SAU Community

Power Fc Scale Tweaking For More Resolution

GTRNUR

Win 7

Doc1.docx

Doc2.docx

These shots are if i go to File > open directly on datalogit home screen and on map watch screen

Its default is to open with a some kind of player called ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre but it doesnt open even though because it says unsupported file type

And if i follow the address to where its saved im only seeing the sample maps that come with the software...not the ones i created with the little lock icon on it

Edited by Don Dada

i dont get the issue? the .dat files are maps that you open with datalogit and you can really only view them in datalogit

if you open them in a text editor, its just numbers - ie useless

the logs are .txt files which you can open in notepad

they are basically .csv files with comma seperate values for each column

the most common way is to open excel, new sheet, import data, from .csv and select the specific .txt file

the data will pop in seperated into columns and away you go

The problem was i couldnt get to copy the file to use on another pc

I figured out what i was doing wrong although it still seems strange to me

When i opened the file i saved from datalogit and select it, i was trying to copy and paste and also drag and drop the file unto my flash and a window comes up telling me the file is no longer located in C> prgramme files> fc edit>maps and to verify the item location and try again .....

Its only when i select the file right click > send to it then copies it to the flash.....I though it should have worked any of the 3 ways :blink:

So its back to tuning.......

What do you guys use to view the following parameters ie. Basic or Advanced >

Aux an1-an2 wide band - I use Avg

Knock - I use Basic > Max

And what to use as the map source?...... Advanced or Map Ref ?

Thanks again guys

Edited by Don Dada

i just use advanced, that way dont need to log map ref aswell as basic.

and for the wideband yer use average, i sometimes set the max value to ~17 to eliminate any fuel cut readings if i'm logging a long drive

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this up to see what you guys think.....

Im particularly interested in the top right hand side of the map...... and do you actually tune the decel row(x)?....The lean afrs on decel in that row screws with the log and makes it hard to tune and i find its hard to hold it on those cells on the road.......i guess thats what dynos are for :whistling:

Anyway this is my target map for a stock turboed 26 usual other mods...... 0psi = 2000rpm , 5psi =2500rpm , 10psi = 3500rpm

The colored cells is a trace in 4th

afr1.xlsx

U should be pressing F1(start log) then WOT full power run then f2(end log) that way u only log the Wot run.

Best way i found is to set up the chart so it views knock and have the afr and a few other gauges in realtime up to the left especially throttle. Then after a logged run or cruising when u are scrollingthrough the chart looking at the logged run u can see exactly what Afr at what throttle position, what knock etc etc.

Without the throttle position u will be going backwards adjusting the top right cells. These dont need to be adjusted under decell. And if ur driving at 5500 with light throttle then i would be changing driving styles

Yeh i'm not concerned with wot tuning....thats piss easy

Thanks for the idea of using the chart to log tho never thought about it...that will show exactly when youre pressing and the corresponding afr as oppesed to map watch that logs decel values and mess up the reading

Only had datalogit for a couple wks now so still figuring out the tricks

Just to confirm do you use advanced or basic knock?.....Its advanced knock that triggers the engine light right?

Thanks

i prefer advanced, mainly because you can log just advanced and have everything you need. if you use basic you hape to log map ref aswell. also apexi designed it for advanced to be used with their software and basic only for the hand controller, so might aswell roll with it....

From the write up on the new celica forum linked from Pauls faq I was of the impression that basic knock reads higher and is used to trigger the engine light so i was using basic until i saw the engine light flicker and searched thru the log to see what cell was the culprit and didnt see any abnormal values....i did however find it in the advanced knock log so i guess the pfc uses advanced to trigger the engine light and well of course show the same value on the hc

Is ther any reason why you guys pick which one you want log?...I have everything ticked just in case i might need it

i only log the parameters i need for whatever i'm tuning (fuel and timing or just timing etc), that way you get more lines per second of log and more accuracy when it comes to pinpointing exactly where the knock readings are coming from in the map.

• 2 years later...

Yes the D-jetro has a bunch more settings on the settings 2 page. Check the screen shot, its plenty different to the l-jetro

Initial results with the re-scale are excellent. The car drives better and has less afr fluctuations at low speeds. Also the transition onto boost is MUCH smoother now that the afr's arent randomly dipping into the 10-11's.

Ive also cranked some ignition into the base map, still keeping the knock down and it has bought the turbo's on another 400rpm sooner. Full boost (0.8 bar) at 4000 rpm with a pair of GTRS's. Thats not bad for a 15 minute road tune. Ive got to do an oil and filter change before I do any more tuning now though.

One more question for Trent.... Do you know the minimum stable injector pulse width for delphi/sard 700cc injectors? It seems my idle afr's get flakey if I drop the pulse width below 1.8ms. It will randomly go lean. Above 1.85ms though its stable, though idle afr's get pretty rich. Closed loop currently turned off of course... turning it on pulls it back ok though.

Ok guys, want to play with the INJ vs Accel TPS1 tab to clean up the transition a bit, but mine for the R33 Gtr is labelled different to the R34 gtr which was posted before.

The R34 has "TPS (V/t)" which I am assuming is tps voltage, where as the R33 just has "Input"....and well both of them has the "setting"

Question is.....Do i adjust the "Input" values or just lock them there and play with the "setting" values alone? And if so in what increments should i try at a time? The max the "setting" tab goes up to is 65535 :huh: but is set to 243 in the base map.......I hate to play with numbers in these tables when they have no units or reference!

I have overlaid the R33 on the R34 version for reference.

post-42272-0-85963900-1389576976_thumb.png