SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Looks like it didnt seal correctly. .... some gasket goo will help this.

Today i installed front swaybar (hardest setting), daleo front brace & ox rear brace i picked up for a steal. (Yes i know ive done this twice before). I also installed 1 part of the dolphin intercooler piping as ill need to modify the oem turbo intercooler piping where it bolts to the turbo for the 2nd bit to attach. post-77821-14565528584997_thumb.jpgpost-77821-14565528763051_thumb.jpgpost-77821-14565528950884_thumb.jpgpost-77821-14565529034387_thumb.jpgpost-77821-14565529558829_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Did an oil change (only 6,500km late...) and had a quick look around for issues. I think I've identified the source of an annoying tinny rattling noise that's been going on for the past couple of years - the outer skin of the Y-pipe has corroded. My wife asked what the means and I gave her a big grin and said "new exhaust time!" I don't think she was amused, she'd rather just keep complaining it sounds too girly compared to our Commodore (which is a Mootec with a foghorn-spec pipe on it).

Also noticed the sway bar bushes look very dry and cracked, could this be the source of creaking under brakes/cornering sometimes? I ask because Scotty's mentioned it's likely to be the compression rod bushes and they're not where I'm expecting them to be and I'm too embarrassed to ask where they are. :blush2:

Furthermore, the tyres are getting low on tread so we're now at the "upsize or make do" crossroads. Has anyone run 235/50 R17s on stock M35 rims? Theoretically they'll fit on the rim and are close enough in rolling radius but they'll probably look quite bulgy.

I'd love to splash out a few thousand on a set of 18s but we're in the middle of renovations and preparing to sell a couple of houses so money's not exactly flowing right now. :(

Ok cool, thanks. I've only done rod bushes (and every other front end one) on the Commodore previously and they run forward of the hub, I thought I was going nuts. Do they take much to press them out? I don't have a hydraulic press and had to get an engineer to do get out the Commie's LCA bushes.

I should also report that happily the outside temperature reading has started working again all by itself. Great success!

I'd love to splash out a few thousand on a set of 18s but we're in the middle of renovations and preparing to sell a couple of houses so money's not exactly flowing right now. :(

I got a set of 18s off a Skyline GT sport or something like that for about $600 with good tyres...e.g.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-1042008275.htm

• Like 1

I got a set of 18s off a Skyline GT sport or something like that for about $600 with good tyres...e.g.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-1042008275.htm

Or get some 350Z rims and make some space for those big brakes Matt.

They look awesome on the Stag, perfect offset, hundreds for sale too.

Servicing the other half car yesterday , I got a good look at my wheels, different vantage point.

The clear coat has seen better days on the spokes.

DpWI0Vm.jpg

h7mYWWg.jpg

So with a few hrs of daylight left I got into them with sand paper and metal polish.

Getting there

kFlFriQ.jpg

Not a perfect job but a damn sight better

qdUXmBY.jpg

wQ2HIMU.jpg

Got two done before it was too dark , this morning the other two.

Not a fan of blingy blingy but its better than peeling clear, and will tide me over till I find something that will fill out the guards better.

• Like 5