SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Im running Aarons old Turbosmart compact, with the stiff spring it still runs fine. I only changed as the stock one wasnt coping too well at over 30psi, even with the grub screw mod.

How is my stock one going Jase? Prince Skyline had the same farting problem so I gave him my stock one to try. Seems to be a common problem.

Got the cruise sorted, finally! Works great, thanks to Leon for sorting and all the help. Probably just need to turn the gain down at some point I think.

Also got the other fog light switched over to spotlight with HID. Looks great, and very happy to have matching lights again. Looks much better matching. Was thinking about adding squid rings to fill the gap between old and the smaller new lights, but can't find anything with the right ID. Don't think it matters for now.

Next project is fuel pump while I wait for the SuperPro bushes and camber bolts to turn up.

Can't wait to get a wheel alignment - pulled one of the rears off on the weekend and the inside edge is all feathered. New wheels and tyres go on as soon as it's been aligned! :banana:

Took some shots of the spotlights tonight, just as it started to get dark. :thumbsup:

post-34363-0-52182000-1329131601_thumb.jpg

I actually like them now, I think I prefer the slightly smaller lights.

post-34363-0-59740300-1329131640_thumb.jpg

You can see I still need to finish cleaning the silicon...

post-34363-0-62153300-1329130982_thumb.jpg

post-34363-0-31444400-1329130992_thumb.jpg

Lights on!

post-34363-0-93190800-1329131669_thumb.jpg

For those interested, the lights are Narva 100mm spotlights with a HID conversion kit I got on ebay. Pretty easy to mount in the end, you just have to remove the Cibie glass so you can reuse the mounting hardware. Narva lights were ~$70 for the pair, and the H3 HID kit was ~$35.

My only issue now, as per the other thread, is Nissan don't allow the fog lights and high beams to be on at the same time. So according to Iain I need to wire up a diode and relay to fix this. Can go on the list!

post-34363-0-41192100-1329130964_thumb.jpg

post-34363-0-37103100-1329130973_thumb.jpg

post-34363-0-89537100-1329131009_thumb.jpg

They look great when on Ryan - nice job. I'm tempted to convert mine. Do they throw out a decent beam?

I can't think of the last time I actually used mine as fog lights, but Murphys' Law states that as soon as I change them I will need to travel a long distance in the worst fog in living memory.

Not yet - still have to work it out. Iain thinks he knows, I'll see if I can work it out.

I did this for a set of foggies on a Liberty years ago. I had a 2 position switch that allowed me to either a) lock them on, regardless of headlight position, or b) have them turn on & off with high beam.

That made them a practical addition. What would annoy you, & oncoming traffic lol, is if you had to dip head lights & also turn of the driving lights as a separate action. I'd be happy to play around & help out with a circuit.

Seem to Leon, but I haven't had a chance to try it out in the dark yet. Will do so this week. A single was great though, much better than the foggies.

That was my logic too... too hard to find a new fog light, and I never used the foggies. Spotlights are much more practical.

If you can figure out a circuit, that'd be great. It's not that high on my list at the moment, but the switch idea appeals.

Use the high beam 12v+ at the light and run that to a relay. So that when you turn the head liht on the relay will turn on. Then on the contact run a new circuit from battery (fused) and to a on/off switch and then through the relay contact and then to spotties.

So the spotties will only work when on high beam and then you can turn them on or off via the switch. Even if you leave the switch on the spotties will still turn off when on low beam via the relay.

Use the high beam 12v+ at the light and run that to a relay. So that when you turn the head liht on the relay will turn on. Then on the contact run a new circuit from battery (fused) and to a on/off switch and then through the relay contact and then to spotties.

So the spotties will only work when on high beam and then you can turn them on or off via the switch. Even if you leave the switch on the spotties will still turn off when on low beam via the relay.

That's all good, except if you want to run the spotties without high beam (or any head lights). That's why I previously used a 2 position switch, with the other position simply operating another relay to turn them on constantly. Of course that was before everyone started running with fog/driving lights on during the day & the police started cracking down on such use. To keep it nice & legal, maybe best to stick with only on when on high beam....

On the weekend I checked over my adjustable arms (camber/traction) and dropped the suspension 2cm allround. May drop it further, but will do a week of driving and go from there.

post-58831-0-06660300-1329199764_thumb.jpg post-58831-0-38074800-1329199802_thumb.jpg

Also removed the rear wing and debadged the boot.

post-58831-0-08947000-1329199810_thumb.jpg

Fitted Blitz LM panel air filter... :blush: The old K&N looked horrible.. After serving good time in the R33 and now the M35, time for a clean and maybe retirement...

Thanks Jason :thumbsup:

RDA slotted discs and HPX pads go in on Friday as the old girl gets serviced... Looking forward to non-shuddery brakes...

Replaced the bottom headlight bulbs, but now going to look into what the top ones are. Tomorrow aiming to get the new LED parkers in, and hopefully run the wiring for the new fuel pump, if not get it all finished.

Got in it today though to find the air con blowing hot air for the first time, and three of the four windows won't go down. I think the thermo fan is buggered.

Also picked up a small trans cooler today to use as the power steering cooler. Think it will be ok, hopefully won't be too small.