SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I FINALLY got on the dyno today.

exhaust is restrictive as, but none the less very happy with the result(for now)

229awkw with 702 NM of torque..

exhaust will be changed soon so we'll see how it is in a month.

ill put up a dyno sheet tomorrow at work :D

Sounded good on the dyno, even better boosting up the road mate. lol

I bet you wish you had the tune before the cruise. :D

• Nope 1

I FINALLY got on the dyno today.

exhaust is restrictive as, but none the less very happy with the result(for now)

229awkw with 702 NM of torque..

exhaust will be changed soon so we'll see how it is in a month.

ill put up a dyno sheet tomorrow at work :D

Did you do much to the trans apart from the shift kit from RVO? Did you get Cihan to mod the trans via EMU?

Did you do much to the trans apart from the shift kit from RVO? Did you get Cihan to mod the trans via EMU?

That wont be an option for a while I would say, he would have to rewire the auto ecu and hook the emanage up to it with the pwm output. (I just need him to regulate the lock up clutch for the torque converter by the looks of it) so you will be the test pilot if it works at all. Hopefully it will give us line pressure control dependant on boost or load instead of throttle position...

The RVO shift kit looks the go too, it held up well. :thumbsup:

• Nope 1

Sounded good on the dyno, even better boosting up the road mate. lol

I bet you wish you had the tune before the cruise. :D

lol even better pooping and intercooler pipe lol strange that

That wont be an option for a while I would say, he would have to rewire the auto ecu and hook the emanage up to it with the pwm output. (I just need him to regulate the lock up clutch for the torque converter by the looks of it) so you will be the test pilot if it works at all. Hopefully it will give us line pressure control dependant on boost or load instead of throttle position...

The RVO shift kit looks the go too, it held up well. :thumbsup:

not only held up. its still very very smooth and doesnt feel harsh at all

Decided last Friday I was tired of getting a massage from my car above 90km/h so got a wheel balance done.. Well overdue and soo much nicer to drive now.

I just have to go and pay extra for the massage now. ;)

Great Result Aaron.. is that your speed cut at 169km/h? You need an override. :)

yeh its speed cut. before it cuts it looks like it still wants to climb.

Kakimoto R should be here mid march :) should be good. then i wanna try and get the low throttle area concentrated on!

speed cut is apart of the factory ecu. even scotts is like this.

I need to get a cut defender, or an impul or Gzone or something.

kinda sucks

Bugger, I thought you were able to bypass it with the emanage! Wonder if Scott would make a bit more power up top without it too! There are heaps of speed cut defenders on YAJ for our cars, but they're not 'cheap' :( You may be able to snap one up 2nd hand I guess.

the only ones i found were the vq35 cut defenders. its not something i wanna fiddle with though, just with a defender, i'de rather get the ECU and be able to get rid of a few things in one hit.

the tunes done in 3rd gear, so not sure how much more we would make as its close to 6500rpm before speed cut. but yeh, I think it will make a little difference at least, but it will be much more noticable down low torque. which is what im looking for. corolla's are still ahead off the line :(

the only ones i found were the vq35 cut defenders. its not something i wanna fiddle with though, just with a defender, i'de rather get the ECU and be able to get rid of a few things in one hit.

the tunes done in 3rd gear, so not sure how much more we would make as its close to 6500rpm before speed cut. but yeh, I think it will make a little difference at least, but it will be much more noticable down low torque. which is what im looking for. corolla's are still ahead off the line :(

My car went to 192km/h on the dyno @ 7300 rpm. So that is 38km/h per 1000 rpm. That would mean you would be at about 6450rpm.

sounds about that i wasnt far off a guess. 50rpm is good :whistling:

but yeh once i get a new ecu, get rid of speed cut, lift the Rev limiter.

should be good. i know what scott means when he says "i want more powah" lol

I have seen the HKS one but it will cost nearly as much as a Gzone ecu remap...

The low down torque wont be improved much without a cable throttle, high stall converter and V manage. (or a manual box) Its all designed to limit the power at takeoff so no skids for us. :)

I have seen the HKS one but it will cost nearly as much as a Gzone ecu remap...

The low down torque wont be improved much without a cable throttle, high stall converter and V manage. (or a manual box) Its all designed to limit the power at takeoff so no skids for us. :)

i thought the G-zone brings it down substantially..

Cihan reckons if you tapped the accelerator on Craigs it was going!

i dont want skids, otherwise i wouldve bought a skyline. BUT, i would like to be able to take off.