it a try for a comparison in the new year, cheers for the info AND the advice on the turbo!

No I didn't have the 6boost made custom and the housing didn't foul when we put it on but when we rotated it to the desired position it did start to hit... So the angle grinder knocked a few mm off the cam cover (I'll try to remember to take some pics for you)

What fuel are you going to use?

OH ok maybe the manifolds vary a little. Or Neo head slightly different at exhaust manifold flange? wont be to hard to sort out tho

will do a tune on 98 and e85.

Went for a fairly big drive tonight...

Loading up 4th on a straight road from 3000rpm will get 1bar at 3500rpm :) It was on a boost setting of 1.45 bar and it was hitting peak a bit before 4000rpm

I'll try take some videos next time I go for a drive.

Went for a fairly big drive tonight...

Loading up 4th on a straight road from 3000rpm will get 1bar at 3500rpm :) It was on a boost setting of 1.45 bar and it was hitting peak a bit before 4000rpm

I'll try take some videos next time I go for a drive.

some great info here!

Keep it coming!

Did some more "testing" on way to work today... Should be reasonably accurate as I have both digital and analogue tachos and boost gauges.

Loading up from 3000rpm in gears;

2nd = 1bar at 4300 (very hard to judge because it start's frying tyres)

3rd = 1bar at 3800

4th = 1bar at 3500

5th = 1bar at 3300

Edited by SimonR32

Just had a look at my turbo and it is actually the TE/TD06SH-25G Not T67 Very similar but Turbine Wheel: 58.8 / 67 mm 12 blade VS Turbine Wheel: 54 / 61 mm 11 blade, compressor is the same. Will be intersting to see the differance.

Anyone got any idea??

Simon hows the boost between gears? does it drop much? or just stays on?

Edited by DR30RSX

im tossing up to get the kando dynamics td06 25g or this t67 25g what would u guys recomend

+1 for vids:)

T67-25g

Just had a look at my turbo and it is actually the TE/TD06SH-25G Not T67 Very similar but Turbine Wheel: 58.8 / 67 mm 12 blade VS Turbine Wheel: 54 / 61 mm 11 blade, compressor is the same. Will be intersting to see the differance.

Anyone got any idea??

Simon hows the boost between gears? does it drop much? or just stays on?

Mine is the 11 blade one which is the same as a Genuine Trust T67.

That turbine wheel size isn't really "similar" it's actually a lot bigger! If I was you I'd sell the one you have and get one like mine.

No boost drop on mine at all even when slowly changing gear to protect the box :)

Td06SH-25G in theory should spool earlier but fall over earlier in the top end due to the larger turbine.

Same front and bigger rear means it will spool slower but make a bit more top end. I think Trent wrote somewhere that the extra lag was not worth the little bit of extra power they make.

Edited by SimonR32

Yeah i was going to write some but i have no first hand experiance only what i have read.

The TD06SH should be laggier dues to the extra inertia of the wheel and the fact that the wheel is less restrictive due to (amongst other things) it's bigger exducer. The filp side to this is that it will make more power due to it being less restrictive.

From what i have read (and Trent would have more to say on this) the SL2 version of the turbine wheel used in the T67 was designed to be used with smaller capacity (i.e. SR20's etc) engines in an effort to make them more responsive but the flip side is that they will make slightly less power.

Edited by D_Stirls

Fair call on the response thing. I figured that the larger wheel and extra blade would help tesponse. But when you mentioned the extra weight and larger. Exuder it clicked that I was thinking ass about. I was taking the extra blade area into consideration only. Does anyone know of a 12 blade l2 turbine wheel size. Would make for an extra responsive 20g setup. But might involve to much f**king around. I might measure my kkk k27 turbine wheel tomorrow and compare......wow that took forever to type on my phone while drinking beer lol