SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

That one I told you about in Japan is still for sale

http://page17.auctio...tion/v228047993

But cant help you out with the requested money tree :cheers:

Damn, and I thought everything was coming together.. I was brewing up a storm after lunch and I thought I\'d have some wicked manure for the money tree.

I'm thinking this 68HTA onto GT28 concept might be exactly what I'm after. My motor is a little knock limited and doesnt like lots of boost, Mark did say that this compressor is aimed at the production type guys with limitations.. Especially the impreza boys who struggle above 17psi. That might suit me a lot.

Im thinking that the GT28 might turn the HTA a little quicker than a TD05H will, and get some more shaft speed where I need it. That will probably see me cap out a little earlier than the compressor is capable of doing but I am honestly not chasing 300kw.. If I could get a flat out 240 at a reasonable PR I would be very happy.. Mark sounds confident and as always Stao is willing to do a smashing price on the mashine work.

Need to sleep on it and bite the bullet by friday at the latest.

Hmm how much for the FF? one of the only 20's not to nose over up top was your getup with the old cam timing, i reckon this manifold was the key.... im looking for a c33 laurel to piece together atm... rb20 with l2 on cane sugar of course.

Looks like I cannot PM you.... Honestly I'm sure we can work out a deal where it costs us both nothing ;)

But it could be a few months whilst I collect parts which I have thrown out / lost / sold etc, get new piping and a GTR BOV. If you aren't in a hurry you're on!

If I was going to do anything to the inlet I would be interested in just modding the std inlet with a wider twin throttle body off an L98 or LT1

3810.jpg

But I dont think I have ever read anyting about the std throttle being a restriction so not sure of there is anything to gain from going to smaller twins to try and sharpen throttle response and flow to the plenum

I stumbled across an RB20 inlet manifold converted to FF item. Something like this should help with your lack of torque mid range yet also shorten piping by a whole heap.

http://www.skylinesa...go-have-a-look/

yeah bad idea, the distribution gets all screwy, too much cylinder triming needed to even out the fuelling.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320823909317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2182wt_1270

found this mild steel top mount manifold. i know the SS manifolds tend to crack and warp from heat and weight. i was wondering if these would be any better as they are mild steel and a cheaper option than a 6 boost

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2182wt_1270

found this mild steel top mount manifold. i know the SS manifolds tend to crack and warp from heat and weight. i was wondering if these would be any better as they are mild steel and a cheaper option than a 6 boost

Read the last few pages and the below link. We have been discussing those exact manifolds.

Ebay steampipe manifold thread

I think the general verdict is they are worth their money.

yeah sorry i hadnt been on here a while and just after i posted it i saw the thread sorry guys ignore it

and yeah i was going to stick to the td06 and stay stock mani for the cost reasons but for the money on one of those manifolds i think id rather go the t67

Being brutally honest I would go one of those manifolds regardless of the option, but thats just me.

Pick the outcome you want, but id say use one of those manifolds for sure.

thought id post the progress of my 10cm sl2 20g. Getting there slowly. mucked around with the water lines today. Just need a fitting for oil feed to block, finish intake and cooler pipeing then i can send it of to get a dump made. Soo exited hopeing for 300+ atw on E85 with killer response.

p1000770x.jpg

p1000769m.jpg

hmm im abit worried about the manifold long term also. Ive had the pipe and gate flange glowing red with the standard turbo afew times, no cracks yet. fingers crossed it lasts longer than the motor will haha

Edited by dori33