SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

What size and price did you them for? I think we get a little touched up in SA as I payed $260 a corner for a 245/45-18.

Same; 245/45/18; $190 each, and that was fitted, with the old tyres disposed of too. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180788168695?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1849wt_1037

I paid $260 each for the first set I bought for mine, but that was 2 odd years ago.

Same; 245/45/18; $190 each, and that was fitted, with the old tyres disposed of too. http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1849wt_1037

I paid $260 each for the first set I bought for mine, but that was 2 odd years ago.

That's a great price Dale. You must have worked a deal 'cause that listing doesn't mention fitting & balancing, plus you obviously went in as opposed to having them shipped to you.

I got these the other day. By the time they were shipped & fitted it added ~$35 per tyre, but oh my are they nice to drive on.

That's a great price Dale. You must have worked a deal 'cause that listing doesn't mention fitting & balancing, plus you obviously went in as opposed to having them shipped to you.

I got these the other day. By the time they were shipped & fitted it added ~$35 per tyre, but oh my are they nice to drive on.

I looked at the Invo's too Leon, from that seller in fact. And at that price why wouldn't you?

I read a bunch of reviews and they certainly get high praise; I'm interested to hear your thoughts on their wet weather grip, and also their longevity too.thumbsup.gif

I was shocked when they didn't charge me for fitting/balancing or disposal; I was expecting another $15-$20 per tyre. Lucky I guess...biggrin.gif

Although, with the number of cars they pushed through while I was there, they obviously just make profit on volume. Seriously, in 45 mins; they must've fitted tyres to at least 10 cars, and done at least 4 wheel alignments. That and other tyre places picking up uteloads, and mechanics bringing in punctures.

There was a lot of bustle, but everyone was just getting on with it. A bit like a pit crew. And it was all on show, so they can't really get away with being rough.

Fitted a couple of Aero catch type (didn't realise they weren't the genuine ones till they arrived but they seem to work ok) locking flush bonnett pins - not just for motorsport reasons but so that I could get rid of my bonnett catch and make room for my oil cooler and power steering cooler.

Aerocatch003.jpg

Aerocatch004.jpg

Aerocatch002.jpg

I looked at the Invo's too Leon, from that seller in fact. And at that price why wouldn't you?

I read a bunch of reviews and they certainly get high praise; I'm interested to hear your thoughts on their wet weather grip, and also their longevity too.thumbsup.gif

I was shocked when they didn't charge me for fitting/balancing or disposal; I was expecting another $15-$20 per tyre. Lucky I guess...biggrin.gif

Although, with the number of cars they pushed through while I was there, they obviously just make profit on volume. Seriously, in 45 mins; they must've fitted tyres to at least 10 cars, and done at least 4 wheel alignments. That and other tyre places picking up uteloads, and mechanics bringing in punctures.

There was a lot of bustle, but everyone was just getting on with it. A bit like a pit crew. And it was all on show, so they can't really get away with being rough.

Glad you had a good experience from Tempe...I've read a few threads on here that makes me twice about bringing my car there if I was in Sydney.

I was going to buy a set from Tempe but in the end OTR Motorsports in Clayton fitted them on my car for $200 a corner...

Just bought the nismo suspension off troy. Hoping to have them fit for goldcoast cruise this sunday

Just a little info for you.....I have found that if I cut about 2/3's off the top coil on the rear springs it not only levels the car out but settles down the rear of the car quite a bit.

The shocks have also been sitting for quite a while so may need to be compresses a couple of times to wake them up.

oh and well done on the AWESOME parts buy! :P

Edited by Jetwreck

Just a little info for you.....I have found that if I cut about 2/3's off the top coil on the rear springs it not only levels the car out but settles down the rear of the car quite a bit.

The shocks have also been sitting for quite a while so may need to be compresses a couple of times to wake them up.

oh and well done on the AWESOME parts buy! :P

Thans for the info mate and yes they are awesome. But thats just personal opinion. When u say 2/3 of top spring u mean before it opens to full coiled diameter?

Thans for the info mate and yes they are awesome. But thats just personal opinion. When u say 2/3 of top spring u mean before it opens to full coiled diameter?

the top of the spring.......there is a "AWESOME"....sorry Nismo logo on the spring! :P ....the Nismo logo should be the right way up.

Put em in first and see how it settles....but I am pretty sure you will lower the rear a little not only to soften it off a little but to reduce the wheel barrow scenario!

the top of the spring.......there is a "AWESOME"....sorry Nismo logo on the spring! :P ....the Nismo logo should be the right way up.

Put em in first and see how it settles....but I am pretty sure you will lower the rear a little not only to soften it off a little but to reduce the wheel barrow scenario!

So the Nismo awesome springs need to be hacked up with an angle grinder to sit right? So glad I went with BC's. lol.

agreed ^^^

I've got awesome springs- customised happy.gif

on topic - I've done nothing to my Stagea today. I can't drive it. I'm starting to get withdrawal from not having it in my garage! blush.gif

Booked in for the SAUSA Track Day on April 16.

Plan before then is:

- Make and fit suction pipe (this Saturday)

- Fit catch can

- Fit shift kit and trans cooler

- Fit fuel pump and injectors

- Fit wideband

- Tune Fcon

- Buy and fit power steering cooler

- Fit toe arms, camber bolts and SuperPro bushes, then wheel align

- Buy and fit new wheels and tyres

- Fit braided brake lines, replace fluid

Not sure I'll get everything done. Priorities are probably power steering cooler, wheel alignment, and finishing the brakes off.

Not sure I'll get everything done. Priorities are probably power steering cooler, wheel alignment, and finishing the brakes off.

LOL. If we look at your past history I'd say that statement is right on the money.:P

But keep us posted as I'm interested to see how your car goes on the track.

Edited by Commsman