SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Yep, same, mate.

I've always tried to follow the "do it once, and do it properly" philosophy.

Now to decide if I wanna spend big on a new head unit with reverse camera, sat nav, iPod connectivity and blue tooth, or just update to something with iPod and BT only. I've got a pretty recent Garmin GPS with free updates for life, I just need to keep it in the car. I just hate having hundreds of different things hanging off the windscreen and dash. Would much rather an all-in-one solution and have the convenience of optional reversing camera available too.

eonon have some ok stuff if you don't want to pay $2k for an alpine gps one (or whatever they cost

http://www.eonon.com/Default.aspx

my mate had one in his evo9 and it was pretty good for the price they cost (was a few years ago too)

some of them run android now too

:yucky:

Tez is using an Eonon Double din in his Evo; maybe you should have a look and see what it is like?

Sounds good, but he was still working out some of the functionality when I was last in it.

I might, actually. I need a single-DIN unit, which makes the number of choices a whole lot slimmer. Still, I'll have a look at Terry's Evo when we catch up next, maybe next week at the Club Exec meeting.

I finally got my turbo replaced and now running my HKS 2530 that was sitting in the shed for about 2 years

How hard was it to run the RaspPi in the your car ironpaw and what are you using for a screen

Hey,

it was pretty easy since I just reused most of the existing wiring that was there for the Asuka tuner (RCA vid/audio in)

My stag has the standard pop up display so I used that. All I had to do was wire in a USB port in the cubby hole near the rear gate. Also downloaded a CarPC skin with auto resume script so it remembers my last played position. Bought a cheapo IR remote from ebay to complete the setup.

Check this out:

http://www.engineering-diy.blogspot.ro/2013/08/car-pc-projectaugust-2013-update.html

Edited by ironpaw
  • Like 1

Colour coded all ARX plastic.

Front and rear bars painted.

Bonnet repainted at same time.

Tint to front windows.

post-72666-0-56190300-1391824705_thumb.jpg

post-72666-0-56525600-1391824738_thumb.jpg

Lowered with BC Racing Coilovers

Whiteline Front and Rear Swaybars and new links

Superpro Front lower arm bushes

Edited by ChrisB

Well I just traded a bank cheque and some for a set of keys to this....

post-131840-13918285284935_thumb.jpg

Massive thanks to Matt13b for selling it to me and props to sPoolin for the great work he has done.

Now to drive it back home to Canberra

• Like 1

Well I just traded a bank cheque and some for a set of keys to this....

ImageUploadedBySAU Community1391828526.659489.jpg

Massive thanks to Matt13b for selling it to me and props to sPoolin for the great work he has done.

Now to drive it back home to Canberra

Mate epic buy. That's second favorite stagea. Mine is first of course

• Like 1

Hopefully I have fixed the leak from my oil cooler kit with the Speedflow adaptors and hoses to replace the crappy stuff that came with the kit.

Cusco brake stopper fitted :) and new waste gate springs arrived try and hold some boost opens at12 ATM and holds 16-17 need to hold 20 plus make some more power:)!!!!

booked in for a dynotune. a proper one, not this run-in tune Ive been on for too long

excited :)

going to adjust timing to get rid of the cold start flat spot (been there since I swapped out the CAS), and tune for high boost

not sure what boost to aim for, its a hyrbid GT3076IW-BB core with ported front stock housing and .73ar rear

apparently good for ~ 1.5bar

Im thinking let them go for it on the dyno to see where they can get to safely.

309kw @ 19psi dropping to 17 (i think :P)for my 2nd run in tune on the heartbreaker dyno. Running it rich until full boost tune at 3000kms... 800 to go :D Full boost will hopefully be around 25psi with the 3076r and Tomei built motor, I guess we'll see where she starts to choke.

Redline is now 8000rpm with the new harmonic balancer, which is entertaining lol. The Old Girl actually feels quick, now to get her fast...