SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I notice the handling more with these than with the sway bars.

Yes ive run just sway bars, just braces, both brace and bars and just front sway bar. (Whiteline, superpro & unnamed adjustable front bar). So this isnt just a 'ive thrown the bars on and thats the answer it should be' kinda answer.

Just got the chance to finally take the 35 out following the 2nd 2nd brace install. Very impressed with the way the rear of the car is now tight in and out of cornering. Noticed more traction and control delivery and almost nil body roll. Very happy

• Like 1

You should cut out the electric lock, button switch , and rear wiper motor and keep for spares.

I have a spare tailgate, I think you have to cut the composite to get to them.

Edited by conan7772
added info

You should cut out the electric lock, button switch , and rear wiper motor and keep for spares.

I have a spare tailgate, I think you have to cut the composite to get to them.

I currently have up for sale the spare rear glass, latch motor, door button, hatch seal rubber & latch motor control box. Far ahead of you.

And no you dont need to cut anything to get them out. Just undo the bolts and get them on the right angles and they will come out. I also plan on deleting the rear wiper just need to find a delete plug im happy with.

Did this a few months ago but only just getting around to posting. Is it just me that gets lazy during winter?

Started with a cracked radiator which I tried and failed to fix with J-B Weld to try and keep me on the road.

2016-05-22 22.40.23.jpg

Radiator was way past it's used by date so I got a thicker factory replacement.

2016-05-22 22.40.04.jpg

2016-05-25 17.23.42.jpg

While the coolant was drained I thought I'd have a crack at my own take on the coolant bypass mod.

2016-05-25 18.06.37.jpg2016-05-25 19.19.41.jpg

2016-05-25 19.33.30.jpg

A few joins but no leaks so far after a few months. Summer will be the big test.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, datmoo said:

Did this a few months ago but only just getting around to posting. Is it just me that gets lazy during winter?

Started with a cracked radiator which I tried and failed to fix with J-B Weld to try and keep me on the road.

Radiator was way past it's used by date so I got a thicker factory replacement.

2016-05-25 17.23.42.jpg

While the coolant was drained I thought I'd have a crack at my own take on the coolant bypass mod.

WTF is that how thin these Radiators are? The factory replacement, is that from Scotty?

9 hours ago, Cowboy1600 said:

Used my sucker to go pick up the latest toy purchase other day.

I love my Stag.  Fast and versatile!

Awesome to see another 1600 saved! Maybe we should start up a Stagea and 1600 owners forum. I think there's a few of us out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

Love it, what sort of condition is it in? Good ones are pretty much impossible to find these days

Really good condition.  Very little rust.  I thought it must have been resto'ed at some point in it's life but the guy I bought it from has owned it for over 30 years and it hasn't been.

It's got an L20 running straight LPG and a T03.  5 speed stumpy, alloy flywheel and custom built clutch, R180 LSD, disc rear, adjustable rear trailing arms, front volvo 2 spot and 298mm discs, bilsteins all round, front and rear sway bars.  Lots or good stuff.  Needs some panel damaged fixed, the few rust spots taken care of, a ton of rewiring done and a good clean.  Once that's done I'll get the gas bottle recertified or replaced, remove the turbo and get it running on straight gas then get it through rego.  After that the turbo will go back on.  It's currently 180ish rwhp with NA like response which is plenty for me.  I don't want massive HP.  I think you lose the essence of what these things are when you push big HP through them.

• Like 3