SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I hade the standard rotors with Nismo pad's...stopped once or twice after that I was starting to get a solid peddle. Put the r32's and shitter rotor's and pad's on and it was much better on the same road....when to 324mm and hawk ceramic's with new dba'a and I had the neverfail experience....IMO the stock calipers and rotor size are good for a smallspirited drive...anything after that and your in gods hands!

1- possible

2- maybe

3- I don't think 20yo Sumitomo's are "Bling..." :happy:

The main problem that I get with the stock brakes is that after just one hard application I feel the stock rotors warp, and shudder. Driving round normally, there is no shudder, but once you step on it once, the things warp. I think the Rotors are soft- it seems a common progression with modern cars- once upon a time, I went 260k kms with just a hint of a lip on a rotor. These days I hear people driving daily's replacing rotors after 40k kms.

Just remember- Nissan put these brakes on a car 400kg lighter than ours, the 350Z. But on the track model they put Brembo.

I can think of a group of cars that have all brake options - a compo could be good!

• Like 1

The Neotech arms are a nice piece of gear. Comparable to jap stuff easily.

Agreed. I am very impressed with the quality for the price.

Todays plans went smooth for doing the timing belt till a dud bolt snapped while doing up the CAS.

I didn't even have much pressure on it. looking at the bolt remnant, you could see half the split was old. Over-tensioned from previous owner.

So I had to remove bits again and drill/ezi-out the snapped bolt.

No damage done, and found while undoing the CAS frame/mount off the motor that one bolt was not tight ! so worth it overall.

I guess it pays to check every nut and bolt - even if you haven't touched it !!

JJR Front camber arms are now on tomorrows list !

Well, I finally bought some engine oil for mine, and am thinking of buying one of those Fumoto sump plug drains to make life even easier again! I've already got an oil filter relocation kit, so that helps!

Well we made it to tas (been here a few days now)

I'll be trying to give the car a break but my patents are down to help tidy the house and keep buying things from bunnings etc.

Just need to do the timing belt and oil now. I think I'll try the gw syn-x 3000 (autobarn for about $30)

I gets Me turbo back today!

Im a happy child :rolleyes:

Soooo, what's next on the list of things to go wrong?whistling.gif

Jokes, hope you start to have a few wins with this matethumbsup.gif

Soooo, what's next on the list of things to go wrong?whistling.gif

Jokes, hope you start to have a few wins with this matethumbsup.gif

um the Gear box :D LOL

yeh so do I. the POS has been a fail whale as of late..

Im going to go the route of new rotors & pads shortly, but stock calipers. Will see how it goes, I wont be 'tracking' my car so I dont think I reallllly need big f'off brakes.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between R33 / Brembo / Stock in pull up distances from 60km/h. Doubt it'll happen though.

When we have a meet, we can do a test compared to mine. But I think tyres will make a massive difference.

When we have a meet, we can do a test compared to mine. But I think tyres will make a massive difference.

They should definitely come in to it, but if we include that detail in the results perhaps it'll help highlight just how important it is to have decent tyres :thumbsup:

They should definitely come in to it, but if we include that detail in the results perhaps it'll help highlight just how important it is to have decent tyres :thumbsup:

True.

I could probably steal (I mean borrow) a VBox from one of my clients and get some solid results.

Cam Angle sensor is now rooted,

I think its been on the way out for a while, as I've been getting some stalls at idle, but now the code is showing.

At least its a known fix and the mechanic can get part parts easily.

1- possible

2- maybe

3- I don't think 20yo Sumitomo's are "Bling..." :happy:

The main problem that I get with the stock brakes is that after just one hard application I feel the stock rotors warp, and shudder. Driving round normally, there is no shudder, but once you step on it once, the things warp. I think the Rotors are soft- it seems a common progression with modern cars- once upon a time, I went 260k kms with just a hint of a lip on a rotor. These days I hear people driving daily's replacing rotors after 40k kms.

Just remember- Nissan put these brakes on a car 400kg lighter than ours, the 350Z. But on the track model they put Brembo.

I can think of a group of cars that have all brake options - a compo could be good!

That would be what happens when brake companies are not allowed to use asbestos anymore... that an the fact the world has gotten greedier than "once upon a time" :down:

I picked up my turbo..

everything fits. got the new turbo in

got me some new slotted rotors and QFM HPX type brake pads i must say still bedding in, and it feels much better than my original brakes. never realised how bad they actually were..

got the biggest i guess i could go in the standard housings. turbo is VERY laggy which should fix up on wednesdays tune. but our little actuato mod allows me to hold a flat 17-18 psi all the way through the rev range...oh without a boost controller and boost solenoid :D

no more testing the cars limit until tune :)