SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

That's great news Craig. I hope you work out the CAS issue soon & get back up to full power. No problems maxing out the standard injectors? I reckon they are highly under rated, especially if you've increased the flow via better pump or FPR.

even better new Leon......Problem is solved.....I now have CAS!

Car goes like stink again!......it's very neutral in balance........power is just right!

Car goes like stink again!......it's very neutral in balance........power is just right!

I bet thats a relief! Great work.

Are we allowed to ask what the problem was? :)

Mate, that is great news. Btw, that stink would be left from your last passenger. I recommend a steam clean.

I bet thats a relief! Great work.

Are we allowed to ask what the problem was? :)

It was fixed by cutting the top off a zip tie and using it as a shim on the CAS.........so in other words I had to change the angle of the CAS slightly. f**k I wish I had the money back that I had thrown at this problem. I think every expert that I know or Dad knows has either had a look at the car or tried to diagnose it. Alex and I found the problem because I decided to test my spare CAS's before biting the bullet and buying another brand new one and when changing them back and forth this time I found inconsistencies in the RPM missfire and startup....so I fiddled and applied pressure in different directions and it either killed it , cleared it or f#$ked up the idle.....at first I thought the plug was stuffed but it seems that when we had done the GB change the CAS location has changed ever so slightly.....I dont' know how either it does not make sense!

Funniest thing is one or 2 of the workshops decided to call me and Forums a waist of time and we don't know anything.

I have a small quote for them!

"IN YOU FACE MR MECHANIC!"

Craig Markland

I might just point this out to them those workshops as well!

Happy days to......onto the next part of the project!....ECU's again!

It was fixed by cutting the top off a zip tie and using it as a shim on the CAS.........so in other words I had to change the angle of the CAS slightly. f**k I wish I had the money back that I had thrown at this problem. I think every expert that I know or Dad knows has either had a look at the car or tried to diagnose it. Alex and I found the problem because I decided to test my spare CAS's before biting the bullet and buying another brand new one and when changing them back and forth this time I found inconsistencies in the RPM missfire and startup....so I fiddled and applied pressure in different directions and it either killed it , cleared it or f#$ked up the idle.....at first I thought the plug was stuffed but it seems that when we had done the GB change the CAS location has changed ever so slightly.....I dont' know how either it does not make sense!

Funniest thing is one or 2 of the workshops decided to call me and Forums a waist of time and we don't know anything.

I have a small quote for them!

"IN YOU FACE MR MECHANIC!"

Craig Markland

I might just point this out to them those workshops as well!

So time to do a drag strip meet to put a time on all our mods... :)

So time to do a drag strip meet to put a time on all our mods... :)

I think SO!....I still need to get the new Box in, Change spark plugs and do an oil change first.

Plus fit new bitsph34r.gif.....wont be cracking a mid 12 second past as I don't have the E-Manage on anymore but I should get a low 13 second pass!....still not bad for a 2 tonne fat cow!

Edited by Jetwreck

edited your post for more drama, lol

thumbsup.gif

I drove another M35 last night that does 14.4's..........I know my car is a lot quicker than that so it should be very interesting....at 18-19PSI my AFR's are at 10.8 so it's still got more in it except the AFM is stopping it....needs to be clamped somehow!

It's so good having Cams again!banana.gif

Good to hear you got it sorted, bastard it was one of those seemingly intangible fixes (cable tie? Really??)

ECU's? I can help you out with that :)

Edited by iamhe77

thumbsup.gif

AFM is stopping it....needs to be clamped somehow!

It's so good having Cams again!banana.gif

Jaycar have fuel cut defeater kit that I used on my last 33. It was only $20 or so to build. It has a trim pot so you can turn the cut of voltage right down.

Jaycar have fuel cut defeater kit that I used on my last 33. It was only $20 or so to build. It has a trim pot so you can turn the cut of voltage right down.

How do you add fuel to the map with the voltage clamped so low? It's not a set figure, it changes with revs/load compared to what the ecu is expecting.

How do you add fuel to the map with the voltage clamped so low? It's not a set figure, it changes with revs/load compared to what the ecu is expecting.

I agree. If it does clamp the AFM signal to 3.9V, the ECU won't add enough fuel under highish load IMO. My car reaches 3.9V long before WOT. Nothing wrong with modifying the AFM voltage, but to run nice it needs to vary under all the conditions the ECU is looking at.