SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Thanks everyone

I went to the salvage yard yesterday and they have moved the car outside in the rain which with broken windows and the sunroofs slightly cracked means the inside is getting rained in, not very pleased with that. The guy there said that the insurance have not yet been out to assess it because of the long weekend and wont be here until next Wednesday.

Thanks everyone

I went to the salvage yard yesterday and they have moved the car outside in the rain which with broken windows and the sunroofs slightly cracked means the inside is getting rained in, not very pleased with that. The guy there said that the insurance have not yet been out to assess it because of the long weekend and wont be here until next Wednesday.

Who are you insured with?

When JCI wrote off my M35 I went to the panel shop and collected a few items...next thing I know I had the Salvage yard thugs harassing me for the bits that I took (which was rightfully mine...as they were never declared in the policy).

The dickhead had to galls to threaten me for running E85...says he's going go get Vicroads to investigate me. I said good luck and hung up on the f**ker...

lol, pity for him E85 is significantly better for emissions, kinda like saying you will be reported for running around using the starter motor instead of fuel

Edited by BoostdR

Who are you insured with?

When JCI wrote off my M35 I went to the panel shop and collected a few items...next thing I know I had the Salvage yard thugs harassing me for the bits that I took (which was rightfully mine...as they were never declared in the policy).

The dickhead had to galls to threaten me for running E85...says he's going go get Vicroads to investigate me. I said good luck and hung up on the f**ker...

Yea im with Just Car. Thats terrible what the guys did, they probably saw an opportunity to make money and tried to stop you from taking the parts. I have things listed on my policy so i cannot take them but they guys at the salvage yard actually asked if i wanted anything from it and that i can come around any time to take them off. At least thats one good thing about living rural, everyone is looking out for everyone.

One thing that was mentioned to me when i was on the phone with Just Car today was if they class it as a Statutory write off i would not be aloud to buy it back, only when its a repairable write off i will be aloud to buy it back. Nowhere in my policy dose it specify if its a Statutory write off they wont sell it back to me

Yea im with Just Car. Thats terrible what the guys did, they probably saw an opportunity to make money and tried to stop you from taking the parts. I have things listed on my policy so i cannot take them but they guys at the salvage yard actually asked if i wanted anything from it and that i can come around any time to take them off. At least thats one good thing about living rural, everyone is looking out for everyone.

One thing that was mentioned to me when i was on the phone with Just Car today was if they class it as a Statutory write off i would not be aloud to buy it back, only when its a repairable write off i will be aloud to buy it back. Nowhere in my policy dose it specify if its a Statutory write off they wont sell it back to me

My understanding that statutory write offs were typically for things like bent chassis or significant hail damage. I'd have thought yours, which looks to be all panel and glass damage (plus some minor water damage now) would be a RWO. In any event, if they do classify it as a Statutory Write Off I cant see any harm in applying to buy it back - they get to set the price for the wreck, so I don't know why they'd be wanting to rule it out as an option.

• Like 1

You can always buy it at auction. I had the opportunity of buying my NM35 back for $6k after it was written off. A little while later it went through Pickles and sold for $1600.

Can't see why you couldn't do the same although it may be more trouble than it is worth at this point.

• Like 1

You can always buy it at auction. I had the opportunity of buying my NM35 back for $6k after it was written off. A little while later it went through Pickles and sold for $1600.

Can't see why you couldn't do the same although it may be more trouble than it is worth at this point.

Scott bought my car at the auctions after it was written off...the Salvage yard took everything they could off the car...

Edited by ironpaw

Once JCI told me the car was written off I went to the shops and grabbed what I can. Even if you listed your mod you should be able to grab most of the small stuff...

Maybe the Salvage Yard was pissed at me since i took the EMU so they can't even start the car :P

• Like 1

My experience with Shannons with a written off car was that (in NSW) cars do not go on the WOVR if they are over 10 years old. This was directly from the assessor.

The industry gives no farks for what they deem as "old cars", and it would essentially eliminate things like classic cars from being re-registered if they were damaged and repaired; regardless of the quality of repair.

Yours will be a "financial" write off, and if you are sure of the terms & conditions of your PDS; enforce your right to retention of salvage, and if they look like going against it, inform them that you will contact the Insurance Industry Ombudsman. Follow through on any threat.

Your insurance policy is a legally binding document; ALL PARTIES CONCERNED must abide by ALL of the conditions, not just the ones that benefit them.

My last piece of advice to you is to remove the plates from the car and keep them.

The registration is NOT a part of the vehicle; you paid it; it is what allows YOU to drive YOU car legally on the road. It belongs to YOU.

If the car is written off; whoever possesses the plates, is the one that can claim the refund of the unused portion of CTP and Registration.

If you have the plates, you can claim the refund, if they have the plates; they will take YOUR money.

It isn't a lot of money, but it's the principle.

• Like 1

The parts listed are the blow off valve (GFB Deceptor pro 2), boost controller (gready profec 2), suspension mods (TEIN coilovers), custom exhaust (Fujitsubo Legalis r) all up probably cost me $4,000, they are the main things I want and is why I covered them in the policy. I will go back to the salvage yard tomorrow and take my plates and chat to them.

In regards to Statutory write off the panel shop who is processing the quote for the insurance (who was happy to talk to me and answer any questions I had) he said they will only class it as a Stat write off if there are 3 major defects. He said there is roof damage and the motor isn't starting (wiring issue, probably from them hotwiring it) then there is a third which he cannot see now but the assessor might find somthing. Untill the assessor sees the vehicle there isn't much I can do except stipulate what might happen.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your car Lui. To much scum out there mate.

Last night in installed a new alloy 400mm X 738mm X 42mm radiator as My plastic ones top tank burst on Saturday. Took a bit of trimming to get it in but wasn't much. Now just need to keep an eye on the temp gauge hoping I bleed it well enough in the dark last night. post-114824-14540241781665_thumb.jpgpost-114824-14540243233481_thumb.jpgpost-114824-14540243433033_thumb.jpgpost-114824-145402436729_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your car Lui. To much scum out there mate.

Last night in installed a new alloy 400mm X 738mm X 42mm radiator as My plastic ones top tank burst on Saturday. Took a bit of trimming to get it in but wasn't much. Now just need to keep an eye on the temp gauge hoping I bleed it well enough in the dark last night.]

Looks good, what brand did you go with? Does it still retain the trains cooler section in the bottom? Also what needed trimming?

It's glopher brand I've never heard of it but the price was right [emoji6]. Yep still has the Trans cooler and the bottom can with nipples to attach it you can run screw on braided an fittings with it. All that needed trimming was some of the fibreglass around the mounting area in the top left and right corners and lower right corner and the right side of the fan shroud.

• Like 1