SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I washed my stag last night at 11:55pm whistling.gif

god damn I need a good detail..... is it worth buying the stuff and doing it myself? or better off letting the professionals do it ?? teehee.gif

I washed my stag last night at 11:55pm whistling.gif

god damn I need a good detail..... is it worth buying the stuff and doing it myself? or better off letting the professionals do it ?? teehee.gif

worth buying and doing your self, and having the stuff to do it another 3 times down the track.

you can spend near abouts the same amount to get someone good enough to do a good job.

Comes down to you being bothered or not.

Did mine the other day, came out alright for my first time doing it

post-77654-0-62320500-1294182794_thumb.jpg

I did miss bits though.. Amatuer! :D

Edited by AaronNM35

worth buying and doing your self, and having the stuff to do it another 3 times down the track.

you can spend near abouts the same amount to get someone good enough to do a good job.

Comes down to you being bothered or not.

Did mine the other day, came out alright for my first time doing it

post-77654-0-62320500-1294182794_thumb.jpg

I did miss bits though.. Amatuer! :D

looks good :) I'll have to have a think about what I want to do! there is a good satisfaction I suppose when you do it yourself! cheers.gif

I know there is some pretty good instructions on how to do it on here.. using those magic bar things after the wash

have attached an rtf document a made when I copied the instructions off one of the posts long ago :D

Car Care.rtf

Edited by atomaly

looks good :) I'll have to have a think about what I want to do! there is a good satisfaction I suppose when you do it yourself! cheers.gif

I know there is some pretty good instructions on how to do it on here.. using those magic bar things after the wash

have attached an rtf document a made when I copied the instructions off one of the posts long ago :D

Car Care.rtf

Can say the sore back and arms pay off when you look at it n done well.

I clearly didnt copy that outline lol, i use a microfibre sponge. its a sponge version of the chamois. Never scratched my car.

I just used that 3 step maguires stuff. but whatever works and last's i gues.

Have fun being sore for the rest of the day :whistling:

Bit of a late Christmas for me :)

Got this in the mail today!

ecu.JPG

Now its time for the rest of the exhaust and highflow :)

Im really tempted to plug it in and drive, but don't want any Jetwreck type problems....

lol....so your the one that bought it aye!!!.....I was watching it.....should be good for a plug and play IMO!......just go for a quick run up on a dyno if your worried!

I can not see it being anything too radical and if it is with your turbo you wont be leaning off anyway!....but then again I could not find anything on the web for it!

The problem with mine was I was running an Impul at the time and it had no boost cut!.....I also didn't have control of boost at the time and with all the little bit's I had added on it leaned off fairly quickly.....+ I had the standard fuel pump!

For e.g. at the moment I am running the Nismo with all my little bit's and pieces I am hitting 97% duty cycle at 4,000rpm on 8PSI boost and with 70% throttle application. Cannot wait for 18PSI, 6,500+RPM and full throttle usage again!

Can say the sore back and arms pay off when you look at it n done well.

I clearly didnt copy that outline lol, i use a microfibre sponge. its a sponge version of the chamois. Never scratched my car.

I just used that 3 step maguires stuff. but whatever works and last's i gues.

Have fun being sore for the rest of the day :whistling:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the "nasty" sponges and not the microfibre ones haha

yeah that outline is a bit bloated and some might say "overkill" but that's how they get the car show shine apparently! thumbsup.gif

will work up a good sweat when detailing I'm sure.. I think I'll give it a go! (maybe this weekend)

Edited by atomaly

lol....so your the one that bought it aye!!!.....I was watching it.....should be good for a plug and play IMO!......just go for a quick run up on a dyno if your worried!

I can not see it being anything too radical and if it is with your turbo you wont be leaning off anyway!....but then again I could not find anything on the web for it!

The problem with mine was I was running an Impul at the time and it had no boost cut!.....I also didn't have control of boost at the time and with all the little bit's I had added on it leaned off fairly quickly.....+ I had the standard fuel pump!

For e.g. at the moment I am running the Nismo with all my little bit's and pieces I am hitting 97% duty cycle at 4,000rpm on 8PSI boost and with 70% throttle application. Cannot wait for 18PSI, 6,500+RPM and full throttle usage again!

Craig are you gonna beat me to a tune? hurry up and come down n do ittttt! wanna see what the ARX will be like all tuned - SAFELY

ecu.JPG

Im really tempted to plug it in and drive, but don't want any Jetwreck type problems....

ahhh very lucky!!

i was going to bid on that myself but i was away and forgot all about it, nice work!!

plug it in and let us know. beware of the throttle restriction :P

ecu.JPG

It will be fine... I am running the Impul with no problems... other than hitting 100% duty cycle at 7000 rpm. Fortunatley the ECU is running the car rich so this is not an issue.

:thumbsup:

Craig are you gonna beat me to a tune? hurry up and come down n do ittttt! wanna see what the ARX will be like all tuned - SAFELY

I'm just waiting for Scott to tell me when to come down....as soon as he gives me the go I'm on my way!

• Like 1

What did i do lately?

got pissed and watched a STIG DVD in the car!

climbed out at 2am (go the cupholders!) and left the interior lights on, had to leave it on charge overnight to get enough back in the cells to start it.

it was discovered by the mrs who called after i had already made it to work complaining that the doors wont open and is making a siren noise... oops!

hpefully the cahrge will build up again and i haven't killed the battery, i'll find out in 3 hours when the mrs goes to leave from work LOL

ahhh very lucky!!

i was going to bid on that myself but i was away and forgot all about it, nice work!!

plug it in and let us know. beware of the throttle restriction :P

Well Took it out for a quick spin at lunch today. Plugged in the ECU and everything started and ran perfectly! which is good news.

gave it a little bit up the main road and it has a bit more top end actually - infact in auto it shifts out of 2nd at 7,500rpm! pulled hard all the way and I was going over 120km at that stage so didnt want to keep the foot planted. It feels the same at low revs, mid range seems a little stronger (could be my imagination) but definitely pulls better up top and just keeps revving up to 7,500 - which is weird because the sticker on the ECU says 7,000 rpm.

Anyway I think I got a good bargain there!

Now its time for the high flow and dump so I can really make use of this ECU.