SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

20 hours ago, GoldZilla said:

Yep, I'm guessing because your car is white, a slightly darker colour would work well. I've never been a fan of black wheels, though - what's the point in having or buying nice new wheels if you can't see the detail in them.

Speak for yourself :)

Stag1.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West said:

Whats the part number and where you got them from? Mainly the SS lines.

That looks like some decent bite there.

No idea on part number sorry man, bought as a complete kit on eBay.

Have been dealing with this the past couple of days. It's been a shit couple of weeks. Started with cel 0340 which is drivers side cam sensor. I bought the wrong one initially, so ended up changing both. Straight after that a clip in the handbrake drum assembly decided to let go and start clunking while driving along. Went to the wreckers and sourced 1 from a mid 2000's maxima. All fixed. Went for a drive and started hearing a squealing, buzzy sort of sound on boost and then boom, no more boost. Bloody shitbox. Have spent the last couple of afternoons removing and refitting turbos. Fun job that is. Nearly there now. Just got to put dump and oil line back on and should be back in business.

DSC_0109.jpeg
DSC_0108.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, admS15 said:

Have been dealing with this the past couple of days. It's been a shit couple of weeks. Started with cel 0340 which is drivers side cam sensor. I bought the wrong one initially, so ended up changing both. Straight after that a clip in the handbrake drum assembly decided to let go and start clunking while driving along. Went to the wreckers and sourced 1 from a mid 2000's maxima. All fixed. Went for a drive and started hearing a squealing, buzzy sort of sound on boost and then boom, no more boost. Bloody shitbox. Have spent the last couple of afternoons removing and refitting turbos. Fun job that is. Nearly there now. Just got to put dump and oil line back on and should be back in business.

DSC_0109.jpeg
DSC_0108.jpeg

That looks familiar. hahaha :D

I got my turbo off to find the exact same thing. Then replaced it got everything connected and then start the car to find oil was pouring out from underneath the car. Thiking it could be the copper crush washers on the oil feed banjo bolt.

So off with the turbo again (got it off in a hour) but still couldn't find where the oil was coming from as the banjo bolt was bone dry, so followed the oil feed line and took it off to find what looks like a hole and previous repair job

alksKy.jpg

fypfye.jpg

nNf8F2.jpg

• Like 1

That looks familiar. hahaha [emoji3]
I got my turbo off to find the exact same thing. Then replaced it got everything connected and then start the car to find oil was pouring out from underneath the car. Thiking it could be the copper crush washers on the oil feed banjo bolt.

So off with the turbo again (got it off in a hour) but still couldn't find where the oil was coming from as the banjo bolt was bone dry, so followed the oil feed line and took it off to find what looks like a hole and previous repair job

alksKy.jpg

fypfye.jpg

nNf8F2.jpg

I replaced the oil line with a braided one just for good measure and easier install/removal in future.

Sanded down my side skirts today then plasti dipped one... I REALLY should have followed the instructions or actually googled how to spray paint because it was a pretty bad job lol...

Considering I'd never touched paint in a can before it probably wasn't too bad.

IMG_3578.JPGIMG_3584.JPGIMG_3585.JPGIMG_3590.JPG
This is comparing the newly painted one and the original one.
IMG_3594.JPGIMG_3602.JPGIMG_3604.JPGIMG_3608.JPGIMG_3609.JPGIMG_3614.JPG
And... where I've finished for tonight
IMG_3615.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow I will be putting in the subframe and she will be rolling again... then I can go the touch ups and final stuff haha

Wooweeee
Today was pretty successful I'd say.
I'm sure the people over on the Facebook group got a laugh and all thought I was retarded [emoji23]

I didn't really take many photos today at all,

IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3625.JPGIMG_3627.JPG

And so today we basically only got in the new subframe and got that all secured, we kinda got stuck after we went to change the springs over to the new shocks. The new shocks didn't have bump stops or the boot thing, so we managed to strip the old one down but we couldn't get the bump stop/bolt over to the new shock

Lucky my uncles neighbour works at a custom suspension shop or something and he's gonna get him to give us some advice, we could always go without them but I'd rather it be done properly.

Now; here is where the laughs began.

Going to test fit my new wheels and...
IMG_3632.JPG
Yeah they didn't sit flush. I sat there googling the specs for the bore and what not, it should all add up!
So I made a post on the Facebook group and Jez, straight off the bat said to check for rings around the hub or the wheel, I took a look and couldn't see anything

About a half hour later and posting a close up of the hub someone pointed out that the non rusted ring was probably a spacer thing.

97613F6E-7200-44DA-B783-21FA9982523C.jpg

Well fml. It was... I seriously couldn't tell.. it looked flush to the hub and I probably just thought it was part of the brake disc or whatever.

687DF0FF-58AB-4EBD-8D15-580C94DE2002.jpg

Just a picture of the wheel (has no strut in, hence lowwww)

IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG

Oh! And bonus pic, here is my wheel well thing which I somehow need to clean lol

IMG_3648.JPG

• Like 2

Nathan, I saw that Facebook post last night and tried to comment and link with a photo of my car with the V35 wheels on it to prove that they do fit, but for some reason Facebook wouldn't let me reply and/or attach a photo of my car.

