SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

so last weekend I installed a new radiator that Scotty got in for me.

Oem sizing except the core is at least twice as thick I'd say. Didn't require are cutting and went in super easy.

Also got a new oem thermostat, old one was believed to be faulty.

Also did the coolant bypass mod.

I wish I had of done that as soon as I got the car!

Took no time to bleed and the car sits a fair bit cooler.

Now I've definitely got some confidence to make is go a bit better!

Edited by Bmx537
  • Like 3

so last weekend I installed a new radiator that Scotty got in for me.

Oem sizing except the core is at least twice as thick I'd say. Didn't require are cutting and went in super easy.

Also got a new oem thermostat, old one was believed to be faulty.

Also did the coolant bypass mod.

I wish I had of done that as soon as I got the car!

Took no time to bleed and the car sits a fair bit cooler.

Now I've definitely got some confidence to make is go a bit better!

Sounds good, what radiator did you go with? Any pics or links?

I think I'll have to do coolant bypass mod soon, will read up on the process first, pretty sure there's DIY on here somewhere....

Did an oil and filter change and fitted NGK Iridium LFR7AIX plugs.

Played around with the MCA blue heights and damper settings (to get 100mm clearance from exhaust and front crossmember).

Also drilled 30mm access holes to adjust damper settings from the top.

post-135423-0-64523000-1454325796_thumb.jpg

Started modding the cargo barrier by cutting out the lower section.

post-135423-0-56128100-1454326017_thumb.jpg

And just a random pic of a nice clean Crown wagon I saw at a swap meet a couple of weeks ago.

post-135423-0-56010900-1454326124_thumb.jpg

So mca didnt have the bamper setting adjuster uner the shock knowing its a sealed top?.

Bit silly imo too.

Seriously, the only reason the BC's aren't 'as good' is that the rear spring is too short by an inch to sit at stock height in the kit they send. The springs are only worth $50, for BC's or MCA.

I love the MCA's in the evo, but until Josh explains to me why he designed them to be coilovers and how he strengthened the chassis to take the weight I can't recommend them. Nissan ran them separated like that for a reason...

Yeah, and the shock mount isn't designed to take the entire weight of the car; just the shock.

I'm not convinced at all.

Besides; changing the design isn't a quantum leap forward in handling or anything; it's just focuses a lot of unnecessary stress on a tiny area of the chassis.

Bit silly imo too.

Seriously, the only reason the BC's aren't 'as good' is that the rear spring is too short by an inch to sit at stock height in the kit they send. The springs are only worth $50, for BC's or MCA.

I love the MCA's in the evo, but until Josh explains to me why he designed them to be coilovers and how he strengthened the chassis to take the weight I can't recommend them. Nissan ran them separated like that for a reason...

Nothing is strengthened. I thought BC were a coilover rear too? The only thing I didn't like about my MCAs is that I've maxed out the spring adjustment and it was still very low so now I've had to use the lower mount to increase height. I was concerned about using a coilover instead of having them separate but I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

Tear a hole, or punch a hole straight though the car to allow for internal adjustment, when the shock mount collapses...

These cars are wagons, hence the wagon rear suspension, and many of them are used and loaded like wagons.. Is it really worth the risk? Would they also technically need an engineers cert given that the type of suspension is being changed to non OEM?