SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Not really worth the cost with other options out there but each to their own.

Yes, If money is your concern then this build really isn't for you.

Went for a decent drive then down the freeway around a few open roads. lots of change of speeds from 60 to 110+... very happy with how this has turned out.

Edited by Beregron

Yes, If money is your concern then this build really isn't for you.

Went for a decent drive then down the freeway around a few open roads. lots of change of speeds from 60 to 110+... very happy with how this has turned out.

Money is always going to come into play with any conversion/modification.

But the way that i see it is that we are all on the hunt for more power or performance, if we weren't then we would leave it stock. I'm happy for someone to correct me, but by doing this conversion, replacing the auto transmission to a manual, and going RWD, you will end up with less power loss through the transmission and in theory you will be getting better wheel KW than before without touching the motor. Especially down low when you are cruising around town where the majority of the power is used day to day.

Yes it may be expensive, but I have seen people spending huge amount of dollars for small power gains.

Edited by DrLui

Some people have half of that value tied up in just a turbo changeover...

It's all relative.

Good on you Beau; go your own way mate, I bet it's going to be awesome.

• Like 4

These kind of write ups are needed more. Most places dont like doing this to have the work come to them. They dont realise that even though they have written up, owners are still going to go to them knowing that owners will get what they want. Unlike a tuning shop in qld that hides all from potential customers.

• Like 2

Thank you Beau for sharing our link :) We are hoping our guide/parts list will help the next person/workshop wanting to do this conversion.

We did the write up as it was occasionally frustrating throughout the build having very little information. We wanted to keep Beau's bill to a minimum and not buy a large amount of trial parts that couldn't be used. This is why it took longer than a normal manual conversion as we needed to look into every part first.

Yes, this conversion isn't the cheapest one out there however it is something Beau wanted to spend his hard earned money on :) The labour cost of this conversion was the cheapest part of the job. The parts were the biggest cost factor. Which is another reason we decided to give out a parts list, so those wanting to tackle the conversion can start a parts corner in their garage!
Note: the parts we used/suggest may not be the only options, with more research/trial fits there might be other models that will also work.

We have to say a thank you to Beau as without him doing this conversion, we wouldn't have a list to share :)

• Like 10

Today i got the following done

- took 350z seats out and gave them a good scrub.

- As the passenger side seat pressure sensor is hardwired on m35s, i installed a airbag plug for easy removal next time i have to remove the seats.

- Installed the brake cut mod at the auto gear lever so when in park it closes the pressure switch.

- I picked up a front drivers door to replace mine from someone running into it a while ago. Just needs a respray as the paint is not the best but atleast its straight

- I also sourced the orange interior panels and centre console to go with my 350z seats and to upgrade to the aircon vents being in the rear of the centre console for rear passengers. (You will see in the pic i got a rear boot roof panel not hacked to bits)

Tomorrow i will be installing the drivers door and replacing the top steering column cover due to old boost gauge install.

Edited by joshm35
  • Like 1