SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it a mate so I can start breeding them. Another PNM35 but this one's an '05 stripper model, no extras at all.

Has some Work Euroline fakes and some red springs that make it ride pretty hard, I'd like to think they're Nismo but they're probably just Cobras, I haven't had a close look yet. Dash also has a crack in it but I don't care, it was cheap and otherwise in good condition. 

Obligatory faux-arty shot of all 3 cars. Yes my grass is lush, thanks for noticing. 

20170402_084545.thumb.jpg.3678042e0edb616f1ce8af16e985ddf1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting R34GTT front calipers, RDA slotted dimpled rotors and Project Mu pads all round, HEL braided ss brake lines (pink ones), and 18 x 9.5" DTM Z7 wheels in a delicious dark bronze colour reminiscent of caramelized toffee.

Now, when I hit the brakes, lost and forgotten Mars Bars slide out from under the seats. Treats appear from nowhere! It's like magic!!

Pig heaven in here.

\
sent from mobile

Edited by Darkmeat
Poor typing. Fingers too pig for phone keyboard.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What a day.

Front bearings are on the way out (esp drivers side) so after checking , double checking, cross-referencing I settled on HA590125 Timken bearings and hubs (took three weeks to get here). Went for the set so i don't have to muck about with getting hubs pressed out. Also got a set of RDA slotted rotors and pads. 

The bad: 

After 45 minutes I got the drivers side bearing out and lo and behold the Timken set does not fit the bore is 6mm too big. lots of swearing.

The good:

RDA rotors and pads have made a hell of a difference, I've only put about 20km on em after bedding in but wow didnt think it was gonna be this much difference. 

Now to play the return the bearings to the US and order another set game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a muffler for the stagea after 2 months of not having any rear muffler lol, got this for $100  on trademe, I hawk trademe everyday and this was probably on it for a couple of hours with quite a bit of interest... the hangers looked off from the photos so I asked questions and kinda came to the self guess that it was probably from an S2 stag or a turbo stag, probably without a tow bar due to the hanger placement. Even with being slightly skeptical that it wouldn't fit I bought it, if I couldn't use it, nobody could use it!! lol. I knew the bend was correct and I could always get the hangers fixed, and for $100 what could go wrong!

IMG_0584.thumb.JPG.2c15725c7446ee59cc1f9782907de122.JPGIMG_0583.thumb.JPG.997228f6cb69b116096a226706c2827c.JPG
IMG_0585.thumb.JPG.314b3f05ab483606029fe0d604cddbef.JPG

Okay so it kinda fits weird with the hangers, because I could only attach one due to the tow bar

IMG_0587.thumb.JPG.6fc590eda72a7e80d05f0cb7723dd224.JPGIMG_0588.thumb.JPG.62b05738863977f3d6b0b2a75fd15255.JPG

I just kinda used some force and used the unused hanger as a point to hold it into a better place so it didn't look as shit

IMG_0593.thumb.JPG.46378f686ddd07af39c6af14d8ceb32c.JPGIMG_0590.thumb.JPG.8f2e5ca52f777e808887ddce829de24f.JPG

IMG_0594.thumb.JPG.1d99b61bb4af1dd8fc8a7580cce8ceeb.JPG

So it kinda sits too low and too far out for my liking but its fine for now :D

30 minutes ago, Trex said:

Take the mount off the chassis and bend those tabs too haha.

The mount thats got the rubber hanger thing holding the exhaust up? and what tabs haha

So its been a while but I've done Project Mu 400 pads & disc machine all round, replaced a king pin & bearing Passenger side, fitted a set of BC Racing BR coil-overs & set the ride hieght.

Had an Extreme Carbon button clutch fitted while in there had the passenger front axle seal in the front diff replaced & the drivers side uni joint boot split so had a new one made up.

put a set Split-fire coils in, put a 2 row 40 LED light bar behind the grill & 2 LED flood lights under the fuel tank straps for reversing plus a new set of tyres & complete service. OK what to do next month... Oh and put some whisper roof rack on the cross bars. and and found an original 260RS instrument cluster in Canada of all places & fitted it to replace the white GT one the the Japanese owner had fitted because he wanted white gauges, but the tacho, was red at 7,000 rpm instead of 8,000 plus it stopped at 9,000 instead of 10,000 & had the auto section blacked out so looks way better with the original back in, while I had it out I fitted LED globes to the entire dash, centre console & interior.

Edited by TMLP
Forgot something else
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got a damaged grille from a parts car, decided it would be easier to glue it back together, rather than try to sand off the peeling spray paint from the RS mesh style grille. It came out pretty good, the satin black still shows the shape of the grille in the light but mostly hides the holes in the body filler/glue.

I also found some eyelids on yahoo, painted them over the weekend with a nissan silver from dupli-color, and while not a complete match, the difference isn't too noticeable.

IMG_20170910_151925078.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Installed a Raspberry Pi to take advantage of the pop-up display. 

Found that this thing had a decent sound system at some stage after lifting the carpet.

Main purpose is for streaming music (Spotify and SoundCloud) on the go but also setup YouTube, Twitch and Covenant.

59cded1f6a979_DSC_0032(1).thumb.jpg.cadfcad15c2591b80c740818df6c6ef3.jpg

DSC_0116.thumb.jpg.37c8f5858e3671d6275c94e98fc54809.jpg

file.thumb.jpeg.056bf6d3c07fe50208a9b1208fde4513.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/29/2017 at 4:50 PM, Akshunhiro said:

Installed a Raspberry Pi to take advantage of the pop-up display. 

Found that this thing had a decent sound system at some stage after lifting the carpet.

Main purpose is for streaming music (Spotify and SoundCloud) on the go but also setup YouTube, Twitch and Covenant.

Dude.... That's a great idea!

Do you have any details on the install and parts/software used? How do you control the Pi?

It was pretty straight forward!

I saw the thread for swapping out the Japanese TV tuner for an Australian one but wanted to go one step further and playback my own media. 

The Stag has an aftermarket head-unit already but bluetooth audio streaming is the best it can do and the screen was going to waste so read up how to tap-in to the A/V input that plugs into the stock TV tuner. Turns out it's just one long aux cable with female RCA connectors at the end. I can't confirm where it runs to though as mine was unplugged and I also found an aftermarket video splitter for what I imagine was for a roof mounted TFT. One of the labels on the video RCA feed was marked iPod so may have just been used with one of the iPod docks for both video and audio.I had the rear trim unclipped to see whether the input cable was still there or if I had to make up a new RCA lead to plug-in (even bought a Dupont connector kit off eBay since I thought I'd need it) but just traced it back to the front and that's when I found the other wires that had already been run.

Decided to sit the Pi in the centre console for the time being (was going to keep it in the rear originally) and bought a 12v-5v converter to power the Pi via it's standard micro USB connector.

Mounted LibreELEC on a spare SD card and fired it up. I'm using a standard 3.5mm breakout cable (which includes composite video) and it works okay. Couldn't really find a suitable skin to match the small resolution of the pop-up display but was able to increase the font size to make it readable (text is sometimes an issue but video is fine). I tested LibreELEC 7, LibreELEC 8 and OpenELEC 8 but settled on LibreELEC 8 being the most recent build and hopefully the most efficient for the Pi 3. Startup time is pretty good but I have to shut it down manually when I get home.

It's hard-wired to 12v at the moment and surprisingly doesn't die when cranking (was expecting the voltage drop to cause it to drop-out and restart, must be because it's only 5v) but I'm waiting for a module to come into stock from the US which has 2x USB ports, a startup trigger and shutdown script triggered by accessories. I control it with the head-unit remote and a FLIRC v2 USB IR receiver as those buttons aren't assigned to anything when on the aux input (but can use any IR remote with the FLIRC). Link to gear below;

The Pi 3 has both bluetooth and wifi but, since they both share the same antenna, you can't have both running at the same time. I was going to get a 4G USB dongle but haven't confirmed which model will work with the Pi (Apparently the Sierra wireless 320U does but haven't tried it yet) so have just been hot-spotting off my phone.

I was tempted to mount a blank DIN for switches and USB ports etc to replace the head-unit but will keep it for the time being. Was also toying with the idea of a cleaner source unit (since my aux cable plugs in the front and it's pretty much always on that input) but the only one I like is $2k (can use the rear USB input though) and really not worth the $$$.

• Like 3