SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Dropped the rear a tad more. Happy to find I could move the circlip on the Bilsteins without removing the shocks but simply jacking up the collar. Also pushed the guards out a bit more. I used to think the "baseball bat is your friend" was a joke but I found I could do more with a bit of steel pipe in 15 minutes than an hour of stuffing round with a guard roller!

Finally got the buttons installed on the steering wheel, look great!

Also go the cruise control wired up, but still need to set it up.

Thanks to Leon for all the help so far - hopefully I don't have to call you again mate!

Fitting a runner spacer on Sunday, very happy with the results. Only drama I had during the install what snapping the head of a bolt but no drama as it was just the bolt that holds the trans filler tube to the plenum. :)

brought some basic stuff. got new spark plugs (ill re-gap), nd fuel filter. will install both along with spitfire coil packs on the weekend. which i have had sitting here for a little while.

and also for those that need diagnostic checks i have put a deposit on a diagnostic scan tool today. which covers most imports. M35 Stageas. skylines, Silvias (only ones i checked). doesn't have the C34 but might be able to look up under skylines.

Which scan tool did you order Michael?

Got my cruise control programmed tonight, very easy really. Leon's instructions are amazing, used Dale's ground wire idea and the Marvey Tech speed wire. Pretty happy with myself!

If I set it the car accelerates quite hard when you hit set, from 80 to 90, as an example. Just have to adjust the gain apparently. Will do this tomorrow then wire up the steering wheel buttons.

I do have an airbag fault light now. Looks like I forgot to push the black clip back in the first time, but it was still in when I pulled it apart again. Fingers crossed it will clear itself now that I've pushed it in, like a CEL.

Thanks to Leon for all his help!

new spark plugs, spitfire coilpacks, nd fuel filter installed. left coil cover off to keep coil packs cool. nd also found on of the connectors for coil pack is broken. so need to try nd find a new loom. nd did final fitting nd cutting of eye lids today. peter just needs to sand back nd create mould. nd should be ready to sell

Fitted our new Turbosmart Dual Port BOV (TS-0205-1026) today and took her for a test flight.

Solved the farting BOV issue which was getting progressively worse which was the reason for grabbing it.

Also appears to have reduced a bit of lag and made the M35 more responsive and feels like it has a bit more fire in the belly according to the Bum Dyno!

Even better was the fact it worked (for my needs) straight out of the box.

Running it in full plumb back mode too.

Fitted our new Turbosmart Dual Port BOV (TS-0205-1026) today and took her for a test flight.

Solved the farting BOV issue which was getting progressively worse which was the reason for grabbing it.

Also appears to have reduced a bit of lag and made the M35 more responsive and feels like it has a bit more fire in the belly according to the Bum Dyno!

Even better was the fact it worked (for my needs) straight out of the box.

Running it in full plumb back mode too.

when it vents anything below 5psi do you get a flutter that pulses through out the whole driveline???

cos thats what mine does and i hate it!!!

What's wrong with factory Bov? I see a lot of you guys change to a/market.

Just block up the recirc whole in the factory unit and they hold a lot more boost. I did this to the factory unit on my 180sx and has held 20psi with no problems. I know of guys running more psi with the stocker.

Edited by slippylotion

Just block up the recirc whole in the factory unit and they hold a lot more boost. I did this to the factory unit on my 180sx and has held 20psi with no problems. I know of guys running more psi with the stocker.

If the original was working properly (as in not farting and causing the whole car to vibrate, like mine, even under moderate boost), there's no reason to replace it and i would have kept the stock one.

I could have purchased a second hand one and potentially ended up with the same problem or probably spent more (i din't even bother to check TBH) on a new one from Ni$$an.

I purchased the Turbosmart from Mick at BoostnImports for $387 delivered, great guy to deal with and amazingly fast delivery.

Jas

Hi Paul, forgot to add, there's a few threads dedicated to this subject too;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/327936-m35-bov/

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/314048-m35-strange-exhaust-noise/

If you don't have the problem though, i wouldn't bother replacing the BOV.

In my case, fixed the issue instantly & i'm as happy as a pig in mud.