SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Exhaust sounds great, nice rumble on idle and not too loud up top. Will see what it sounds like when front and dumps are swapped out. Uploaded a video clip of exhaust sound on YouTube

Can't seem to attach it here.

• Like 1

Exhaust sounds great, nice rumble on idle and not too loud up top. Will see what it sounds like when front and dumps are swapped out. Uploaded a video clip of exhaust sound on YouTube

Can't seem to attach it here.

That does sound great mate.

After 3 years I finally re-installed the tailgate linings on the 25g and the RS4. I had tried to fit an electric tailgate closer to the 25G but could not get it to work.

Tomoz I start on the electrics or the RS4. Air con condensor fan needs rewiring, dash panel to be replaced and A/M gauge cluster lights need fixing.

They say a dying candle burns brightestLOL

found the issue to all my problems yesterday

DSC_0138.jpg

water damage in the oem to f-con harness.

spent a solid few hours giving it a clean with contact cleaner and earbuds.

Gave the ecu a reset and in for the first time in months i have clear dash with no engine light :yes:

And also scored a HKS F-con Navigator pro , which i installed at the same time

DSC_0145.jpg

Edited by Footo
  • Like 1

DSC_0138.jpg

Gave the ecu a reset and in for the first time in months i have clear dash with no engine light :yes:

DSC_0145.jpg

What does it do? Give you info or can you make changes to your tune?

After 3 years I finally re-installed the tailgate linings on the 25g and the RS4. I had tried to fit an electric tailgate closer to the 25G but could not get it to work.

Tomoz I start on the electrics or the RS4. Air con condensor fan needs rewiring, dash panel to be replaced and A/M gauge cluster lights need fixing.

They say a dying candle burns brightestLOL

25g? Damn I've always wanted the auto tailgate.

Did the timing belt (turns out it is from a Volkswagon Passat), water pump, cam and oil pump seals, idler and tensioner bearings for the second time (the engine has about 180,000klm on it now). It does use a bit of oil by now, the head in particular was not reco-ed when the rb30 was built so it has 300,000klm+ on it.

Then loaded the kids into the back took it for a leisurely drive up to queensland for a week away. It's thirsty and noisey with that exhaust, but it didn't miss a beat all trip

Did the timing belt (turns out it is from a Volkswagon Passat), water pump, cam and oil pump seals, idler and tensioner bearings for the second time (the engine has about 180,000klm on it now). It does use a bit of oil by now, the head in particular was not reco-ed when the rb30 was built so it has 300,000klm+ on it.

Then loaded the kids into the back took it for a leisurely drive up to queensland for a week away. It's thirsty and noisey with that exhaust, but it didn't miss a beat all trip

Did you get to Mt Tamborine??

25g? Damn I've always wanted the auto tailgate.

Where the harness comes into the tailgate on the RHS there is a feed wire missing going into the loom. I dont know where this feed wire comes from.

Would love to get a wiring diagram.

Where the harness comes into the tailgate on the RHS there is a feed wire missing going into the loom. I dont know where this feed wire comes from.

Would love to get a wiring diagram.

I've been trying to find it again... I found a workshop manual on yahooauctions. I think there is one in someone's Dropbox?

Shouldn't be too hard to decode if you start with the headings and work your way down.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

What does it do? Give you info or can you make changes to your tune?

I think it has the ability to select sub maps, which is relative to the main maps.

​it displays a lot of outputs which are correct as its straight from the f-con and the screen can have a choice of showing 2-5-7-10 parameters on the screen

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-f-con-navigator.html

• Like 1

Took the dash instrument cluster out of the Dayz and fitted it to the RS4. Seems to have fixed the problem. Time will tell.

Next prob is getting the aux gauge lights working. I am no auto sparkie and I think I toasted a fuse somewhere.

Just getting back to the instrument cluster, it was quite easy to remove and replace. Used a large mirror to see where all the screws were.

Was glad of the DIY's today. Could not remember how to get to the back of the radio. What a mess I put in there 5 or 6 years ago. Anyway all looks good now. All gauge lights will be working tomorrow. Then on to the aircon condenser fan.

Put on some clear side indicators. They were to suit a pathfinder. Not quite as low profile as the originals bit still look way better than faded orange.. painted the rear impuls black last week then the mrs wanted to go for a drive to kuitpo now its way too cold to paint the front two and she was the one who gouged them up to make me want to paint them :s Also put in some new rear speakers today as the old ones had passed on. 6.5" fit nicely with a small bit of trimming to the plastic bit around the magnet. Just need a radio with frequencies that stops preaching the son of rajab to me haha

post-132120-0-33006600-1398918646_thumb.jpg

post-132120-0-81606000-1398918707_thumb.jpg

Threw my new LED reversing lights in today; BIG difference.

j3ly.jpg

nw6s.jpg

qd06x.jpg

These are the ones I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360781669151&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Also gave the headlights a good clean & seal with some Juice sealer. Wish I could still get this stuff.

• Like 1