SAU Community

Skid Pan 2004 Pics

meshmesh

yeah wouldnt mind seeing that myself.

Id just like to say a big thanks to Rianto for organising the event, the whole day just went without a glitch :cheers:

Id certainly recommend it to anyone who hasnt done it before.

meshmesh, all I have to say to about your choice in cars is:

;);):D

:wassup: :wassup: :wassup:

The only pics I can find are of the Saturday group which Rianto took & put up on his Yahoo page http://au.geocities.com/sau_skidpan_210204/index.htm but it plays up now & then.

I have snipped some of them & stuck em in my gallery. But would love to see the sunday guys. Interesting to see how Snowman went in the R34, as Kev & I were hitting around 80-90k's an hour to get the gtr sideways, & kev said the R34 had to go even faster.

As for krptr & the R33 boys, you guys did awesome especially toward the end. As for "Corey" in 180sx... Well He's what I'd call a hustler ;) My a$$ you've never done it before ;) even Big Kev was impressed.

Yes I had to hammer to get the thing to move. Kev hated it - called it the kidney bruiser as we had to snap the car so hard to get it sideways. Was hard work. I think in future I will stick to the track! But I heard the E55 was some fun. ;)

Kevin should have some pics from the Sunday group.

Yes I had to hammer to get the thing to move. Kev hated it - called it the kidney bruiser as we had to snap the car so hard to get it sideways.

Found that faning the clutch was the only way to get it to initiate sideways... from there on it was a bull fight with the front traction but really got the hang of it toward the end.... oohh and maybe a couple of times on the way home ;)

But I heard the E55 was some fun. ;)

We tried it with the ESP on & that was useless, we could have gone around the track at 150k's with no slippage..boooring! I found the E55 too hard, to torquey, so I just started throwing donuts, but Kev reminded me & the bro that he would not allow that sort of thing to happen but in our case he would let it go... Maybe cause he didn't want to get out of it, When kev drove, he made it look like swan lake & dance around that pan.

Found that faning the clutch was the only way to get it to initiate sideways... from there on it was a bull fight with the front traction but really got the hang of it toward the end.... oohh and maybe a couple of times on the way home :D

We tried it with the ESP on & that was useless, we could have gone around the track at 150k's with no slippage..boooring! I found the E55 too hard, to torquey, so I just started throwing donuts, but Kev reminded me & the bro that he would not allow that sort of thing to happen but in our case he would let it go... Maybe cause he didn't want to get out of it, When kev drove, he made it look like swan lake & dance around that pan.

how much does a E55 go for these days?

how much does a E55 go for these days?

$350K... I dont think so, that's 996 Twin turbo territory with an X50 motor upgrade. Depending on options, a little more than what your Skyline with the upgrades costs, but gotta admit..krptr's is the nicest I have seen.

These AMG numbers always confuse me.

Whats the pace car they use for the Formula One Grand Prix?? Isent that a high priced AMG like actually in the 350k price range??

for 350k u'll get urself a SL55 which is 5.5ltr supercharged beast nice to ride in, they even come with a twin turbo V12 version SL600, I haven't seen one of those come in yet.The E55 depending on which model would be 90k for the early one and around 150k for the current model one, I haven't been in that one but I have been in the current model CLK55 same engine as the current E55 man they go hard for a luxury car, going around a bend it felt like it wanted to step out but with esp it won't, ahh the joys of working at merc dealership. :D

for 350k u'll get urself a SL55 which is 5.5ltr supercharged beast nice to ride in, they even come with a twin turbo V12 version SL600, I haven't seen one of those come in yet.The E55 depending on which model would be 90k for the early one and around 150k for the current model one, I haven't been in that one but I have been in the current model CLK55 same engine as the current E55 man they go hard for a luxury car, going around a bend it felt like it wanted to step out but with esp it won't, ahh the joys of working at merc dealership. :D

With all due respect SKYLNR, your way way off!

1. The SL55 basic on the road is just under $400K

2. The SL600 is not twin turbo, the SL65 "AMG" is twin turbo

3. E55 150K? I dont think, try $240 on the road drive away no more to pay. You must be confused with the previous model. Our's is a 5.4ltr V8 Supercharged pushing 350kw & 710Nm of torque, with approx 600Nm of it available from 1500rpm. The previous model is the same 5.4 less supercharging, some other fancies about 250Nm of torque & 80Hp.

4. The current CLK55 is a similar motor as the current E55 but doesn't have the supercharger again similar to the older E55.

5. Which merc dealership do you work at???

There are only 2 mercedes AMG models available with this engine, currently they are the E55 & the SL55. Unless you have driven a benz with this motor, I cannot begin to tell how damn fast this is. There's is close to nothing that can move so fast at any speed, any gear, any moment. Also you need to remember these thing way close to 2tonne do a 0-100 in 4.5~ & a qtr mile in a low 12, carries five people comfortably & I can let the misses drive it, & be confident, she will blow just about eveything that even contemplates trying to run her.