Good to see you've got it sorted, and that it was something so simple.

Anyway, here's a pic for reference:

WF4U8759.jpg

• Like 2

I wish I had the manual subframe in mine - these babies came up for sale a few years back and I was soooooooo tempted to buy them as RE30s are amongst my favourite wheels.

IMG_2666.jpg

Unfortunately, the rears stuck out of the guards and the tyres would have rubbed on every bump.

IMG_2671-Splash.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly-ish update time :P i'm really hoping this weekend will be the final time, it hard because my uncle is giving me a hand (he's a mechanic) and he's been sorting out stuff but he can't always come over and help. 

I ripped out the majority of the rear interior, seeing as my uncle couldn't come that weekend I thought it would be a good idea to finally get to the bottom of the sticky shit that keeps getting over everything. When I bought the car the previous owner told me that the owner before him had used it as their work vehicle and had spilt some oil or so in there. So the majority of the boot panels have got stains on them. It turned out to be a bigger job than I thought, if I knew that the sticky stuff was actually the sound deadening stuff deteriorating from whatever was spilt I could have saved a lot of time and a lot of cans of degreaser lol.

Using a heatgun was the most effective way to remove the old sound deadening. I set it to 450°C which was probably a bit much but it was certainly effective, just a few seconds over the area and a little on the scraper literally just made the stuff roll off. 

So I went to good old Repco and bought some Dynamat, just the 18" X 32" I believe, $64, this was pretty much enough to cover where the old stuff was and a little more, I was pretty happy with how much it covered in all honesty. No clue if I applied the stuff right but its stuck pretty well down, but damn that stuff is pretty sharp along the edges, got a pretty hearty deep flamin mongrel on my finger. 

Do I recommend you doing it? Only if you need to lmao... its a pretty time consuming task and takes a lot of patience. But bloody hell, it is sooooo satisfying with it done, looks super clean and knowing that I can go into the spare wheel well and not get sticky shit all over my hands is awesome.

My uncle also got the springs onto the new shocks and got the bumpstops on which is awesome. 

IMG_3711.thumb.JPG.c5cb3603282ba462583029c4d85cc9e8.JPGIMG_3714.thumb.JPG.20131a0d685b62e902c32379c53877c5.JPGIMG_3719.thumb.JPG.236c114ffa6fc22c2b21daf5df2d215d.JPGIMG_3724.thumb.JPG.45d23b311222f20f67548352aecb5ec5.JPGIMG_3725.thumb.JPG.de04ce97bbb8703d20dccefb4aa5d69f.JPGIMG_3731.thumb.JPG.5c91ffd83f3f776f757d494cf0a89e16.JPGIMG_3732.thumb.JPG.e49378499c90cf1a4882ff7a5613f8a0.JPGIMG_3747.thumb.JPG.122d2685752c4d967600e1f814fa0a18.JPGIMG_3751.thumb.JPG.a9501def2b25cc0ad0c0b232511ec320.JPGIMG_3754.thumb.JPG.031fe3002e434efed7a5f831bba6409b.JPGIMG_3757.thumb.JPG.1042a003037d6108cffbddeac70c5d34.JPGIMG_3845.thumb.JPG.f03b03805e32804ceb87db628d8de381.JPGIMG_3848.thumb.JPG.4ebc6ae1e0f6ec1537f956071cc9ea8c.JPGIMG_3849.thumb.JPG.8fe18fe68ac2452af56bb75b0d66d835.JPGIMG_3822.thumb.JPG.70dd504274545c323a792b51283f6e67.JPGIMG_3824.thumb.JPG.a4ae4cfe5056be7074d4b9a678a4592d.JPG

Sorry about the sizing of the photos, if I knew how to make them smaller I totally would lol.

After 230k the turbo finally gave up – it was most likely the original. Trucked the car to Hampton Park and Scott replaced the turbo with an Intense Billet RS modified to suit the standard ECU – it runs less boost but I don’t have a boost gauge yet so not sure what boost it is running – maybe 9 or 10psi. Drove back to Canberra in 40 plus heat in that Victorian heat wave with air con on and it never missed a beat, didn’t overheat and didn’t lose any coolant - the cooling mod probably helped. Scott also did the brake mod, replaced the oxygen sensor and installed a boost controller. A few days later we replaced the exhaust with a Legalis R - Scott installed his dump pipe and front pipe on an earlier visit. Very happy with the result. Now thinking about an HDI Max Rom. 

Well, its been an expensive month so far, new brake discs fitted along with new brake pads, both EBC, 3GD discs 296mm and Redstuff pads.

Add to this a new BC-Racing  Coil over suspension set designed for my AR-X and now a new rear Sway bar by Whiteline products, Australia. 

I would have fitted a front bar as well BUT it did not fit  my suspension set up on the AR-X despite Whiteline saying it would.

Now, trying to get my money back!!!