SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Well Took it out for a quick spin at lunch today. Plugged in the ECU and everything started and ran perfectly! which is good news.

gave it a little bit up the main road and it has a bit more top end actually - infact in auto it shifts out of 2nd at 7,500rpm! pulled hard all the way and I was going over 120km at that stage so didnt want to keep the foot planted. It feels the same at low revs, mid range seems a little stronger (could be my imagination) but definitely pulls better up top and just keeps revving up to 7,500 - which is weird because the sticker on the ECU says 7,000 rpm.

Anyway I think I got a good bargain there!

Now its time for the high flow and dump so I can really make use of this ECU.

Good result Ben,, Sounds a lot like the Impul.

Got up close and personal with the new girl for the first time today.

After spending a heap of coin on stuff needed for a good hand wash at home I had mixed feelings, happy with how she sparkles but not so happy with the imperfections im finding on closer inspection - Kinda like some girls you get home from a night club, then see them under the proper light.....:O

Well after being busted and sitting in the garage for well over a month, I finally got the 260RS onto a car trailer and off to a mob that fixes gearboxes and diffs.

Entered some grass events in a local car show in November and she developed a knock in the front diff :rant: .

She will be fixed before the end of the month and be ready for SAU Putty road cruise!! :rofl: .

i would if it was between the 2 halves of the manifold but it looks like a real pain to get to

just want to know if its stock or not

also, i found where my leak is coming from, just need to work out how to get to it :-/

and i washed the beast :D

Edited by pipster11

another strange thing discovered on the stagea

~5-10mm spacer on the lower half of the manifold

anyone seen this on an rb25 before?

post-51118-0-05567000-1294467014_thumb.jpg

umm, that text that you have put the red box around says 'gasket'

yeah, and where there should be a gasket i have a 10mm thick piece of something

Probably a thermal barrier spacer, to keep your plenum nice and cool. :thumbsup:

I fitted one that Cam made under my plenum to space it up and fit the Deka injectors, 20mm of Bakelite does a very good job of insulating. The plenum is cold while driving now.

Probably a thermal barrier spacer, to keep your plenum nice and cool. :thumbsup:

I fitted one that Cam made under my plenum to space it up and fit the Deka injectors, 20mm of Bakelite does a very good job of insulating. The plenum is cold while driving now.

Back to back tested with a non cotact thermal gun, my plenum skin temp dropped from 82deg to around 50odd deg after I fitted the spacer.

It stops a huge amount of heatsoak from the engine, which has to add power, and the runner length increase definitely increases torque.:cheers:

i can't find any info about it on an rb25 tho which is odd

and the plenum is still hot because it still has the coolant lines running through the top half

and i'm concerned that its messing up the area into which the injectors fire

- Front windows tinted to match the rear

Looks sweet once it's done eh?

On topic, Just bought some r33 GTS calipers for my povo front brake upgrade :whistling: Wil be getting the rest of my bits thru Conceptz tho'.