SAU Community

HKS 3037 tuning results

Steve

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JasonO, apart from the manifold itself, I also had to have the aircon oulet modded so it didnt interfere with the manifold, and the power steer res moved so the turbo fitted

Pretty sure you dont have these probs with the HKS kit manifold. Mine is tuned lenght, but I think it would be better to go 3-2-1 as the japs do, that is, if you were making your own.

Good news guys, I placed my order for the HKS GT3037 Special Turbine Kit yesterday morning :uh-huh:

Steve,

Looks sweet, thanks for the photos, you know they've saved you from having to answer a gazillion questions from me :rofl::(

B-Man,

Gotta love that shiny look, which exhaust manifold have you used ?

Hey Steve, just wondering what you're using the small catchcan to the left of your radiator for. I know the one at the rear is oil, but the front one?

I'm going to have a upgrade next week and will end up with a spare. Would be good if i could put it to use.

INASNT,

that's the breather hose from the catch-can to re-circulate the ventilated gases.

legally and environmentally, that's the proper way to do it rather than veinting it out to the atmosphere.

JasonO, good luck, I am sure you will be happy with it.

Steg33, that is actually the radiator overflow. With the trust plenum you have to remove the stock washer bottle, so I converted the stock radiator overflow to a washer bottle, then fitted the overflow can. Sligthly different to a catch can, as it feeds from the bottom and has a vent at the top.

Hi Steve, when you changed from the standard RB25 inlet system you lost the cooling system bleed valve on the top in the plenum. Is there some other way that you get the trapped air out of the engine now?

i have no idea, perhaps one of the many others running trust plenums could enlighten you? (B-Man, what did you do with the cooling system bleed valve?)

what is a cooling system bleed valve?

how often do you need to bleed air out of the cooling system?

how does it get trapped in the engine?

why doesnt coolant displace it?

does the engine get vapour locks?

how long does it take before this becomes a problem?

how do GTRs get around this?

do they have a cooling system bleed valve?

why doesnt the cooling system get bled when the car is serviced if it is an issue?

cheers

Guest INASNT
INASNT,

that's the breather hose from the catch-can to re-circulate the ventilated gases.

legally and environmentally, that's the proper way to do it rather than veinting it out to the atmosphere.

I did that temp on mine awhile back but when u pull the hose off the intake u get oily residue all over the intake.

• 7 months later...