SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Threw my new LED reversing lights in today; BIG difference.

j3ly.jpg

nw6s.jpg

qd06x.jpg

These are the ones I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360781669151&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Also gave the headlights a good clean & seal with some Juice sealer. Wish I could still get this stuff.

is it just a single globe per side? As mine is a cold pack having only one reverse light an extra bit of light wouldn't go a miss

huge difference dale, easy to change?

Pretty easy; took about 30 min.

I got the link to the globes from another member on here, but I can't find his post/how to.

I seeza crank brothers sticker :yes:

Yup. Eggbeaters. :cheers:

is it just a single globe per side? As mine is a cold pack having only one reverse light an extra bit of light wouldn't go a miss

Yeah, single globe each side.

You could always bridge the wiring across from the other side if you wanted both on?

• Like 1

Yeah, single globe each side.

You could always bridge the wiring across from the other side if you wanted both on?

Yeah I have thought about that, wouldn't mind having the same lights both sides.

Yeah I have thought about that, wouldn't mind having the same lights both sides.

Isn't one red though?

What's a replacement lense (clear) worth?

Isn't one red though?

What's a replacement lense (clear) worth?

Yes one is red. I was just thinking I would grab a replacement lens off someone's wreck.

yea cold pack has a tint red on right..

does it pop out? or a is one whole section?

i always get people saying I've got a reverse light out :wacko:

• Like 1

yea cold pack has a tint red on right..

does it pop out? or a is one whole section?

i always get people saying I've got a reverse light out :wacko:

Yeah; the whole assembly would need to be replaced; you can't just pop out the red centre of the light.

All I ever get is: "Let me out; it's really dark in here, and the cable ties are cutting my wrists"... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Big service day today on the Stagea. Decided to give it some love, since while it's been washed and cleaned regularly, I've just been doing the oil and filter recently.

So, did an oil and filter change using nissan filter, and GW Synx6000. Put synthetic nulon 75w90 in the front and rear diffs, and some nulon synthetic in the transfer case.

While under the back, I noticed it's been driving round without a rear sway bar for quite some time.... :/

It's suffered the dreaded upgrade sway bar, snap bracket syndrome. Anyway, I got my hands on some upgrade steel brackets that Daleo made a while back and put the rear bar back together! Needless to say, it's a bit nicer handling now.... Lol!

So M35 owners with upgraded swaybars, get under your car and CHECK your brackets!!!

• Like 3

Big service day today on the Stagea. Decided to give it some love, since while it's been washed and cleaned regularly, I've just been doing the oil and filter recently.

So, did an oil and filter change using nissan filter, and GW Synx6000. Put synthetic nulon 75w90 in the front and rear diffs, and some nulon synthetic in the transfer case.

While under the back, I noticed it's been driving round without a rear sway bar for quite some time.... :/

It's suffered the dreaded upgrade sway bar, snap bracket syndrome. Anyway, I got my hands on some upgrade steel brackets that Daleo made a while back and put the rear bar back together! Needless to say, it's a bit nicer handling now.... Lol!

So M35 owners with upgraded swaybars, get under your car and CHECK your brackets!!!

Nice job Alex. When will you upgrading to the new murano when it comes out? Hahahah :-)

post-88192-0-68611500-1399168599_thumb.jpg

Edited by Howaitonaito

The only thing I'll upgrade to is a FX50 when prices become a but more reasonable.

That's providing that it fits vertically in my garage.

Didn't even bite at the murano joke.

There is a Fx30d and Fx50 near my house. They're about the size of the new Jeep Cherokees that are everywhere. But look so much "in your face" than the Jeep.

*adrift

I quite like my fog horns, actually! Would love a train horn to scare some idiots off the road, too!

Started an oil and filter change very late yesterday, first time on this car. The jack and tools all looked like they'd never been used, it was a shame to put a mark them but my trolley jack is holidaying with my sister-in-law. In fact, everything on this car is (or was) so damn clean I feel sorry for it having to do family duties with us. When we got it last June it even still had the factory plastic film over the sill plates in the back, now they've been pulled off by little hands and replaced with chocolate stains on the upholstery.

Wasn't entirely sure where to put the axle stands, at first I went for the chassis rail inboard from the front jacking points but I wasn't happy with the creaking noises as I lowered the jack so I moved them to just near where the LCAs bolt to the subframe, as close as possible to the edge of the undertray. Seemed ok there but I must confess I kept checking them to ensure the metal wasn't ripping. Anyone got a better spot to use?

Also, 4.8 litres of engine oil in a PNM35 right? I did the Commodore (VS V6) earlier in the day and there was definitely more that came out of the Stag.

Edited by Hertz Donut