SAU Community

HKS 3037 tuning results

Steve

here is a copy of the current dyno with the previous (before exhaust and pipe from cooler to plenum were changed)

a very worthwhile gain considering cost was minimal. If only all power upgrades were as cheap:)

sorry the dyno is so messy, I wrote the previous dyno in by pencil

Exhaust-comparison.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

I'm still running a RB20DET box, Its staying in there until it dies. Which shouldn't be too long as its been whining (input shaft bearing) for the last 2 years. Only thing that has saved it is a softish clutch.

But yer the RB25DET G/box handles from what I have seen up to 350rwkw no problems.

Steve

what intake pipes did u change from the previous dyno?

Also how do u find the fc boost controller handles the ext gate? its using the same solenoid as the avc-r right?

Steve,

good to hear the good results after all the R&D you've done. good effort.

can i ask how much you paid for your A/R .87 HKS turbine housing?

Also, do u still have your A/R .61 housing? If so, care to sell it?

(PM me if required)

The pipe from the plenum to cooler was upgraded 2.5" to 3", boost control seems fine, and yes solenoid is the same as AVCR AFAIK

Anybody who hasnt guessed yet, whatsisnames dyno is the blue line that is overlayed on my pre/post exhaust comparison dyno. Very fat there Matt, it will be interesting to see how the cars go side by side on the dyno day, as during your run (on my dyno), it was alot hotter than when I ran mine:)

RS500, cheers, the housing cost around $500, from the US, cheaper than from Japan and I have sold the 0.61 already sorry.

What sort of power is OBEHAVE making?

That thing really smokes up when it hits second (Auto). Sounds awesome.

OBEHAVE's 10.9 128mph 1/4 run mpg over here - http://www.fullboost.com.au/vidzz/fullBOOS...3_12_obehve.avi

Watch it leave the black lines on the strip as it starts to pull hard and drift to the right.

Luv that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise from the tyres, brings back memorys of my first car the burn out machine TE 250 Cortina. :D

wreckhead, how did you adjust your wastegate.

I am sure that the power fluctuating is the wastegate. I had just changed to a spring 3lbs heavier, and had to adjust my duty cycle to stop it spiking. The power fc boost control takes a few goes to 'learn' its boost control accurately. I have found in the past that they will spike a bit at first, but settle down after a few runs.

Steve

do you experience any idel problems when reving to like 6000rpm and then getting on the brakes straight away and coming to a stop?? U are still running z32 afm aint u?