SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Successfully fitted the Greddy Floating Valve BOV which completely eliminates compressor surge and engine shudder.

Also the ECU no longer hesitates and dumps fuel.

Had a bit of trouble fitting the adapter flange as Nissan put the BOV mount right in the internal corner of the intake and it hits the raised collar where the rubber joiner abuts to.

Both the straight and perpendicular adapters have the same problem so just cut out some to clear it.

Perpendicular adapter will not work with the VQ25DET- puts the vent in wrong position.

Well worth the experiment.

post-25026-0-78434400-1452235973_thumb.jpg

Hmm that one will face the recirc vent at 45 degress up or down off horizontal - not ideal

Also the orifice looks small..

Remember the Greddy FV is a 40mm valve- almost twice the diameter of the Turbosmart Kompact which is 22mm.

So you need an adapter with a 40mm orifice to make the most out of it.

My understanding now for shudder with the VQ25DET is most aftermarket BOVs will not release enough air to deal with the slow closing electronic throttle.

Different story if you have cable..

So a bigger valve orifice and more tunable BOV solves the problem.

Fit Apexi GT reserve tank tonight with mot ul MoCool. just like Greddy radiator breath tank, but Apexi one could store more coolant (could store over 600ml radiator)

post-137368-14525168159674_thumb.jpg

post-137368-14525168397154_thumb.jpg

post-137368-14525168579728_thumb.jpg

post-137368-14525169395032_thumb.jpg

post-137368-14525169578867_thumb.jpg

Edited by YangLIU

It would be ideal if you could bleed coolant up from the rear bleed point into this header tank; then bleeding the system would be essentially automatic.

Even better would be another line leading away from the low point of the tank, to the bottom radiator hose and use it as a fully fledged swirl pot system.

It would be ideal if you could bleed coolant up from the rear bleed point into this header tank; then bleeding the system would be essentially automatic.

Even better would be another line leading away from the low point of the tank, to the bottom radiator hose and use it as a fully fledged swirl pot system.

correct! that's what Greddy radiator breath tank do.

but for mine, the Apexi one, the bottom return line is connecting with heater hose outlet (it should be same as bottom of radiator hose). there is only one line on top which is to stock radiator top with zero pressure radiator cap.

next stage is using T piece replace stock air bleed port on heater hose inlet (i ordered some tools but they are on the way). then make a line from stock air bleed port with radiator top line together. that would make air bleeding be automatic.

post-137368-0-64995400-1452596091_thumb.jpg

Edited by YangLIU

So i finally decided to fit the rear leather seats and tan interior. I found that included in what i bought was a ARX option for rear middle seat seatbelt (photos attached). So after a full day all is finally installed but the passenger side seatbelt that was missing. I will need to keep the dark grey until i source another.

post-77821-14526703331388_thumb.jpg

post-77821-14526703416856_thumb.jpg

post-77821-14526703730443_thumb.jpg

post-77821-14526703851264_thumb.jpg

post-77821-14526703925953_thumb.jpg

post-77821-14526704033896_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Decided to drive to work Monday...

This is how i got home :P

lost hydraulic's in the clutch near work so i wasn't game to try and limp it home. No loss of fluid and the pedal would still return to the normal position... it was just the pressure point that went basically to the floor.

Have since had it checked by my mechanic who couldnt for the life of him replicate the issue. When i drove it the next day it was back to normal... My mechanic still gave everything the once over and adjusted a few things and so far zero issues.

Made me scratch my head tho...

post-104324-0-69127800-1452677180_thumb.jpg

Got a Innovate o2 sensor and looking at installing it onto my M35 and replacing the standard sensor with the simulated narrowband signal.

I've been under the car and the o2 sensor seems to be in an awkward spot. Is there a trick to remove them or do i need to take the dump pipe off

Got a Innovate o2 sensor and looking at installing it onto my M35 and replacing the standard sensor with the simulated narrowband signal.

I've been under the car and the o2 sensor seems to be in an awkward spot. Is there a trick to remove them or do i need to take the dump pipe off

Brick managed to get a socket and extension on his whilst in situ; maybe pick his brains about this.

Here's how I got mine out: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/459839-m35-dump-pipe-diy-install/

You can see the bung in the front pipe between the front flange and the flex which I will be using for my Innovate SCG-1.

Wont be long until someone comments on the orientation of the tranny cooler.....been there

Yeah, I see you had yours like mine but moved it sideways and into the guard. I thought airflow would be more important. Lots of conflicting views on orientation on the intergoogles. There was plenty of pressure when I last pumped out the old fluid so not too concerned about an airlock. You've got me worried I'm going to blow up my tranny now! :unsure: