SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

To overcome some current boost issues and in anticipation of things to come I fitted an Eboost2 HP. Works well it’s only a stock turbo so 10psi is it. It works well. It also has the dual shift light on it

• 2 weeks later...

45893015_2201894890051722_8361689472860946432_n.thumb.jpg.c5746e4eb0e3943d6b8f5c3613fc4f78.jpgInstalled some BC coilovers on the weekend, and finally got round to fitting the rear 350z brembos. 

FYI 350z uses different rear brake lines to Stageas. Bought a set of steel braided lines for a 350z brembo setup, the fronts fit fine but the rears use a different connector to what the stagea has.

45 minutes ago, Long and low said:

That's good to know about the break lines. 

How mong did it take you to install the bc's? I have a set for sale but I'm always tempted to just put them in

Rears were a breeze. Fronts took a bit of persuasion with a jack and some other tools

• Thanks 1

Nothing handy, but imagine a slightly portly, balding, middle-aged bloke saying "oof!" as he attempts to wedge himself behind the non-adjustable steering wheel of a small, red roadster. That's meeeeeeee!

PS: All the rpms work. I checked. A few times.

Edited by Hertz Donut

• 3 weeks later...

Spend the day fiddling with the rear BC coilovers. 

This is as low as I can get them without the shock almost being maxed out. 

Took out one of the locking rings and even the lower rubber mount. (dodgy yes I know) 

But any lower and the spring will literally fall out going over a bump. 

Anyone else have trouble getting real low on the rear with BC coilovers? 

The front seems to slam easy no problem

20181210_144136.jpg

20181210_144141.jpg

I've been gone a loooong time. Old stagea blew a fitting at the back on the firewall and lost all my coolant.. temp gauge never moved and ultimately killed my engine. Spent a couple months without a stagea and really missed it.. so here I am again, just picked up this RS-v on the weekend, 25DET manual rwd. Sunroof too. Extremely happy

IMG_0943.jpeg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Very nice. Wheels look ok too! Got a budget for mods or have you spent all your money buying the car and have to save up?

Cheers, no budget for mods yet. Just want to enjoy it for a bit first, quite a bit different to the old slow 25de 4wd stag I had beforehand. I just need to change the BOV to a recirc one as the car idles quite rough at the moment. Otherwise its pretty mint

13 hours ago, NicPM35 said:

Spend the day fiddling with the rear BC coilovers. 

This is as low as I can get them without the shock almost being maxed out. 

Took out one of the locking rings and even the lower rubber mount. (dodgy yes I know) 

But any lower and the spring will literally fall out going over a bump. 

Anyone else have trouble getting real low on the rear with BC coilovers? 

The front seems to slam easy no problem

20181210_144136.jpg

20181210_144141.jpg

This is with standard shocks and cobra lows. I have bc gold to go in. I'll be pissed if they are no better.

20180509_090209.jpg

40 minutes ago, Long and low said:

This is with standard shocks and cobra lows. I have bc gold to go in. I'll be pissed if they are no better.

20180509_090209.jpg

Are you referring to the BC BR kit? Because that what I'm using.

Maybe return them before installing if you want to go any lower than mine? 

Although I'm not sure if it'll be the same story, assuming yours is AWD rear anyway and uses coil on shock rear? 

Edited by NicPM35

Installed Audi R8 coilpack conversion kit from 5-0 ignite, had to do some intake mods for clearances, otherwise would need to have changed to front face plenum and costs/other mods weren't desirable at this point 

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oxford1327 said:

Installed Audi R8 coilpack conversion kit from 5-0 ignite, had to do some intake mods for clearances, otherwise would need to have changed to front face plenum and costs/other mods weren't desirable at this point 

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

Do you have a tuneable ecu or were no adjustments necessary?

Got nistune in it, but didn't need to change anything for it to start and run fine so far. 

Once it goes back to dyno will alter the dwell time as per recommended by        5-0ignite that make the kit. 

Thus far car runs and idles smoother, as well as no longer seems to stutter under high throttle load, whether that's the old noggin playing tricks remains to be seen once dyno sheet is compared etc. 

On 12/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, Akshunhiro said:

I've got MCA coilovers in mine and they go nice and low in the rear. Josh did a true coilover setup rather than separate strut and spring setup from stock.

Does that mean the rear weight of the car is now on the 2 small bolts holding the original shock in place? Assuming the spring is no longer in it's perch